• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Recall kits arrived for the Midlands

loftyjohn

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi Gang

Great news, piaggio are getting the recall kits out asap.

Spoke to Paul at Speedaway this morning the recall kits have arrived:)
I am taking mine in on Friday morning:)

They are going to replace the cams, tappet bowls, O rings and HT plug leads.
The fuel level indicator switch will also be addressed while the tank is off:)

Loftyjohn

Hello
It's good to here the kits are now arriving, mine has been in this week for the update and a service my garage at home looks very empty. hope to collect on saturday. Also hope streffords are going to be able to sort the fuel gauge and misting of the dash out for me. Cannot wait to get out on the road again.

Radders

Got the Stelvio back from shop after recall work.
Everything seems ok.
Felt really wierd as I have been riding my Ducati Hyper for last month or so.
Cams done, new belly pan and rocker cover Guzzi badges, still to get pannier rails and exhaust side pannier changed.

Hi Gang

Dropped the bike off at Speedaway this morning, look what they gave me-

Another bloody 4v:laugh:
No joking aside its a really lovely bike if a little small for me:)
The engine is one of the brand new ones all done and dusted,ready to rock and roll.
The mapping of the bike feels slightly diffrent to the Stelvio, it spins up much quicker.
It feel like its got bigger lungs, twist the throttle from 2500rpm and away she goes, you get the same 5500 rush but it dont seem as noticeble.

Also it has definately got less vibes, all through the rev range from tick over to 90mph cruising.

Plus mega under seat storage:)

l
Loftyjohn

You think they'd notice if you found and gave back an older 2V 1200 Sport? B)

Hi gang

Well I do think they would notice Rene:laugh:
I do like the Sport in black if it was the white one with red and green stripes in the show room I might have considered keeping that one:)
That one certainly does look the dogs danglies:)

Loftyjohn

Kit has arrived for mine, can't fit me in till 23rd of April, lets hope the engine doesn't let go before then !

Hi Gang

I looks like I will be keeping the 1200 4v Sport for another week:(

Technical update done and dusted:)
They want to keep my bike a little longer to replace the oil seal on the CARC:( :(

Apparantly this is the ''1st Stelvio to do this'':laugh:

Paul said after the problems you have had we want to make sure the bike is sorted before giving it me back:)

I cannot fault Paul and Speedaway dam good dealership with great support, just crossing fingers and toes this is the last time I will see them for another 6,000 miles:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Loftyjohn

So how are you liking the Sport? ;)

I guess there must still be some bad seals or bearings or whatever lying around in the factory or Luigi's shoebox ... or as some(one) here might be tempted to proclaim ... there must be something inherently wrong with the CARC design :silly:

But since it's a known and minor issue ... no need to also cross your eyes ;)

(edit: or cross yourself :D :D :D)

hello guys
Got my stelvio back. Good to be back on the road, niether the dash or the fuel gauge sorted not getting the replys i expect from the dealer.They just will not except there is a problem.And i got the bike back dirtier than when i left it. I think i am going to travel the extra miles and change dealership.

Radders

Hi Gang

Picking the big red Stelvio up tomorrow all jobs done and ready to roll:)

I do hope my bike goes as well as this 1200 sport, 450 miles of fun. What a stonking piece of kit.
If you are looking for a new Guzzi and the Stelvio is a little tall and portly the 1200 sport rocks.
It's a little short in the leg for me but it is a great all rounder.
It has a diffrent feel alltogether from the Stelvio, the fueling is sweet the same but it spins up quicker and the mid range seems to be fatter.
Go try one:) now before they sell out;)
The Black ones do get dirty quick and show all of the little scratches.

Loftyjohn
I will let you know how mine performs in the week.

Back