• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Replacing dash on B11

guzzijimbo

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Can anyone tell what is involved when replacing a dash. Mine has some issues: deteriorating LCD and blinker faults, it's close to time for a newy.

Is it simply a matter of plug in and ride away or are there code issues etc. I have a code problem.

In regard to codes, the original purchaser of my bike was asked at point of delivery, did he want a code, he said no and didn't get one and knows nothing of codes, I have a good mate who has bought a new B11 and subsequently a new B12 from the same dealer and went through the same exercise, he has no code. This is contary to all I have read ???

Thanks jim.

Send it to carmo and he will repair it. Much cheaper than a replacement. I've looked and no one else can get LCD's.

If you're refering to removing it, do a search there is heaps of info.

Robert

If the bike doesn't ask you for a user code when you turn on the key, then the dealer entered a code that you don't know. On a new dash, my understanding is you need the factory diagnostic software to have the new dash learn your keys. I recommend you compare cost of a new dash, vs. repair. Replacement could be more economical, but Carmo will probably seal the dash better than the original maker. If you send it to Carmo, ask if they will add additional vent holes in the housing.

Some years ago I had to replace the dash on my Breva under warranty. It was quite straight forward to match the keys, no software required, seeing it was a new dash as the code was 00000. I did alter it to an old phone number but am going to change it to the last 5 digits of the VIN to stop any problems in the future if I on sell it.

I'm trying to avoid the local dealers on this one, bike parts in OZ are absurdly expensive, for example I priced an engine speed sensor for the B11from different local dealers, it was $250au, I bought one from "Bike Sport Developments" in the UK for $37au.

It's metric here, I have quotes of $800au for a dash from Europe, however if it needs to be dialed in by a local dealer then that may eat up the saving.

I also have two master keys and no slave keys, it all gets a bit tricky. If it goes to Carmo dose it come back ready to fit and ride or dose it need to be dialed in to the system also.

Don't you just love the old bikes, non of this rubbish, if the blinker/flasher box goes then it's $5 and 5 minutes to fix. no new dash required. Bugger!!!

Send Carmo the dash and keys and it becomes plug and play. I suggest calling them to make sure, but that is my understanding.

If the LCD is toast then Carmo may not be able to fix it.

Someone else was reporting Carmo unable to replace the LCD and they had to go through quite a bit of work before they got a working dash. I think Carmo also charged a fee for evaluating each dash.

Otherwise the dash is plug and play.

Back