• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rumors of an 850 Stelvio

Mike.C

High Miler
The rumor mill has started churning out gossip that there might be an 850 Stelvio in the offing ???

Personally if done properly the concept would appeal - most notably by loosing 25% of the weight of the 1200 by a complete redesign of the frame to loose some fat. But I recon it sounds like the sort of thing that should be treated with the disdain of most internet rumors - probable BS! Evidence your honor is what convinces a jury - anybody got any?

If it like the other 850 versions like the Norge, it will weigh exactly the same as the bigger bike, but have less power and torque.

Pointless.

guzzirider wrote:
If it like the other 850 versions like the Norge, it will weigh exactly the same as the bigger bike, but have less power and torque.

Pointless.

Agreed.
The 850's are for markets where taxes are a big issue only. They won't be a kilo lighter than the 1200's (well, the 850 Griso are a kilo lighter because of the missing oil-cooler. Might be the same for the other 850's)
At some markets both models are sold side by side. But still; they are copys of the 1200's in all aspects, apart from volume.

Agreed, except for odd markets, there's no point.
Personally I.ve not had a bike of less than 1000cc for years, cant beat big cubes.
Noew the Stelvio TT was in this weeks Motorcycle news, in gold. Now that looks the dogs.

Yes I agree no point to a smaller engine model at all unless it has a huge weight save, which as we all know it will not.:blink:
As far as the TT...... well am I missing something, this is just a gold Stelvio with all the accessories and a narrow rear wheel, and nobblies, other than that what? someone tell me....however I do think the gold colour looks real nice. But lets face it how many of us really need nobblies, all we might do is a little rought dirt track, or a little grass, when arriving at the campsite etc but not much more, if I wanted to go off road proper I would get a 250 scrabbler, and not try and heave an elephant like then Stelvio around in the dirt, this is a very capable bike on the road in the twisties which is where it is most fun, so putting nobblies on would just compromise its road manners and reduce it road going fun.......Looks good but a waste of time if you ask me ! :S

Cheer Nigel

I totally agree with you Nigel. I can't see the point being made behind that TT version... A heavy bike like the Stelvio on some slippery terrain is all that's needed for you to go explore upclose the mushrroms, moss, ants and other insect that live right at our feet in those woods and prairies...
Mind you, just falling from it's side stand on grass (and soft moist soil) I managed to break my brake lever which is going to set me back a nice €80 so I don't think I'll even try doing my Stefan Everts style off raod!!!!

Are any of the current 850 offerings doing well anywhere(?)... anyone? I had only one or two Register.

All the words above ring true about weight, and as silly as it seems, Guzzi has done some wacky things of late. So, perhaps and all-new 850 8V is in the works for all we know.

As for the TT, I have to say, that if the price point falls within fair increase, there is some merit to buying the pieces already installed... HOWEVER, bet on them failing in short time, leaving warranty shortages a-plenty. :unsure:

I for one, plan on riding a lot of the desert Southwest on the Stelvio, so these wheels/tires appeal to me... all I have to do is get the wider rear wheel when I feel the need to have 180mm worth of rear tire on the road. Though I would've really liked had they developed a 180/55 on-off road tire... seems only the OEMs have that power.

It's a shame the 940 engine doesn't fit the chassis.

AFAIK Guzzi is NOT interested in anything than a 1200cc Stelvio.

I've been told (twice) the mounting points are not the same on those chassis. Are you talking of a straight swap or a modification?

Back