• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Skidmarx Hugger available in USA?

Corn Oil Kid

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I think this product would be great for my Breva, but I can't find any place in US that carries them, am I out of luck?

I have just taken mine off, rubbed on the tyre and no amount of adjusting would stop it form doing so - the design needs a bit of tweaking, and the fiberglass was cracked around the lower mount.

I have a skidmarx hugger on my 05 B11, and it makes absolutely no difference to the amount of crud thrown up over the rear shock or swing arm, especially in the rain.
Looks nice, but thats about all...

I had one put on at my last service. It looks nice and does keep the crap from the shock. Yes, in rain the water sploshes of the underside of the wheel arch but the shock seems to stay dry. It is far too close to the tyre though but I've had no rubbing yet. I may look to make some different brakets to allow a bit more space.

GrahamNZ's rubber flap is a much better solution to keeping the crap from the shock.

Yep, got to agree with that.
I stuck a piece of truck inner tube to the bottom of the battery box and it works just fine!

Just had one shipped to my door. Got it in fiberglass, would have liked carbon fiber, but I figured there is better use of a $100 perium, at least for me. Will put in on in the next couple weeks with pics to follow

Lucky me and family are going to Mexico for spring break in a few days, and that will slow my Guzzi isoome down a bit!:laugh:

My Skidmarx Griso hugger arrived today too.

As noted by others the mounts are ugly. I decided to spray them before mounting since I have some PJ1 paint in the garage. I primed them tonight, tomorrow night I'll black them, Friday night mount the hugger and them I am good to go...

Ed in NJ

I put on the Hugger, and as some have noted the mounting left a bit to be desired. The sub fender sat only an 1/8 of an inch from the tire on one side. I then drilled a new mounting hole to get it closer to 1/4.

This is how it looks. Seems to work well, and thus the bike is now much faster!!!

give it a couple of months and listen for the "clang clang clang" after the swingarm bracket breaks, as well as going fast you will stop fast too! :laugh:
hopefully mine was a one off, but keep an eye on those brackets for cracks.

Back