• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

removing the rear wheel without centre stand

So ... you lift the bike with a scissor stand ... so that stand is under the finned bottom of the engine (oil pan)? That area can handle that type of force?

That Pitbull stand looks great, but doesn't work on a V7 III.

That Pitbull stand looks great, but doesn't work on a V7 III.

True enough, but the Pit Bull folks made that one as a result of "demand." Let 'em know you are interested; encourage other III owners to do same. As we all know, money talks.

I like my Pit Bull lots ...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW thumb 59e9

and find it a much nicer product than the H-B one I use for the Griso.

True enough, as pointed out by another poster, you can -- unlike the Pit Bull -- take a center stand with you, I don't want such for the Stornello. Might feel differently with a street model. If disabled ... knock on the metal (hurray!) tank ... I will take my chances. I have done a number of roadside fixes for flats, etc., but won't try that with the Stornello's tubed tires. That's why I have AMA (and other) towing plans and AMEX for the bar that night. ;)

No clue how the H-B or other center stands affect lean angle. Before I up-gunned the Norge's rear shock with a Todd product, I took off that machine's center stand because I was constantly grounding it.

Best,

Bill

All that is required is the evap canister delete (and possibly the bracket).

Thanks! I really like pitbull stands and that seems WAY better then lifting by the bottom of the finned oil pan.

Todd - I checked your site ... you don't sell the pitbull stand??

Todd - I checked your site ... you don't sell the pitbull stand??
Welcome, and I do have an account to do so with them... But you can find them online with free shipping, which I'll be losing money if I do that, so I pulled them from my site.

The Abba Superbike Stand also works with the V7III (using the fitment kit for a 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200, which isn't listed on their site ... but they'll tell you that if you write and ask the question).

I like using it a bit more than the Pit Bull type stands ... It's easier for a single individual to get the bike on and off the Abba stand without dropping it. The Pit Bull and other rear stands like it are safest to use when you have an assistant to help stabilize the bike while you put it on and take it off the stand.

Both work, of course. :)

^^^^^^

Don't know the Abba, but agree that the PB is not a one-person stand ... at least if I am the one person. :giggle:

I can get the Griso on and off the H-B alone ... tho I usually pray before and congratulate myself after that exercise as it always seems a close-run thing. ;)

OTOH, the PB allows me to move the Stornello around a (wee) bit; the HB wants to stay put.

Great to have such stands, tho. Happy with both.

Bill

Bill,
Here's a YouTube video showing how the Abba Superbike Stand works:

I was immediately impressed when I saw it, and found that it works very very well in practice. There are a couple of accessories for it too that allow you to also raise the forks for service, or use a tool tray on either side for a convenient place to put tools, bolts, etc down while you're working.

G

Wow, that Abba stand looks pretty awesome. So on the V7 III Racer, the Multi strada fitment pieces fit over the MG swingarm bolt end area? No damage to red paint?! :)

Godfrey - do you have this and use it on your Racer?

I do indeed have an Abba Superbike Stand. I used it extensively when I was working on the Ducati Scrambler, then bought the fitment pieces for the Multistrada 1200 and tested it with the Racer when I dumped the Scrambler and acquired Racer. It fits very well, causes no damage to anything, and is very very stable as well as very easy to get the bike on and off without risk or dropping it.

I haven't used the Superbike stand too much yet for anything serious. I have another stand (a ride-on front/rear wheel chocking stand) that I use to park the bike with so that it's upright in the garage. (I dislike parking bikes on the side stand all the time and really don't want to add the Hepco-Becker center stand to Racer; it just seems a bit of lump hanging off the bottom of the bike.) Unlike with the Ducati, for most of the service and detail fussing about I've needed to do with Racer that has been sufficient to hold the bike upright ... but you can't use it to service front or rear wheels, or use the rear wheel to rotate the engine for valve adjustment with it, etc. The Superbike Stand will come out when I need to do the next full service... :)

Back