• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Purchase stuff!!

Kid Thunder

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi, I'm new to this site. I have a deposit on a 2009 Griso. Waiting for the recall parts to come in. Seems they were to fix the bikes that are already on the road first, makes sense.
How do I find the Guzzitech purchase section? Can't seem to find it.
Want to see what they carry & maybe buy a pipe.
Thanks,
Don-M

OK, now how I find the right side exhaust? Sorry not an expert on computers!
Don-M

Don't feel bad, there called senior moments. They will eventually become part of everyday life, get used to it.....lol...

Kid Thunder wrote:
OK, now how I find the right side exhaust? Sorry not an expert on computers!
Don-M
Hi Don, welcome to the Forum(!), and congrats on the Griso purchase!!!

From the main page linked above, look under the 'Store' heading just down from the top, from there, you will find the link for our pipes... though I'll give it to you now here too -- https://www.guzzitech.com/store/GT-Rx-GrisoExh.html

Also, when you pick your Griso up, be sure to snap a few photos for the Modern Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/MGGriso/Registry.html -- send photo and info to me direct e-mail Todd>at<GuzziTech.com - replace >at< with @ of course.

RacerX,
Thanks for your understanding.
I'm a member of the AF1 Aprilia forum(I have a 2003 Tuono bought new) & am used to that web site which is completely different than this one.
Will do when I get the Griso. I have the money but they are waiting for the recall parts to make the repair.
Guzzi is asking them to do the bikes that are on the road first. They need cams as well the rockers. Plus they need to do an "internal engine wash". Not even taking the oil pump out which I'm sure is full of junk if the metal has started to flake off!!
My bike is 0 miles so it doesn't need the other stuff. Of course Guzzi is taking there time!
I had a couple of warrenty stuff on the Tuono so I know how Italian companies work.
I do most of my own work so thei Griso looks like fun to work on!! Just checking the values on the I Tuono needed to take the tank, airbox, lifting to throttle bodies out of their manifolds!!
Again thanks for you help.
Later,
Don-M aka Kid Thunder

Don:

Check out the video I posted in this forum of the before/after of my G11 getting the RS pipe treatment.

You want that pipe.

Good luck getting your bike on the road.

Ed in NJ

Ed,
Yes, I like!!!
How did the install go? Any tips or problems?
I think it looks great with the wheel showing. It covers up the drive side which massive, looks much better now.
Wonder why Guzzi didn't do it this way?
Where did you get the Tail Tidy? Was it for the Guzzi or is it just generic?
Thanks for the video, there goes another grand down the drain!!!
Later,
Don-M

Don, you shouldn't need cams or a washdown on a zero mile bike. It only calls for tappets (the problem) and plug wires (the other problem). My bike didn't have any metal on the 3 magnetic plugs in the pan at 900 miles. The tappet problem has only happened on a handfull of bikes.

Don:

The pipe took an hour and a half to fit. The only thing really of note is to loosen the two head pipes at the jugs - it makes fitting easier. Also I dropped the starter to get to the O2 sensor disconnect. I needed to disco the O2 to make it easier to screw into the new collector pipe.

The Tidy Tail is the Steelhorse Classics unit - just Google it. Theres $125 for you. I have since added the Skidmarx Hugger. It looks great, although if you look through the posts here you'll see the mounting hardware leaves something to desire. I just painted my brackets black before mounting and now am hoping they dont crack as some have had happen. Theres $175. So yes, you are staring down another G+ to make it how it should be. Who knows what Guzzi was thinking with the LS exit????

I gotta say the Griso spent alot of time under it's cover since I bought it in favor of others from the stable. Since making these changes its now the fave and has seen alot of new miles in the last few weeks. I just got a tail rack and bags all-around and am planning to take it touring this summer. I cannot wait.

Ed in NJ
(PS: Anyone wanna go to Nova Scotia?)

J burgess,
Thanks for the info. I know that the pappets are all that has to be done on a o miles bike but what is the problem with the plug wires?
Don-M

Ed,
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Those small tips make the install easier. I picked you mind, sorry, but thanks!!
Later,
Don-M

Back