• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Sewing machine to thoroughbred

Loosy gussi

Tuned and Synch'ed
My bike just changed, When the 1400 first came out I read everything I could get my hands on & I watched all the u tube videos I could find. Every Reviewer said the exhaust sound was too quiet but I thought all bikes are like that & I could always buy a slip-on muffler. After I purchased the Cali I found exhausts to be in the $1200-1400 range, but here, I could buy the entire exhaust system, in stainless, for only a few dollars more. I know these motors are giant air pumps, but Luigi decided to make the exhaust exit the size of a large grape...the air just can't get out, then in order to really restrict things Luigi decided to make little tiny openings to the airbox. So I contacted Todd. His new stainless exhaust is a full flowing pipe that let's the air truly exit with a respectable sound that this bike deserves & Loses a lot of weight in the process. Now with this full breathing exhaust & an opened airbox we're ready to pump some air. I'm old school, so we would throw in some big jets in the carb & be good to go. These new fueling systems are amazing. Now with Todds system, at any point in the rpm range the air-fuel ratio is spot-on and the system adjust itself in real-time. ....big air & perfect air fuel mix everywhere what more could you want? Now I have a two wheel ferrari that sounds like it should be at the track not in my driveway. If you want a bike that runs great & roars when you twist it, check out these upgrades.

I forgot to say, this bike RIPS, AND A BIG THANK YOU TODD FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND HARD WORK TO MAKE THIS AN INCREDIBLE MACHINE

This bike RIPS, AND A BIG THANK YOU TODD FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND HARD WORK TO MAKE THIS AN INCREDIBLE MACHINE
Very welcome John. It's a handful of money to invest, but the result is something that is hard to put to words until you ride it back to back with a stock machine, yes? Here's a pic of John leaving with his "new" 1400:

John C14T GTWEB

All I have heard is how much these upgrades help this pig especially the low end which I currently feel I am having to slip the clutch way to much to get it going. Granted I'm sure its not all the bikes fault. This is the heaviest bike I have ever ridden and the first bike that my wife has ever ridden with me so combined this is a whole new experience that I will just have to get used to. I'm sure the upgrades are great but that's a lot of money to shell out without a dyno sheet to show about how much of a improvement it is and I say about because every bike will perform differently on a dyno by a little.

Very welcome John. It's a handful of money to invest, but the result is something that is hard to put to words until you ride it back to back with a stock machine, yes? Here's a pic of John leaving with his "new" 1400:

View attachment 8696
Yes, definitely a "New bike". the way I see it is, I put a fair amount of money into the puchase, and I would like it to be as good as it can be... to others reading this, have you any idea what my harley buddies spend for stage1, 2 , or whatever and don't come close to the 4 valve heads these bikes have stock,

If this bike could even be close to what my stock Harley runs I would spend the money immediately! But then my stock Harley is a '14 Muscle so it's always going to be apples to oranges.

All I have heard is how much these upgrades help this pig especially the low end which I currently feel I am having to slip the clutch way to much to get it going. Granted I'm sure its not all the bikes fault. This is the heaviest bike I have ever ridden and the first bike that my wife has ever ridden with me so combined this is a whole new experience that I will just have to get used to. I'm sure the upgrades are great but that's a lot of money to shell out without a dyno sheet to show about how much of a improvement it is and I say about because every bike will perform differently on a dyno by a little.
Your right everyone has to spend their money the best way they can, I think I saw a dynojet graph on here, but someone else could tell you where to find it and what the real numbers are

If this bike could even be close to what my stock Harley runs I would spend the money immediately! But then my stock Harley is a '14 Muscle so it's always going to be apples to oranges.
Take this comment with a smiley face,we're not comparing apples & oranges , but Chevy vs. Ferrari

From looking at the dyno graph a 7hp gain at 4750rpm is a very good improvement and throw in the benefit of running cooler it looks like I better start counting my pennies. And Loosy, don't get me wrong, I do love the Guzzi and don't you mean Porsche vs. Ferrari. Every Harley owner will tell you a V-rod isn't a real Harley because Porsche designed the motor.

I have had Harleys most of my life..Rode a V-Rod...well it did not impress me...Motor was nice...but if I wanted a bike similar yet better handling I would buy a Duc Diavel....That being said I love my 1400 Cali motor pre Todd and after so much better.....Ride what you enjoy..That is what counts

I agree on the Diavel, I even drooled on one last night when I dropped the wife's beemer off for its first service. I only have the V-rod to fill my straight line itch. There is a Trask turbo in it's future.

I'm not sure I want the loudness of the new exhaust system. I had a Ducati GT1000 with Termi pipes and it got annoying on long runs.

I'm sure the fueling mods would help a stock bike (especially at that 2500 rpm rough spot) or perhaps the air box and fueling and keep the stock pipes?

I've got a BMW K1600 for going fast.

I'm not sure I want the loudness of the new exhaust system. I had a Ducati GT1000 with Termi pipes and it got annoying on long runs.

I'm sure the fueling mods would help a stock bike (especially at that 2500 rpm rough spot) or perhaps the air box and fueling and keep the stock pipes?

I've got a BMW K1600 for going fast.
Hi buzglyd, I would like to cross paths with you sometime & compare notes, el cabong is not to far from you, there is always the kraken, or perhaps the hideout !!? Next week el cajon Wednesday car show will have a lot of bikes

Hi buzglyd, I would like to cross paths with you sometime & compare notes, el cabong is not to far from you, there is always the kraken, or perhaps the hideout !!? Next week el cajon Wednesday car show will have a lot of bikes

I was just at the Kraken last Sunday. The Harley guys were loving the 1400.

I'm always up for a lunch ride.

I was just at the Kraken last Sunday. The Harley guys were loving the 1400.

I'm always up for a lunch ride.

If you meet up you have to post your comments on the noise level. Let's face it. If you spend $1,500 on an exhaust your tolerance for noise level will be a bit higher than the guy who listens to it to decide if he can live with it. Since you started the Ducati was too loud you have the experience so I am interested in your opinion. I put a Hindle on a 500 Interceptor years ago and since I did a fair amount of touring on it it was a bit more than I liked but I left it on because I had bought it. At the end of a 500 mile day I wanted the stock exhaust.

If you meet up you have to post your comments on the noise level. Let's face it. If you spend $1,500 on an exhaust your tolerance for noise level will be a bit higher than the guy who listens to it to decide if he can live with it. Since you started the Ducati was too loud you have the experience so I am interested in your opinion. I put a Hindle on a 500 Interceptor years ago and since I did a fair amount of touring on it it was a bit more than I liked but I left it on because I had bought it. At the end of a 500 mile day I wanted the stock exhaust.

I've had two Ducatis. My first was an ST4 (liquid 916 motor) with Termi pipes. It wasn't too loud. Just fantastic sound and the power band was similar to the 1400. Power everywhere. The loudest thing was the dry clutch rattling away at stop lights.

My GT 1000 was the air cooled model with Termi pipes. The sound was more of a loud bark. It was fine for short rides but longer distances would get annoying.

I run Remus slip ons with db killers in on my K1600. Sounds great with them out but too much drone at highway speeds.

It's all about finding the balance. I wear ear plugs at all times when I ride.

Back