• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rotopax - two extra gallons

Ray R

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Billd said:
Lots of talk lately on extending fuel range. This is what I've done.

Your Rotopax setup is exactly what I would have done had I got the factory aluminum panniers. As it turned out, that deal didn't work out for me, so I have a Givi setup instead. I do have the two Rotopax tanks with mounts, though....in case someone is interested. They're new; never used. But I'd like to wait until I'm sure my other aux tank project is successful before selling these.

Attachments

• Stelv-Rotopax1.jpg
    Stelv-Rotopax1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 732
  • Stelv-Rotopax2.jpg
    Stelv-Rotopax2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 732
Re: Stelvio plug boot recall/ extending fuel range

Hi Ray, I am probably interested in your Rotpax, but first, are you mounts exactly as shown on Billd's setup or are there different mounts for the Stelvio bags, which I have on my bike?

Details Bill,

What mount did you use for the top box, and was there anything special about mounting it?

How did you attach the Roto Pax mounts?

Keith

Hey Keith. Bob Bernstein and I have been exchanging info on the Roto Pax's and how to mount them. I drilled the tops of the packs and mounted the Roro Pax mounting units. Pics tell it all.

The quality of the Roto Pax's is top notch. If you have any questions or suggestions drop me a note.

Attachments

• 100_0326.jpg
    100_0326.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 763
  • 100_0327.jpg
    100_0327.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 763
  • 100_0328.jpg
    100_0328.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 764
  • 100_0329.jpg
    100_0329.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 764
  • 100_0330.jpg
    100_0330.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 764

What is the size of those Roto Pacs? Hopefully about 1.5 - 2 gallons each.

I wonder if one would fit between the right hand saddle bag and the fender in a more up right position? Mounting it there would help offset the boat anchor weight of the muffler.

Thanks Bill,

Those help a lot. I saw the pad in the original photo and wondered what it was.

How about the top case? How did you mount it? What mount?
I've ordered a SW-Motech mount and plan to rig something up on the rear rack.

Keith

Keith. I sent you a PM on the top pack mount, sorry I missed that part of your question . The SW universal mount fits on the MG rear rack real easy.

Thanks for the pictures Bill. I wonder if you think they could be mounted in the front and/or rear facing portion of the Stelvio bag? Maybe it would lower some weight. I saw some fuel bottles on the Tourtech ad that had them mounted on the rear portion of the bag.

Bob I'm sure they could be and considered both of those location prior to selecting the top of the case. The reason I selected the top was if mounted on the front side of the case they would be in the way if a passenger was on board. A little bit concerned about the danger of a rear impact if mounted on the rear of the bag. With them on top they only add 20 lbs, nothing really if you consider what a passenger adds to the balance of the bike.

Billd said:
With them on top they only add 20 lbs, nothing really if you consider what a passenger adds to the balance of the bike.
Does that extra 20lbs of fuel on the cases deduct from the total capacity of the luggage system? I.e., If the bag mounts can support 35lbs total (don't know actual value off the top of my head), now you have 15lbs left for actual luggage?

There is 10 lbs of fuel on each case so if the total capacity was 35 lbs each that would reduce the luggage capacity to 25 lbs each. Don't expect this to be a problem.

Back