RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

SC-Project V7 exhaust experience?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Kyle Lamson, Nov 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kyle Lamson

Kyle Lamson Tuned and Synch'ed

anyone had any experience with the SC-Project stainless 2-1 exhaust for the V7? Looks pretty good but I'm not finding a review anywhere. The company's reputation is obviously good, just nothing on this application. Price is appealing.

sc-project.us/moto-guzzi-v7-full-system-exhaust-mg01-c37a.html

2. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Some nice 2 into1 offerings in Todd's store on this site. I'm very happy with mine.

Poppe likes this.
  3. Kyle Lamson

Definitely agree. The GT 2-1 is what I've had my eye on. The extra $400 in my pocket is hard to ignore tough. I do have the ecu flash tool from Todd.

BenRCMC likes this.
  4. drawnverybadly

drawnverybadly Just got it firing!

I have them installed on my bike and I love the way they look and sound. I especially like the way the bike looks on the "empty" righthand side. I personally keep the baffle in and it sounds nice even when riding with earplugs and a fullface.

They are much lighter than stock and along with a BMC filter and reflash from Todd the bike runs like a top.

Some nitpicks, the instructions are not written correctly where the exhaust mounts onto passenger peg hangers, I had to refer to the pics on the SC website to install correctly. My can came with a welded endcap instead of riveted as shown in the pictures, and the circlip that held my baffle in snapped when I tried to take them off on a cold morning.

Honestly with a bike like ours, it's perfectly fine to chase style over performance and if you like the looks I highly recommend it.

[​IMG]

Kyle Lamson likes this.
  5. andyb

andyb Cruisin' Guzzisti

What does the LH side of the bike look like without any pipes?
    Andy

6. Wisconsin v7 Racer

7. andyb

andyb Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thanks for the photo. That looks a lot better than I thought it would, sometimes loosing exhausts makes a bike look very bare.
    AndyB

8. drawnverybadly

9. Faisal

Faisal Tuned and Synch'ed

Your picture isn't appearing for some reason.

10. Kyle Lamson

So I went for it and was able to get going on the installation tonight. I specified 2014 V7 Racer in the order but they aren't lining up quite right. I notice in the SC-Project images they are not actually on a Racer, and are using the regular hangers. The tab on the can isn't lining up with the Racer exhaust hanger. Have to contact them tomorrow.

Do you find that the pipe coming from the right side over to the left is really close to the engine? Mine is touching a drain bolt on the side of the oil pan and right in contact with the oil pan itself.

One other ?; Did you leave the lambda sensor taps plugged or reroute them to thread into the new exhaust?

Thanks!

11. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Good thing you saved that $400 dollars. My Guzzi Tech kit fit great with awesome customer service.

GT-Rx® and Clayton Sietsema like this.
  12. drawnverybadly

Mine are installed on a 2013 stone but according to AF1 they should fit the racer models (but even they recommend buying the hangers with passenger pegs to preserve canister angle), there shouldn't be any contact with the engine or oil pan, make sure the downpipes are routed correctly with the lefthand side going underneath the righthand side and make sure everything is fitted loose until all the parts are lined up and ready for final tightening/install.

As far as the lambda sensors I originally had them rerouted so that they could reach the pipes but after i got a remap that turned off the lambda I plugged the holes and ended up tossing the sensors.

Kyle Lamson likes this.
  13. Harley Loffler

Harley Loffler Just got it firing!

Does the exhaust get in the way of the drain bolt/ rear sets at all?

BenRCMC likes this.
  14. Wisconsin v7 Racer

The Guzzitech system no.

15. drawnverybadly

Both drain bolts are clear, don't know about rearsets but I have plenty of clearance with my 1 3/8" lowered pegs so I imagine raised rearsets shouldn't be a problem.

16. Harley Loffler

Harley Loffler Just got it firing!

BenRCMC likes this.
  17. tikimatic

tikimatic Just got it firing!

Hello :)

On the SC project website that exhaust is noted only for the V7 I . I have seen it sold as compatible with the v7 II (and even the v7 III). This video show it mounted on a V7 II but the owner of the video doesn't answer :

- Does anyone have any idea if this exhaust is compatible with the v7 II (special from 2016 EU) ?

Or if there is any difference between the v7 I and II concerning any exhaust mounting points or something ? (As I see all other manufacturers exhausts are always compatible between v7 I and II I kinda suspect there is any).

- Do I need to replace the small Gasket ring between the cylinder head and the pipes ? Does anyone know if the kit comes with new ones or do I need to order them separately ?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

18. Peyton

Peyton Just got it firing!

I actually have this system installed on my 2013 V7 Stone. The overall bare look on the one side is pretty neat. Also noticed a significant increase in throttle response when paired with a higher flowing air filter. Only gripe with the exhaust is that the factory O2 sensors needed to be moved to the front headers as the bungs were both welded at the front of the headers, closer to the block. Outside of that, my exhaust has a slight rattle as though an additional baffle may have come loose. Great overall sound though.

IMG_20190523_185354.jpg 20181216_123243.jpg IMG_20190421_121720.jpg

19. drawnverybadly

I had the same rattle noise on throttle and found that the exhaust springs lost tension and were vibrating and hitting the y-connection midpipe, I replaced them with some spare Moose Racing springs I had laying around and the rattling disappeared. Over time the new springs also started making noise so I got some Akrapovich springs with the silicon shield on order.

Peyton likes this.
  20. Peyton

Peyton Just got it firing!

Sweet. I'll look into the Akrapovic springs then to replace the SC ones.