• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rev limiter, bit of fun !

hugzy

Tuned and Synch'ed
I had a bit of a race today with a GSXR1100 and I think the Griso held its own pretty well, of course I don't know whether the GSXR was really trying but I think the guy was surprised that I was still over his right shoulder. Anyway , to the point, this was the first time I've ever revved the Griso so high and before I knew it I was up at 8000rpm and at that point the bike misfired or just stopped firing, does anyone know whether the 07 1100 has an rev limiter, I know its got a gear change indicator but this don't stop it from revving, it seems like there's a limiter at about 8k anyone know ???

PS. It really did fly, surprised me anyway !!!

Fun, GSXR1100? What vintage?

Yes, both the G11 and G8V have rev limiters stock set to 8300 RPM.

Hi Todd, no idea what vintage it was, the only reason I know it was a GSXR 1100 is because I thought about getting one myself back in the mid 90's. Never did though. I do think the Griso is too low geared though, it fly's much too easy into the red. Shame you just cant bolt on a smaller spocket !!!

GT-Rx said:
Fun, GSXR1100? What vintage?

Yes, both the G11 and G8V have rev limiters stock set to 8300 RPM.
On my 2011 G8VSE the rev limter kicks in around 7800 rpm (definitely before 8000 rpm).

Greyo said:
On my 2011 G8VSE the rev limter kicks in around 7800 rpm (definitely before 8000 rpm).
G8V rev limiter is @8400 RPM as programmed in the ECU.

Jon, yes, sure do.

Mi_ka said:
Any way to put in there the 8% taller 8valver's primary (I think) gearing?

Is it not just the final drive that is higher on the 8v ? if it was worth the expence maybe I could just change the cardan gearing ?

Of course it all depends on how silly you want to get on public roads and the capability of the riders but all thing being equal and with good judgement and comon sense taken out of the equation,if the gsxr rider had been serious then the the only view you would have had of it from the saddle of a Griso is the back of the Gixer disappearing into the horizon.The Suzukis are light and quick.I have an 07 1000 as a track bike,stock std apart from slicks and a pipe it pulls 285kph down Phillip Island straight,with a duffer like me riding it.
Ciao

hugzy said:
Mi_ka said:

Is it not just the final drive that is higher on the 8v ? if it was worth the expence maybe I could just change the cardan gearing ?

Going through the parts catalogs etc I see that the CARC unit is 12/44 for both models and the gear ratios are the same over the gearbox range while the primary drive is 24/35 for the 1100 and 26/35 for the 8V which is 8% longer.
Clutch assemblies differ a lot and it seems that the primary transmission is an integral part of the clutch shaft or so it seems to me.The clutch cover diagram looks the same and the different corresponding part number may be just due to different color.

But the virtually similar Breva 1100 reports 26/35 primary and same gearbox/CARC ratios so it must be doable.
How many parts may be needed? Lots of labor?
I am interested too.

(Side notes: CARC seems to be the same part all over the range,
also it seems that there is a typo in the Griso 8V parts list portraying as 24 teeth for the primary gear while the the other manuals say 26 or maybe I am looking at the wrong part at page 80 , 34.56 "Clutch shaft")

Nah the race didn't last that long, it was only untill we caught up with the traffic in front of us !! so he couldn't get away even if he wanted to !!!!! :cool:

hugzy said:
Mi_ka said:

All the CARC bevel sets are the same. No difference to any of them bar colour.

Pete

Back