• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Saturday morning ride in the SMM's

guzzi jon

High Miler
GT Contributor
I'm planning on riding the various roads in the SMM's Saturday, any other of you folks riding up that way. edit, had a good ride, stopped by todds, blistered my tires, doing the same tomororrow

at neptunes
PB210034.jpg

at the rock store
PB210032.jpg

back at neptunes for lunch
PB210035.jpg

tires working well, qualifiers may not last long, but they sure stick well
grisoreartire.jpg

Good chance I'll be out there sometime during the course of the weekend, on the Norge or T3, probably Sat since I hate the RS on Sunday. So Jon, maybe you can finally give me your fix for the Norge/Griso/Breva rear brake you've been promising me since July.....although an e-mail would probably work better.....

Bob,
It took nearly two years for me to get you your tee shirt, you sure are impatient :D two simple steps and bob's your uncle, no pun intended

Sunday I have to take me "ol mum to the Airport............if you left your job we could hang out all the time. Probably couldn't afford the gas though.

bob.
there are two effective methods for reducing rear brake input, reduce leverage, or reduce fricition on the pads. on my griso, I was able to reduce the leverage at the pedal, on my breva, I took the brake pads and machined .25 radius cuts on the pads in the direction that woulds exit debris collected. softened the initial bite, and improved wet weather grip, no change in pad mileage. on the brevea/norge, modifiying the pads is easier that changing the leverage at the pedal, and works very well. I have pads and can whip you up a set for your trial in the next few weeks. It simply reduces the friction area, plus moves away water and other stuff picked up on the brakes, also eases life on the disks as it provides an exit for things yyou dont want grnding on your disks, and minimizeds localized heating

Hey Jon, sounds good, looking forward to giving it a try, though I wonder how ABS on the Norge will impact how it works out. Sure worth trying, no doubt about that. The way it is now, ABS kicks in too soon at the rear when bike is cold, as mileage goes up works a little better-but still sucks. Good thing the front brakes are so good. Still wish the CARC bikes had integrated brakes, so much better as far as I am concerned.

Bob,
I have a set of EBC's that I am getting ready to mod for my breva, if you want, I can do you a a set. I probably have an extra set, so your cost would be a straight trade for the modded ebc's Had good luck with this process over a number of bikes, plus better wet weather braking and cooler running.... It's a 3 minute swap, so we can do it anywhere
you should come by Ontic for lunch one day, we have some neat technology that lends itself to guzzidom,,,,
cheers, I will be hittin the smm's again tomorrow, cant get enough of those good roads
Jon

Jon, you sayin' just swap your modded ebc rear's for the rear pads on my bike, or ya want me to pick up or pay for a set of fresh ebc rear pad's? Not clear to me. My bike now has 20k on it, though I would be surprised if there is much wear on the rear pads-or we could check if you like....

Bob.
I have a number of sets of ebc pads, I will machine them next week and they will slip on in 3 minutes. They work better in the wet, more progressive, less suprisng and easier on the rotors... been doing this with overpowerful rear discs for years, no problems yet. I get ebc's pretty chaeap as I buy em by the 10 pack, so what you normally pay for a set will be approx what my enhanced pads cost. already have the machine program set up, so its about 30 seconds a pad, then about 30 seconds of hand dressing, so I got ~2 minutes in it plus set up...

that must be nor cal, I'm not familiar with those locations locally but that Chang Jiang is almost as good as sweet and sour pork....... least you'll be eatin chinese food. They gots panda express's overthere

Back