• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Service indicator Remo. Error DC Start-up Gnd

vinnychoff

Tuned and Synch'ed
I hope you can help. I had three indicators in the display. I managed to clear them although one is still there. I have cleaned the connections to the battery and put silcon grease on the terminals as a blue reaction happened.
the error codes were...

Vehicle Speed Error - ECU 56
DSB 07 Oil pressure failure
Remo. Error DC Start-up Gnd - ECU 45

i cleared them but then the Remo. Error DC Start-up Gnd - ECU 45. Do you know how or what this is. How do I fix this?
regards vinnychoff

The first two are common: Speed error you will get when the sensor gets wet; Be sure to waterproof it as seen on this Forum. Oil pressure failure is when the bike cranks but doesn't start. The ground is a new one to hear. Did you check the ground under the starter cover/mount post?

under the seat i disconnected two blocks and found a slight moisture of water in one. the weather has been very hard with lots of water.
afraid its raining now where i want to get out there and clean all the connections. i will check. thanks. re the sender. i have not read the forum about it but will try to find.
thanks for your help

The bike has a starter relay under the seat. Check the maintenance manual in the downloads section. From the error code, it sounds like a problem with this relay, or a connection to this relay,.

orange with yellow trace

I have checked the speed sensor under the wheel. Took it off and it looked ok. No water infress. Cleaned all the battery connections. Took off the starter wires and cleaned them all. Put the leads back together.
Then I found under the starter relays under the seat a orange and yellow wire disconnected. I wonder if this is my issue. I could not find it on the wirring diagram. I wonder if any one else has noticed a cut wire?
I could not see where the wire was disconnected from either. it seemed to be just loose. I would have been happy if i could see a connection that had a space for a wire to reconnect
Vinny

Attachments

• 20140201_145325.jpg
    20140201_145325.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 624
I took a look at Carl's schematic. It might go to the tip over sensor. See if it is connected or a wire to it has been cut.

Thanks John. the wirring diagram i have is very small. will try to expand to find out if this wire should be connected. plus i am going to check the speedo connectections and see if there is any voltage to this wire. plus check the speedo wires. i am hoping this is the issue.

Vinny, Carl's schematics are available in the downloads section. Easily expanded for viewing.

Thanks that is the manual that i have already. I searched on the net and found some others too.
I think the speedo sensor is causing the issues and am going to order anther one. the wire does not have any voltage on it. i also used a meter and with ohms did not get a reading so it is not connected to anything.
i think my issue is the speedo sensor at the moment so will order one and try to replace.
i checked it first taking it off the rear shaft but could not see that it is faulty. the only problem i can see is that the design of the bike and the seat allows water to easily move into the frame areas. we have had some torrential rain and driving in the rain has allowed the water to seep into the plastic connectors. i think this is the main issue.
under the side panels i can see lots of water still and it has not rained for a few hours here.

Look under wiring, not the manuals. Carl's schematics are much easier to read than the ones in the manuals.

Back