• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Riding with the Billster

mojohand

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So, Bill Hagan came by to pick up his Norge after storing it in my Garagemahito for a week while he went off to law school. Again.

These 64 pictures tell the story:

Needless to say, I had a great time. Bill had parked his Norge at my house for a week. When he came to pick it up, I decided to ride with him for the weekend. Richmond west on 711 (Hugenot Trail), then 522 down to 13, then Genito Road west to Sailor's (Sayler's) Creek Battlefield.

From there, past hampden-Sydney onto 665 to Madisonville, then 615 to 645 to US 501 North up to Gladys, heading west again on 699 into Altavista for the night.

On Saturday, we rode the great 43 west to 24 west to 122 (kinda round Smith Moutnain Lake), stopping at the Booker T. Washington National Monument. I was able to get a new NPS Passport stamp there, too. From there we headed down to Rocky Mount for gas, picking up 640 then 602 to head through Ferrum College. Nice campus!

We turned west on 40, entering one of the best parts of theis road that extends all the way from the Blue Ridge at Woolwine to the James River near Scotland. Great sweepers & twisties. From Woolwine we went north on 8 and stopped at Tuggles Gap on the Blue Ridge.

I'd never been there, but it's a nice biker hangout. We were first the only two Guzzis there...but then another one showed up, ridden by a Detroit retiree who leves near Mabry Mill off the BRP. Rides a nice cafe'ed Moto Guzzi Aluminum. Anyway, after lunch we headed down the parkway, past the mill, past Meadows of Dan (waiving to the west for Will & his campground), and picked up 614 off the parkway.

Man, what a great road that is! Even though they've straightened some of the curves, it's still a destination road. Picking up 773 through Ararat (home of J.E.B. Stuart's birthplace...who knew?), we hit 104 into Mt.Airy, NC. After a malt (me) and a shake (Bill) at the Bluebird Diner, we parted company.

I headed northeast on 103 up to US 58. By the time I got to Martinsville, I was dog-tired. So, I got a Choice Hotel room at aQuality Inn, had a steak for dinner, and crashed.

On Sunday, I headed from Collinsville on 108 northeast through Figsboro and picked up SR 890. Another great road I'd never been on! At Penhook, though, it ended, so I wet east on 40, stopping in Gretna for gas and then breezing through another Mt. Airy.

As a fan of all things historical (and many things hysterical), I headed the Norge to Red Hill, one of Patrick Henry's homes and site of his tomb. Sadly, the nimrods don't open till 1:00 p.m. on Sundays. Weird. Anyway, I headed up to Madisonville and caught 665 east, wending eventually through the campus of Hampden-Syndey--another place I'd never driven through. Some great history on that campus.

I ate lunch in Farmville at Macado's, almost a requirement for motorcyclists. Sure enough, a couple of Harley-heads showed up too. From there 45 North to Cartersville, then east on 684/621, one of my favorite near-Richmond rides. 522 north to Goochland for a coffee at Java Jodi's, then Route 6 east to Richmond.

All in all, a great weekend.

Such a great post, I moved it to the Ride Reports section. NICE Mojo. Brings back good memories of those areas for me.

I never know where to put these things. Thanks.

What if we did away with the regional stuff? Just sayin...

Back