• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Real Electronic Cruise Control, part 1:

zoom zoom

Tuned and Synch'ed
There are a couple of things I feel I would like, and true electronic cruise control is one of them. Though I was waiting for the Oz guy to have the kabootle kit for the Norge, nobody there ever bit. I simply didn't want to go through the hassel of figuring out all the various bits to complete the basic kit.

Therefore, I decided to go the cheap, (inexpensive), route, and purchase the Audio Vox unit that many have adapted sucessfully to bikes. At this point, my Norge looks like a picked over Thanksgiving turkey, having been disassembled for this and other improvements, (suspension upgrades). Anyway, the initial gut feeling is that this will be easier than I figured. After removing the emissions canister from the rear compartment under the seat, I have found that the servo unit fits perfectly there using the same clamp that held the charcoal canister that I removed. Cable routing looks to be pretty straight forward too. The vacume line from the intake manifold can probably be reused to supply the cruise. There is enough room under that side cover under the seat to allow a good enough sweep for the cable. I think I even have an idea on where to put the bracket that secures the other end of the cable in alignment with the linkage rod between the two throttle bodies.Since this is a work in progress, there will be more to come as things progress. It will also be necessary to fabricate a vacume cannister out of PVC pipe and figure a location for that as well. My initial thoughts are to put that beside the battery since I don't use that space for anything much anyway. If I can figure out a better place that will keep that useable, I'll do that. Stay tuned:

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

This is the servo unit mounted in the place of the charcoal cannister. If it turns out I need more distance for the cable, I may point it the other direction and sweep across and down. FWIW, the same bracket that held the charcoal cannister holds the servo. (black plastic.)
vacuumservo.jpg

This shows the cable coming out. The side trim will cover this and allow enough room for the cable to sweep without a sharp bend.
cablerouting.jpg

There is a bracket that will need to be attached that secures the end of the cable sheath. This bolt goes into a J nut. With a bit longer bolt, and a regular nut, I think that bracket can be attached behind. There is room to get a wrench in there to tighten a nut.
mountingbolt.jpg

No matter how the cable routes, it needs to end up here. I figure it will pull from the linkage rod between the TB's. This puts it in alignment for that. It will, of course, be hidden underneath. It appears that it should move freely without worrying about something catching or binding.
cableangle.jpg

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Back