• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Recalibration of speedo/tc/abs after new tires?(Help Please)

ChucksV9Bobber

Tuned and Synch'ed
(I cannot find a topic on this) Long story short I got new tires on my V9 Bobber and my dummy lights stay lit/two yellow ones and my speedo quit working. The tech at the dealership said I have to recalibrate the system and it is in the owners manual on how to do it. Well after reading and searching for a few hours I cannot find it.

Can anyone help me out on how to do this?

(I cannot find a topic on this) Long story short I got new tires on my V9 Bobber and my dummy lights stay lit/two yellow ones and my speedo quit working. The tech at the dealership said I have to recalibrate the system and it is in the owners manual on how to do it. Well after reading and searching for a few hours I cannot find it.
Can anyone help me out on how to do this?
Incorrect, they likely damaged the sensor wires or sensors. Have them inspect/replace them for you.
The speedo and related will still work with new tires, just may not be accurate if you changed size(s).

I’ve changed three sets of tires on the Honda, and will have to change the tires on the V7 this summer maybe.

Is there that much more Wrestling involved with Tubeless tires / wheels.
I wouldnt want to mess up those nice black wheels but I don’t know any gorillas I trust to change em...

Todd is correct, they damaged the wires or sensors. Don't worry about speedometer accuracy. None of them are accurate. Also manufactures tend to have their speedometers read higher than actual to reduce driving awards (citations).

Incorrect, they likely damaged the sensor wires or sensors. Have them inspect/replace them for you.
The speedo and related will still work with new tires, just may not be accurate if you changed size(s).
Yeah they are OEM sized I switched from Continental to Pirelli, everything is the same. Is it the front ABS sensor that controls the speedo or rear? My Speedo is not working at all and is reading 0mph when I took it for a spin the other day. Sadly the tires weren't put on at the Guzzi Dealership because they wouldn't install new customer brought in tires which mine were purchased from Revzilla. If it is the front one thats the issue my local Guzzi has one in stock and if it is the rear they have to order it. If they messed with any of the ABS rings would this cause the issue too? I did notice the rear has more space from the sensor than the front.

On the V7i, the speedo magnet on the rear brake disk and the sensor ir on the brake mounting assembly

Would the tire installer not be responsible for any damage? They don't have to be a dealer to have a conscience.
They are fighting me saying they did nothing wrong, they won't do any diagnostics on it/claiming they do not have a guzzi tech. If I take it to my guzzi dealer they are backlogged for about 2-3 weeks, I have spoken to them about the issue to ask a rough estimate on cost on repairs but they wouldn't tell me without looking at the bike first. I was going to take their quote and send to the shop that put the tires on to get them to pay for it. If anything is the part an easy install to where I can put it on myself? Unfortunately I am probably going to have to file a BBB complaint against them.

They are fighting me saying they did nothing wrong, they won't do any diagnostics on it/claiming they do not have a guzzi tech.
Are they a legit shop with a state business #? It’s a real head-scratcher for any shop not to say, bring it back, we’ll take a look at it. I could never send a bike on the way without everything working 100%, especially after we worked on it. They don’t need a Guzzi Tech, they need simple care and eyeballs. The bike will likely go into limp home mode without speedo data. Get it to Cadre Cycle, even if you have to schedule an appointment and wait. Too bad @scottmastrocinque is so far from you.

JMHO! I've changed out at least 6 sets of tires between the V7III and the V85. I am about as ham-fisted and sometimes careless as you can get and as of yet, I haven't messed one up. I'm just saying they must have somebody completely incompetent there. Have you really looked it over good for something obvious like a broken wire or completely out-of-place sensor?

Are they a legit shop with a state business #? It’s a real head-scratcher for any shop not to say, bring it back, we’ll take a look at it. I could never send a bike on the way without everything working 100%, especially after we worked on it. They don’t need a Guzzi Tech, they need simple care and eyeballs. The bike will likely go into limp home mode without speedo data. Get it to Cadre Cycle, even if you have to schedule an appointment and wait. Too bad @scottmastrocinque is so far from you.
Called cadre and Have an appointment with them on the 13th, and I found one issue a damn wheel weight came off well not just one but 3 of the 1/4oz ones i found laying under my bike. I called the shop again and they said to bring them the rims they will do it today, but if they have to take them off again then it will be a few weeks. I took the front off because it was easy took for re balance, and trade to calibrate speedo again with no luck. I think they are pretty legit because they have 2 shops and have bought gear from them on numerous occasions. I did however notice the piece that is on the rear rotor where the sensor reads was bent and paint missing( I call it the ABS ring but idk the correct term) I think they could have damaged it when installing the tire.

JMHO! I've changed out at least 6 sets of tires between the V7III and the V85. I am about as ham-fisted and sometimes careless as you can get and as of yet, I haven't messed one up. I'm just saying they must have somebody completely incompetent there. Have you really looked it over good for something obvious like a broken wire or completely out-of-place sensor?
No broken or lose wires, I did however notice the piece that is on the rear rotor where the sensor reads was bent and paint missing( I call it the ABS ring but idk the correct term) I think they could have damaged it when installing the tire.

No broken or lose wires, I did however notice the piece that is on the rear rotor where the sensor reads was bent and paint missing( I call it the ABS ring but idk the correct term) I think they could have damaged it when installing the tire.
Likely. Hopefully you can get it resolved quickly.

I hate to hear this type of stuff. Unfortunately it's ubiquitous anymore. Very few places actually take the time and care to provide excellent service. It's just slam it out as fast as possible.

Enzo, the owner of Cadre Cycle is a FIRST CLASS great guy and he will take good care of you I'm sure!

If you are ever in need of work and you are in the Findlay area, I'd be happy to help you. I am a licensed motorcycle repair facility in Ohio. I also don't care where my customer buy their tires. I will cheerfully mount any new tire for anybody. The margin on tires is so pathetic, I prefer not to sell them. It's just not worth the hassle. Mounting and balancing is so straight forward and much more satisfying.

Right now, I am booked out almost 2 months in advance and filling up faster by the day,

Good Luck!

www.scottsmotorcycleworkshop.com

Smw Original Logo

Just an update, talked to cadre and they said if my rims are out of balance it will cause the speedo not to work, they also informed me that the ring, that the other shop bent up is likely the cause of my issue. They had to order the part from Italy and will also be replacing the sensor which is ordered as well. 3-4 weeks for them to arrive, Cadre will also rebalance the rear tire for me after hearing the issue from the other shop. I agree with what Cadre said that it would be a long drawn out fight to try and prove the other shop damaged it and it's best to just cut ties with the other place.

I hate to hear this type of stuff. Unfortunately it's ubiquitous anymore. Very few places actually take the time and care to provide excellent service. It's just slam it out as fast as possible.

Enzo, the owner of Cadre Cycle is a FIRST CLASS great guy and he will take good care of you I'm sure!

If you are ever in need of work and you are in the Findlay area, I'd be happy to help you. I am a licensed motorcycle repair facility in Ohio. I also don't care where my customer buy their tires. I will cheerfully mount any new tire for anybody. The margin on tires is so pathetic, I prefer not to sell them. It's just not worth the hassle. Mounting and balancing is so straight forward and much more satisfying.

Right now, I am booked out almost 2 months in advance and filling up faster by the day,

Good Luck!

www.scottsmotorcycleworkshop.com

View attachment 21638
I will keep your shop in mind next time I need tires, so probably in 2 years since I put on 3500-4000 miles a year on my bike.

Just an update, talked to cadre and they said if my rims are out of balance it will cause the speedo not to work, they also informed me that the ring, that the other shop bent up is likely the cause of my issue. They had to order the part from Italy and will also be replacing the sensor which is ordered as well. 3-4 weeks for them to arrive, Cadre will also rebalance the rear tire for me after hearing the issue from the other shop. I agree with what Cadre said that it would be a long drawn out fight to try and prove the other shop damaged it and it's best to just cut ties with the other place.

Out of balance wheel shouldn't keep the speedometer from working. Sounds like Cadre will take care of you.

Back