Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Shed Options

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by pokeyjoe, Oct 8, 2012.

1. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

I'm getting tired of juggling cars in the garage to make room for my bike. Now that cooler weather and rain is upon us, it will happen more and more often. Does anyone have a simple shed solution? I don't have much room in front of the garage (maybe a 5' width to the side of the drive) so I'm thinking I'll have to come up with something for the backyard. I'm not really looking forward to wheeling the bike through a gate to get to it, but, if nothing else, it will be more secure.

Ideas?

2. contractor20

contractor20 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Sell one of the cars!

3. lucky phil

lucky phil Cruisin' Guzzisti

Carport for the car then there's room for bikes in the garage.
    Ciao

4. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

Single width driveway, double width garage. No place for a carport. Thanks, though.

5. glennmorgan

glennmorgan Just got it firing!

check out tuffshed.com. Also available at some Home Depots. You can totally customize the shape and size. They come out and assemble and paint it in a day. I"ve had my bike in one for over 5 years. It's great.

6. DoubleClutch

DoubleClutch Just got it firing!

Put the bike in the living room!!

7. Holt

Holt High Miler GT Contributor

8. figaro

figaro Tuned and Synch'ed

My car gets left outside.

9. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I don't understand how you are going to fit a car in a shed, but if that is what you need to do to have more room in the garage for the bike(s)....... :D
    Personally I reckon it comes down to you and what your priorities, needs, and resources are.
    I am trying to build a new house with a 25' x 25' garage, not that any of my cars would see the inside of it other then to be worked on. Maybe the smart car could spend time inside when the weather is bad outside, but it doesn't take up much room.
    My favorite shed option around here is Amish built sheds. They come pre-assembled and are generally better built then the Home Depot options. As long as they can drive it close to where you want it. That is what my bikes currently live in, no garage yet but I am working on it.

10. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Inexpensive & temporary (about 3 years). A pole frame & plastic tarp set up. They come in a variety of sizes, are around $250.00 or under and have fitted roofs and walls so there are no exposed areas to let in water. Throw 2 or more ropes across the top and use super big tent stakes to anchor it down for wind. I made mine out of square stock bent into a shepards crook about 18" to 20" to the curve or just cut long lengths of rebar and hammer into the ground on an angle. You can throw a sheet of marine grade or pressure treat ply on the ground or I've actually framed a floor with 2x6's and cement blocks and "nailed" the pole frame to it along with the wind ropes.

If you've room make a door in each end and a ramp at each end and have a drive through.

Most city counties don't require permitting for a temp structure. I have a 20x30 commercial grade unit that does not affect taxes or permits.

Check out KingCanopy.com they used to sell to walmarts & sams club & costco.