• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

RapidBike adaptive tuning

daviscr5

Tuned and Synch'ed
Has anyone tried this system on their V7?

rapidbike.us/products/rb-evo-moto-guzzi-all

The theory seems to make sense and may be an alternative to new maps. This product claims to constantly adapt your bike to an ideal air/fuel mixture. The distributor is local to Orlando and has done great work on my Ninja. He recommends the system but I'm interested to see if anyone has actually tried it.

This module seems as though it performs the same function as a Dynojet PC-V with an Autotune module, for about the same price but with less flexibility. The writeup on their web page says:

The Evo module is universal (same as RACE module) , this means that it can be installed on all the motorcycle models listed in the applications list (once it is properly programmed using the professional software RapidBike Master PRO (sold only to dealers/tuners).

That doesn't sound very end-user friendly.

This module seems as though it performs the same function as a Dynojet PC-V with an Autotune module, for about the same price but with less flexibility. The writeup on their web page says:

The Evo module is universal (same as RACE module) , this means that it can be installed on all the motorcycle models listed in the applications list (once it is properly programmed using the professional software RapidBike Master PRO (sold only to dealers/tuners).

That doesn't sound very end-user friendly.

You bring up a good point in that this isn't something I'd want to mess with. Fortunately the US distributor runs the best motorcycle maintenance/repair shop in Central Florida so I'd trust him to install and adjust. I believe this is fairly new to the US. There are quite a few reputable Euro bike shops across the US that seem to offer this as well as listed on the RapidBike website. I can't find much on the web in terms of reviews on it.

I don't think I mentioned that I'm interested in the GT-RX 2-2 SS exhaust so that is why I'm looking at a tune:)

Rapidbike first (very unsuccessfully) tried to copy Dynojet's Power Commander. I had one to test, and sent it back when it didn't really work (and Dynojet confirmed the reasons after they bought one too, like they always do to competitors products). I'm not sure what year your V7 is, but if it's a '13+ single throttle body version, it doesn't seem they offer one to work. Full closed loop is where it's at, but two sensors alone are $85/each online, cheapest I can find.
I'd say give it a try and let us know how it goes, or spend the $495 with me for my flash tool; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-v7-ecu-re-flash-tool/ - and be done with it. I'll cut you a deal on it with my 2:2 full exhaust. Ping me direct; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Todd, appreciate the feedback. I have a 15' V7 5-speed. Fine bike but similar to other opinions, it seems like the sound could be better and a more linear power curve could be gained along with uncorking a touch of power. I like the look of your pipes. All of this said, the last time I added a full exhaust system to a bike (a 2011 Triumph Scrambler with a full Arrow exhaust), it was a nightmare even after being installed and mapped (and re-mapped unsuccessfully) by the dealer in Austin, TX. I ended up going back to stock and eBay'ing the system for a massive loss. Can you steer me towards a thread with some feedback on a similar setup of yours?

Thanks!

I have Todd's setup on my 13 v7 racer. Reflash, 2 into1 exaoust. And air filter, along with other cosmetic stuff. I'm very happy with it just wish the new reflash product he's offering currently would of been available last winter when I purchased.

Todd, appreciate the feedback. I have a 15' V7 5-speed.
Then the above kit won't work. Spend some time looking around here, I think you'll find my work speaks for itself to eliminate buying things that don't/won't work. I stand behind everything I offer 110%. Per the post above, and those few posted on my flash tool link above, you'll be quite thrilled with the differences. Again, ping me direct email with any questions; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Then the above kit won't work. Spend some time looking around here, I think you'll find my work speaks for itself to eliminate buying things that don't/won't work. I stand behind everything I offer 110%. Per the post above, and those few posted on my flash tool link above, you'll be quite thrilled with the differences. Again, ping me direct email with any questions; Todd at GuzziTech.com
Thanks Todd, will do-

Back