• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Right side Griso Pipe. Awesome!!!

aptossurfdog

Just got it firing!
Hello fellow Grisosians. I sent this email to Todd directly and he said I should post it on the Forum. Just my feedback on his pipe. Hello Todd. I bought a pipe from you quite some time ago and meant to give you some feedback. What can I say, this pipe is awesome. I'm glad I got the right side pipe. The rear wheel viewed from the left side looks like it is hanging in mid air. Everyone who hears it says it sounds like an old big block Chevy. The bike is a red '07. When I ride up to Alice's restaurant it gets a fair amount of attention and questions. Okay so how does it work? Every thing about the Griso stock engine wise is so much better. Fuel delivery is perfect. No fussing, no adjustment, no nothing.
I can take it down to 2000 rpms in 6th and wack it, no stumble, hesitation, it just pulls. In fact you could get by with just 3 gears. When hitting it hard with my buddies in the twisties it breaths much freer, I feel more comfortable in the upper rev ranges than before. On a speed run, Hiway 25 south of Hollister, the bike would hit an indicated 129 MPH. With the pipe it hit indicated 135 MPH. On deceleration you rarely hear any overrun, popping, backfire. IT's clean. Now some questions. Do you have a touring insert of some sort for the pipe. For day rides its okay with earplugs, I love the sound, I would like to do some light touring with it. Maybe string a few nights together, 300 mile days or so. I don't know if I would like the sound level for several days in a row. I do like the way cage drivers know I'm there. If you don't have a solution for this, no worries. I love this bike. Are there any other mild performance mods for the Griso? Do you have
a published dyno chart for the right side pipe? I've seen one for the left side. I'd appreciate any information you could give me. Your welcome to use my comments on your forum. Thanks, Gordon

Hey Gordon, thanks for the post here, and welcome to the Forum! Glad you like the GT-Rx R/S -- hard not to. ;)

We lucked out on fueling, as they are quite rich in the upper revs stock, and the 02-sensor handles the low-speed throttling satisfactorily... albeit a bit too lean IMO.

We now do make a "Db-Killer" insert for $50 if you're interested, contact me direct. It knocks a bit of the edge off the sound, but doesn't stifle it.

Only upcoming "performance mods" will be to modify the airbox and add a soon-to-be PC-V to tune the fueling properly.

Thanks again for the post, and hope to see you around more often.

Back