• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Review for LED Plate Surround

Ron S

Just got it firing!
We got a break in the bitter cold this Saturday, so I spent some time in the garage intending on installing some of the pieces I have purchased from Guzzi Tech.

The original owner of my 2015 Griso had installed a fender eliminator kit, but it lacked any type of license plate light. Not wanting to be pulled over for a mundane issue, I bought an led plate surround from GT.

It seems well made ( made in US), my only complaint is that the wiring for the led light comes straight out of the back on the top of the plate. This means it will not sit flat against the license plate mounting surface.
I was able to drill a hole in the flat plate mounting surface and install a rubber grommet to protect the wires from chaffing on the metal. Once I figured that out, I had to test fit my US license plate. It will not fit over the frame, so it must go under so that the license plate is sandwiched between the lighted frame and the mounting surface.

The issue then became the top holes would not line up and the top of the license plate would hit the wires coming out of the rear of the frame( it might be easier if the wiring came out of the top rather than the back of the frame). I took my license plate and used a drill to oval out the top holes, ground a half circle in the middle top using my grinding wheel (to create clearance for the wires).

The rest of the install was straightforward and the led is just the right amount of brightness to illuminate the plate, but not too bright as to look out of place. The frame looks good and gives the whole rear a more finished look than it had with just the fender eliminator and bare license plate hanging out there.

Some of my friends told me I should have bought some cheap strip led lighting and made my own plate light, but I feel this item was fairly priced and makes for a much better looking solution than I could have come up with on my own.

The install did take longer than I thought it would, mostly because of the way the wires come out of the back of the frame.
I can also say I am not a fan of how the Griso bodywork comes off. I am concerned that the one piece rear section only has so many "flexes" in it before it cracks or breaks. Why not have each side come off as a separate piece, and the tail be a third piece in itself?
Hopefully I don't have to remove this panel too many times. I probably could have done this install without removing it, but I wanted to have access, as I was not sure how the wires would run.

It was good to spend time with my new bike and I am looking forward to installing a few more parts when we get a break in the cold again.

Back