• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Red Elbow Fuel Connector Issues

sarkkus

Just got it firing!
I have read just about every forum/thread there is about figuring out a replacement for the red elbow that is so notorious for snapping. Several months ago when I first bought the bike (2011 V7 Classic), I broke mine and ended up replacing it with a metal equivalent from Zip-Ty Racing. I then slipped and clamped some fuel line onto the smooth part and then slipped the other end onto the t-connector and let it be from there. Oh what I didn’t know...
So fast forward to the winter time.. New fuel leak springs up, and I take a look below the tank once again. Turns out the metal elbow wasn’t gripping the hose well enough and despite the clamp, it slipped off. So I bought some new fuel line, and a month later it happened again. So finally I realized I needed to get an actual connector to fit onto this stupid elbow. I ordered an OEM fuel line assembly since MG doesn’t sell just the connector (yet another reason why this one tiny issue has been a nightmare), and I installed the entire new line. Plug in the connector to my nifty metal replacement, but it wasn’t clicking in. So I start the bike and it runs for a minute, but I see that the QD fitting is slipping off. Before I could turn off the bike, it slipped off the rest of the way on its own, and sprayed both of my eyeballs with a healthy dose of gasoline.

SO. This is where I’m at: I want a quick disconnect solution that will work. I don’t want to replace the stock fuel lines or plastic QD piece because it cost me 70 bucks. So I either need to find a way to make the metal elbow that I have work properly, or source a replacement plastic elbow from somewhere in the UK. I’ve looked everywhere and am finding that Gutsibits doesn’t have the part available, and according to a couple different forums that seems to have been the case for a while. So then it becomes a question of whether or not I can get the metal replacement to work- and I suspect that is simply a question of dimensions. I’m going to attach a couple pictures and I would love some opinions on what the best course of action is. Keep in mind I’m young, living in an apartment complex (no garage to work on all of this stuff), I work long hours 6 days a week, and don’t have any tools beyond the basic mechanic set and a torque wrench. So there’s no machining parts or soldering fancy stuff. I was thinking if maybe my metal piece is too long I could just hack off a couple of millimeters and try it that way? My only concern with that being that it has to be long enough to extend past the o-ring in order to seal and it could simply be too wide in diameter to fit correctly, or maybe have too big of a lip to lock in. Basically I need to find out which dimension is preventing it from locking correctly.
I’m also willing to go back to the OEM plastic piece too, I just can’t seem to find a current source for one that doesn’t involve complex/sketchy shipping procedures.

If I sound like an idiot, it’s probably because I am. This is my first bike and dealing with this issue has not been easy because I’ve never been a mechanic and the internet gives a lot of mixed answers. I didn’t even know until today that fuel injected bikes need special line. Oops.
DD04F62C 46A0 4DC8 80D3 38E2A9846863 0BB22C73 F28C 4CD7 BDC2 5ABEC183AFF3 21A79B28 9A32 4BC6 964B 2DDC8F60211C

Are we talking about the red elbow then? I’m having trouble finding an OEM source that actually shows images and I don’t want to just order something unless I’m sure it’s the correct part..

Thank you- I can see that it is indeed in the schematic.. It is discontinued through the manufacturer so all I can do is cross my fingers that I can find one in stock somewhere. I appreciate the help from everyone!

Back