• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Replacement Foot Pegs

Racer242

Tuned and Synch'ed
Several reviewers have made less than stellar comments about the foot pegs. The rubber insert gives a very vague feel and only serves to cover up a rather cheap looking formed steel frame. I had these pegs in one of my parts pins and it looks like they will fit. They are standard dirt bike parts that I know will also fit on a Suzuki DRZ400. Assuming they fit and the angle is correct on the Stelvio, I will grind down the spikes as they can destroy a pair a boots in about 10-12 hours. It's too cold to work in my unheated garage but should be able to post a follow up later this week.

IMG 3044

Several reviewers have made less than stellar comments about the foot pegs. The rubber insert gives a very vague feel and only serves to cover up a rather cheap looking formed steel frame. I had these pegs in one of my parts pins and it looks like they will fit. They are standard dirt bike parts that I know will also fit on a Suzuki DRZ400. Assuming they fit and the angle is correct on the Stelvio, I will grind down the spikes as they can destroy a pair a boots in about 10-12 hours. It's too cold to work in my unheated garage but should be able to post a follow up later this week.

View attachment 34065
Why don’t you just screw the studs out? No grinding required.

Why don’t you just screw the studs out? No grinding required.
Good point. With no studs, there is very little grip on the pegs. I have found that rounding them off provides enough grip on muddy boots but doesn't eat up the soles.

In any case, it would take some grinding or cutting to make them fit. On the aluminum pegs the hole for the pin is the correct diameter but the base that goes in to the "rear set" receptacle on the bike is just slightly too wide. It fits but, too tightly to allow the pegs to fold. The other issue is the part of the aluminum peg that keeps them perpendicular to the bike is too long. Again, that could be cut or ground away if I absolutely wanted to fit these pegs but I don't. They will be preserved, un-modified for some future as yet unidentified project. If I were to buy pegs, I would get something like an IMS style steel or Ti peg with serrated edges.

The rubber inserts are the source of the vague feel and they are really squishy. They can be unbolted and you have a somewhat smallish, somewhat cheap looking peg typically seen on a small duel sport.

IMG 3046

View attachment 34065
I purchased the wide Pivot Pegs, with the teeth covers, for my '22 V85TT Adventure. I plan to swap the pegs from left to right to lower them about a half inch, to help my failing hips. Some of the absolute best money spent so far to improve comfort and feel.

PXL 20240209 164913645 PXL 20240209 164933000

Not sure about that buddy – I can confirm is that these foot pegs do fit the new Stelvio. They are manufactured by a small Italian machine shop named Gamma Zinken. I am sure many of you have come across their products at one point or another, although they manufacture a wide variety of items, not just motorcycle accessories.

Ps. I did have to hand file the profile just a tad in order for them to fold smoothly.

Not sure about that buddy – I can confirm is that these foot pegs do fit the new Stelvio. They are manufactured by a small Italian machine shop named Gamma Zinken. I am sure many of you have come across their products at one point or another, although they manufacture a wide variety of items, not just motorcycle accessories.

Ps. I did have to hand file the profile just a tad in order for them to fold smoothly.
Would you be kind enough to post a link.

Would you be kind enough to post a link.

NO.

PLEASE! Read the rotating screens at the top of every page. They contain rules and valuable information you are expected to know!

Hyperlinks are not allowed. Use Google and search for the name he listed. Every bit of data passing through the server here, costs money and it is not right to stick GTM with that cost when you can do it for free from your own computer with minimal effort.

Thank you very much. 👍🙏😀

IMG 3989

Last edited:
NO.

PLEASE! Read the rotating screens at the top of every page. They contain rules and valuable information you are expected to know!

Hyperlinks are not allowed. Use Google and search for the name he listed. Every bit of data passing through the server here, costs money and it is not right to stick GTM with that cost when you can do it for free from your own computer with minimal effort.

Thank you very much. 👍🙏😀

View attachment 34635
Sorry didn't understand that the links are only for the store my bad.

It’s ok. Now you know and can be polite about this situation.

These types of requests are best handled in a “Conversation”.

Click the gentleman’s username and select “Start Conversation”. That is being polite to our host (GTM) as it would be wrong to reference to products offsite that compete with offerings in the STORE tab. Sales from their, help fund this totally free private website. 👌👍🙏

Back