• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Should I have buyer's remorse?

I’m new here, dealership took me and another buddy out for a short test ride…..and neither of us could justify in words what kinda bike the V100 honestly was……and that’s from both of us with 75+ years of collective, track days, off road riding, both European and domestic USA cross country trips on anything from a WR250R, R1, Africa Twin, 1200GS to a FZ-09 to a Concourse to a KTM 500 to several other bikes dating back to the late 70’s!

Now, after putting a good 100+ miles on twisty back roads, it’s an easier bike to define……its weird and different with lots of character and personality. It’s not 100% of any one thing, not a commuter, not a tourer, not a naked or a sport bike……it’s sort of all of them! In the last several days I’ve been reading what feels like almost every darn post in this section, heard the complainers, the praises, and the in betweens……and this is my 2cents which on a forum is also worthless……but I love this thing! On the flips side, I could see how someone wants it to get 55mpg, wants a better seat, wants better wind protection……wants, wants, and more wants. I could see if replacing some current bike, one of the V100 possible negative traits might be a turn off. I could see how someone coming from a Multistroodle might be apprehensive, very justified to me. However, like anything on two wheels, the journey begins by riding and owning……not from reading forums! To me, as years march towards sunset, I worry less about the complaining about bikes and go ride them and enjoy them for what they are! Like everything else, like each of us, we have good things and things we’d probably change but that’s what make us unique and why I love my V100. Cheers.

Good luck with your Mondo!
Yeah but what sort of bike is it ?

Really love this post. To be clear, I also love the V100 (when it . I think those that tinker with seats and screens and luggage etc etc also love them, to be fair. Some people just like to make bikes their own.

However the ‘just get out here and ride the damn bike’ approach, lovely as it is, only works if you can actually get out there and ride the thing. When the problems mean that the best you can do is admire it while it sits in your garage, it’s a bit frustrating, particularly for a brand new bike. But when I can ride it, I agree with you Guzzifly, it’s a damn fine bike.
I keep shaking my head at what the general public are forced to put up with in the name of engineering . Clean air etc. When you spend your hard earned money on an upgrade like a new bike, it use to be a valve check fluid change then out you go. I build/change my bikes for dependability first; self maintenance 2nd and performance is not always required. If it works, don't 'fix it' . Everything was checked and done before peak riding season. Tire pressure is a digital tire gauge in my pocket, not inside the tubeless tire. If I want to romp and stomp, check both tires first. They are the only connection between your world and the next. I finally found my real home as a die hard luddite. So I wish all of you all the best. For those that think outside the 'box ' all my bikes are unloved and or abused to the very edge of the 'parted out ' abyss . They're all 'orphans'. Heading over to "unloved bikes". Bikermedic58 @gmail.com

However the ‘just get out here and ride the damn bike’ approach, lovely as it is, only works if you can actually get out there and ride the thing. When the problems mean that the best you can do is admire it while it sits in your garage, it’s a bit frustrating, particularly for a brand new bike. But when I can ride it, I agree with you Guzzifly, it’s a damn fine bike.

I no longer (and never really did) admire broken bikes sitting in a garage...and can't abide the frustration it creates.

My first Guzzi (my 're-entry bike' @ age 47) was a new 2005 Nevada 750ie....had the instrument panel replaced, the fuel pump tubing replaced as did most people; it leaked oil from day one, front main shaft seal replaced 3 times all under warranty, then the rear main seal started to fail and contaminated the clutch, in warranty but I couldn't bear to look at the POS anymore - at 7,500 miles it was sold. I gave it time and while waiting bought a second-hand bike ('03 Honda ST1300 - the best all round bike I have ever owned) to nix the frustration. According to a business colleague and friend of mine, who lives in Lecco, Italy and knows a few of the MG management folks 'the Nevada was generally considered the worst MG of the modern era' - yes ~2005 were troubled times for MG for sure. I took a breather but loved the MG ride experience...

...and came back to the brand with a used 2015 Stelvio NTX (6 month OTR, 3,000 miles), shorted wires on the frame and a fragged clutch at 70mph (the later repaired out of warranty, filed an NTSB safety report - MG agreed to pay the repair bill fully). Left stranded many hundreds of miles from home twice. 18 months and just 2 days after the MG check was cashed, sold. There are numerous Stelvio fanboys on this site, I understand why, but my experience was not shared by many. I took a breather but loved the MG ride experience...

...and came back to the brand with the V100 and according to my Lecco buddy 'the V100 is considered the best bike from MG in the modern era'...we shall see, my experience has been positive, that experience has not been shared by everyone (unfortunately).... which is a damn shame. I'm hoping I have a good one and a keeper, not all of them would meet that standard based on what one reads.

If you love to ride and own a MG, best have a thought in mind you may need a second bike...to give the MG a little time and relieve the stress along the way. But if the problems mount and confidence is lost in the MG sitting in the garage then sell it.....but the love may never leave.

T2

(p.s. my wife hates me for it ....and yes, I still have another ride next to the V100).

I no longer (and never really did) admire broken bikes sitting in a garage...and can't abide the frustration it creates.

My first Guzzi (my 're-entry bike' @ age 47) was a new 2005 Nevada 750ie....had the instrument panel replaced, the fuel pump tubing replaced as did most people; it leaked oil from day one, front main shaft seal replaced 3 times all under warranty, then the rear main seal started to fail and contaminated the clutch, in warranty but I couldn't bear to look at the POS anymore - at 7,500 miles it was sold. I gave it time and while waiting bought a second-hand bike ('03 Honda ST1300 - the best all round bike I have ever owned) to nix the frustration. According to a business colleague and friend of mine, who lives in Lecco, Italy and knows a few of the MG management folks 'the Nevada was generally considered the worst MG of the modern era' - yes ~2005 were troubled times for MG for sure. I took a breather but loved the MG ride experience...

...and came back to the brand with a used 2015 Stelvio NTX (6 month OTR, 3,000 miles), shorted wires on the frame and a fragged clutch at 70mph (the later repaired out of warranty, filed an NTSB safety report - MG agreed to pay the repair bill fully). Left stranded many hundreds of miles from home twice. 18 months and just 2 days after the MG check was cashed, sold. There are numerous Stelvio fanboys on this site, I understand why, but my experience was not shared by many. I took a breather but loved the MG ride experience...

...and came back to the brand with the V100 and according to my Lecco buddy 'the V100 is considered the best bike from MG in the modern era'...we shall see, my experience has been positive, that experience has not been shared by everyone (unfortunately).... which is a damn shame. I'm hoping I have a good one and a keeper, not all of them would meet that standard based on what one reads.

If you love to ride and own a MG, best have a thought in mind you may need a second bike...to give the MG a little time and relieve the stress along the way. But if the problems mount and confidence is lost in the MG sitting in the garage then sell it.....but the love may never leave.

T2

(p.s. my wife hates me for it ....and yes, I still have another ride next to the V100).
Excellent! My 'stand-by ' bikes have been a 73 Eldorado and a 77 R75/7. This Era were the results of refining what worked and correcting what didn't. With the Tonti (the next step for Moto Guzzi) was to improve handling in every way . Read about the development of the Tonti as Leoni Tonti was the lead engineer of that transformation. Broke his leg testing his new frame and used it to sit on in riding position while the doc put that leg in plaster to heal. He had no intention of not finishing that frame that still bears his name. It wasn't blueprints and deadlines supervised by board members and accountants. It was all on Leoni's shoulders. It was love and passion that kept that factory of about seventy dedicated employees whose dedication to every nut and bolt put the food on the tables and their love of Familia Moto Guzzi kept it one of the few hand built bikes to this day. Knowing the sweat and angst of that single factory as the great wave from Japan was about to crest and change everything like no one could ever imagine would fold weaker souls. But this was passion and this is love. Like the HD T-Shirt used to say. If you have to ask Why? You wouldn't understand. My bikes are all orphans. My heart is to get them back on the road where they belong. Maybe they will get restored by some who feel as I do. That first ride is going to get a piece of their heart just like it did mine. Ride on my friends.

As the OP for this I can say with certainty that I do NOT have buyer's remorse at all. I love this bike and I'm really looking forward to it's service on Friday which will hopefully see it unleashed.
My only gripe is I cannot get the MUI to talk to my phone. Not that bothered as I've got my satnav wired in and don't need to talk to anyone when riding. Also my heated kit plug socket is connected. Very glad of it as we are having a bit of a cold snap.

Back