RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

SC-Project V7 exhaust experience?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Kyle Lamson, Nov 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kyle Lamson

Kyle Lamson Tuned and Synch'ed

anyone had any experience with the SC-Project stainless 2-1 exhaust for the V7? Looks pretty good but I'm not finding a review anywhere. The company's reputation is obviously good, just nothing on this application. Price is appealing.

sc-project.us/moto-guzzi-v7-full-system-exhaust-mg01-c37a.html

2. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Some nice 2 into1 offerings in Todd's store on this site. I'm very happy with mine.

Poppe likes this.
  3. Kyle Lamson

Definitely agree. The GT 2-1 is what I've had my eye on. The extra $400 in my pocket is hard to ignore tough. I do have the ecu flash tool from Todd.

BenRCMC likes this.
  4. drawnverybadly

drawnverybadly Just got it firing!

I have them installed on my bike and I love the way they look and sound. I especially like the way the bike looks on the "empty" righthand side. I personally keep the baffle in and it sounds nice even when riding with earplugs and a fullface.

They are much lighter than stock and along with a BMC filter and reflash from Todd the bike runs like a top.

Some nitpicks, the instructions are not written correctly where the exhaust mounts onto passenger peg hangers, I had to refer to the pics on the SC website to install correctly. My can came with a welded endcap instead of riveted as shown in the pictures, and the circlip that held my baffle in snapped when I tried to take them off on a cold morning.

Honestly with a bike like ours, it's perfectly fine to chase style over performance and if you like the looks I highly recommend it.

[​IMG]

Kyle Lamson likes this.
  5. andyb

andyb Cruisin' Guzzisti

What does the LH side of the bike look like without any pipes?
    Andy

6. Wisconsin v7 Racer

7. andyb

andyb Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thanks for the photo. That looks a lot better than I thought it would, sometimes loosing exhausts makes a bike look very bare.
    AndyB

8. drawnverybadly

9. Faisal

Faisal Tuned and Synch'ed

Your picture isn't appearing for some reason.

10. Kyle Lamson

So I went for it and was able to get going on the installation tonight. I specified 2014 V7 Racer in the order but they aren't lining up quite right. I notice in the SC-Project images they are not actually on a Racer, and are using the regular hangers. The tab on the can isn't lining up with the Racer exhaust hanger. Have to contact them tomorrow.

Do you find that the pipe coming from the right side over to the left is really close to the engine? Mine is touching a drain bolt on the side of the oil pan and right in contact with the oil pan itself.

One other ?; Did you leave the lambda sensor taps plugged or reroute them to thread into the new exhaust?

Thanks!

11. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Good thing you saved that $400 dollars. My Guzzi Tech kit fit great with awesome customer service.

GT-Rx® and Clayton Sietsema like this.
  12. drawnverybadly

Mine are installed on a 2013 stone but according to AF1 they should fit the racer models (but even they recommend buying the hangers with passenger pegs to preserve canister angle), there shouldn't be any contact with the engine or oil pan, make sure the downpipes are routed correctly with the lefthand side going underneath the righthand side and make sure everything is fitted loose until all the parts are lined up and ready for final tightening/install.

As far as the lambda sensors I originally had them rerouted so that they could reach the pipes but after i got a remap that turned off the lambda I plugged the holes and ended up tossing the sensors.

Kyle Lamson likes this.
  13. Harley Loffler

Harley Loffler Just got it firing!

Does the exhaust get in the way of the drain bolt/ rear sets at all?

BenRCMC likes this.
  14. Wisconsin v7 Racer

The Guzzitech system no.

15. drawnverybadly

Both drain bolts are clear, don't know about rearsets but I have plenty of clearance with my 1 3/8" lowered pegs so I imagine raised rearsets shouldn't be a problem.

16. Harley Loffler

Harley Loffler Just got it firing!

BenRCMC likes this.
  17. tikimatic

tikimatic Just got it firing!

Hello :)

On the SC project website that exhaust is noted only for the V7 I . I have seen it sold as compatible with the v7 II (and even the v7 III). This video show it mounted on a V7 II but the owner of the video doesn't answer :

- Does anyone have any idea if this exhaust is compatible with the v7 II (special from 2016 EU) ?

Or if there is any difference between the v7 I and II concerning any exhaust mounting points or something ? (As I see all other manufacturers exhausts are always compatible between v7 I and II I kinda suspect there is any).

- Do I need to replace the small Gasket ring between the cylinder head and the pipes ? Does anyone know if the kit comes with new ones or do I need to order them separately ?

Thank you in advance for your help :)