• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Riding the SMM's with me and Roper Tuesday

guzzi jon

High Miler
GT Contributor
Pete and I will be hitting the SMM's tommorow on Griso's, also stopping by Todd's for a bit. If any of you retired or unemployed/underemployed want to join in, let me know. We'll be doing most of the Santa Monica's during the AM and have lunch some where. Pete's Griso is quite nice, but I will be riding it a bit so we'll see how long that lasts.... He also loaded the 1103 map from his navigator into my griso and I want to see if it helps at all.

I'd love to ride with you guys tomorrow, but i've got parts to finish. Any chance yall are going to be in the northridge area at any point so i can give mr. roper his tail tidy?

Being a furriner I haven't a clue where Northridge is but I'd love to get the Tidy as I can then get rid of the horrible rhinoceros pizzle off the back of the pink Griso! :lol:

Had my first short ride on it yesterday, it has all the classic early model problems. After Davey had done the cam recall Mike rode it for a week to makesure it wasn't going to go 'Pop' in the middle of nowhere in urine drinking country, it ran fine, (or as well as they do with the #52 map in 'em.) then the kindly washed it to get the bugs off and rode it to be loaded onto the transport to bring it to LA. Within a minute of starting it up it went on to one cylinder and sure enough it was arcing to earth on the LH plug cap :roll: . These were brand new caps too, came as part of the recall kit. No worries, bodged that up, cured, and then the dashboard goes tits! Yup! Water in the speedo sensor :laugh: . What a POS. Turned bike off, turned it on again and the dash came back. I'll pull the sensor today when I'm at Todd's hovell and seal it up with some of Jon's dialectric wonder-snot.

Anyway, I bunged the #68 map in and the engine is sweet. Now all I've got to do is wind off the spring preload a mile and stuff about with the damping and I'm set!!!! :D

Pete

Yeah, I'd like to go too & I don't go so often the place is still sorta new-ish to me. Gotta work today & replace a tire b4 I can leave the 'hood . :) Enjoy yourselves looks like you'll have some good wx - always a plus when on vacation.

Northridge is where Jon works.

If you are in the neighborhood, call me at 818.261.6067. I leave next sunday, and saturday is totally booked. Or, if you go riding some time during the week, shoot me an email or something and we'll meet up.

Cheers!

-Andrew

Any chance a pommie and a former texan, and whoever else wants to ride on Friday? I've got that day off and am about to burst with the ride-joneses.

Had a fun ride with the Austrian roper today, his 8V griso seems a bit faster than my 1100 griso, but i will soon have the PCV and autotune installed and will humiliate him and his pink griso. We rode the SMM's then stopped by Todd's for a tech session, good time listening to them boys talk about shit I dont understand.... here's a few pics of Pete's pink griso and our ride.

P6150139.jpg

P6150141.jpg

P6150142.jpg

P6150143.jpg

todd had 4 or 5 bikes parked outside, biz seems to be good

P6150146.jpg

?

P6150148.jpg

the end result, clearly, austrians cant put in a full day....

:ugeek: He's an AUSTRALIAN you Drongo!

Austrians wear leather shorts and braces and suck up to the Germans: "any citizen of Cisleithania!"

And he's NOT asleep, he's obviously hard at work developing the next version of THE MAP. Don't disturb or your bike will suffer. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :idea:

Most Australians look just like that when they are at work! :side:

austrians cant put in a full day....

Is Pete passing himself off as Austrian to save the good name of the fodderland??
Wasn't Goldmember Austrian?? :cheer:

Attachments

• goldmember.jpg
    goldmember.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 534
delburnman said:
Austrians wear leather shorts and braces and suck up to the Germans: "any citizen of Cisleithania!"

They have some of the sweetest roads in the world to ride on too :p

Back