• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

RC ramble around central California

jamileh

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I had a very nice autumn weekend on the RC. Yesterday rode with a young kid - not a squid, however - who rides his R1 like a dual-sport - he loves goat-hunting, kinda like I do..... (He had never heard of a Moto Guzzi, btw. After he rode behind me for a stretch, at the next stop, he goes, "What kind of bike is that again?" I think he liked the music.) Took some back roads between Visalia and Bakersfield and up into the Sierras.... Today, went up to Kings Canyon....

breckenridge001.jpg

breckenridge003.jpg

breckenridge087.jpg

breckenridge114.jpg

breckenridge118.jpg

breckenridge142.jpg

breckenridge180.jpg

breckenridge167.jpg

cedargrove013.jpg

cedargrove020.jpg

cedargrove031.jpg

cedargrove034.jpg

cedargrove021.jpg

cedargrove065.jpg

I've noticed before that the right side of my pix get cut off when I post - should I be making them smaller somehow? The actual pic/ closeup of the RC with the fall colors shows the whole bike - you're probably all sick of looking at it anyway.....

jamileh said:
I've noticed before that the right side of my pix get cut off when I post - should I be making them smaller somehow? The actual pic/ closeup of the RC with the fall colors shows the whole bike - you're probably all sick of looking at it anyway.....
Jam, great everything, thanks much for posting! Did you happen upon the R1 rider by chance? Those are usually the best days. Dave with you it looks like too? Don't think anyone can tire of seeing the RC, you kidding?
On the pics, the Forum setting is currently unlimited width, so I'll have to link Aaron to this post for him to reply.

Sam the Intrepid, the r1 guy, is on a local forum here in central valley, and posts about all these goat roads he takes his r1 on. so i invited him to come along to check out Breckenridge. hadn't met him till Sat when we met up for the ride, which was the 2 of us. great kid, great attitude, only been riding a year, but totally addicted and wise beyond his years, on and off the bike.... then Sunday, he and another guy from the same forum and i went up to cedar grove. Carl had just gotten a new FJR 3 days before.... it was a great weekend of riding. i was tired today!!! Poor David is in Asia on a biz trip for 3+ weeks... I feel bad, real bad.

Thanks, Keith.
Did you recognize Breckenridge Rd, not that far from you? If you haven't been on it yet, you should check it out before the snows set in...
Happy trails!!

PS how's your foot?

Don't know Breckenridge road, unless in Co? Started riding to work again this week, it's been good. I'm buying a house in Wrightwood now, should make for nice rides to work next summer.

Thanks, Bill.

Keith, Breckenridge Rd. runs roughly parallel to 178, but south of it. It goes west from Caliente/Bodfish to just east of Bakersfield. Fun, fairly goaty road with little to no traffic and cool views. I think you would like it. You need a Benchmark CA map for Hanukkah.

Your new house also sounds like an excellent halfway house for wayward guzzisti and/or NAR crash pad. Want Todd or Safety Bob or me or some other hooligans to give it the white-glove test for ya??? What's the address?? Haha!!!

Very glad to hear you're up and riding again. Just in time for some wonderful autumn riding.... ENJOY and talk soon!!

jamileh said:

Try reducing the resolution of your pictures to 800 pixels wide by whatever pixels high (depending on the aspect ratio you're using). This is the best method I've found.

Back