• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Slip on cans

Bobcat

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey all,

I am trying to gather information on slip on cans. I foud a set by Fast by Ferracci for my 2008 Nevada. Their web site claims that they are manufactured to the exact specs of the stock headers for easy mounting. I just want to free up the bike a bit and make it sound better. They didn't give any specs as far as decibles but do claim an increase in horse power and throttle response but don't say how much to expect.

Has anyone else used this brand? Are they good quality? I looked for some reviews on line but couldn't find any. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Bobcat

I have them on a Breva. Bought them in 2005 after I had the bike for a year. I posted the dnyo PDF on the earlier post for the PwrCmdr for the Nevada. The baseline was done with these slip-ons. I do not have a dyno of the stock. The slip-ons felt like they helped a little bit but not a heck of lot. In 2005 there was no other choice available in the US. Staintune had not made any thing yet and I don't believe Mistrals were available either. I think any slip-on for this bike will have the same effect on HP(very little0. I would have prefered something in chrome or stainless. Went with carbon fiber because did not like the look of the aluminum.It is definitely louder than stock it sounds similar to other posts have been put up on the Mistrals on the V7C, a deep, bass rumble. I have 12,000 miles on them now with no complaints.

The FBF sound like the Mistrals at idle but maybe louder at the higher RPMs. As far as HP goes I think they will all net about the same, you need a PwrCmdr to push more fuel in to get an real noticable improvement in HP. I like the looks of the Staintunes just wish they were available back in 2005.

I really like the look of the staintunes also but man they are expensive! 1100 bucks for a set while the FBF still sets me back 700 I feel I can justify that with my Hub ;) The mistrals are nice too but also more expensive than the FBF. Do you feel it makes your bike too loud? I don't want to anger my neighbors early in the morning when I head off to work. I plan on getting a power commander next.

Bobcat wrote:
I really like the look of the staintunes also but man they are expensive! 1100 bucks for a set while the FBF still sets me back 700 I feel I can justify that with my Hub ;) The mistrals are nice too but also more expensive than the FBF. Do you feel it makes your bike too loud? I don't want to anger my neighbors early in the morning when I head off to work. I plan on getting a power commander next.

Not So !

http://www.mgcycle.com/advanced_search_ ... E&x=28&y=8

Some people may consider them "too loud". I live in a dense suburban area (lots 50ft wide by 125 ft deep)and it does tend to "rattle" the windows. It is a very deep tone not obnoxious. I prefer to be on the louder side as I like to be seen & heard. If your concerned about annoying neighbors then I would avoid them. I live (literally) around the corner from FBF so I was able hear them before buying.

I've got a set of aluminum Mistral's on my '07 Breva 750. With the DB killer inserted in the end, they produce a nice but muted sound. Plenty quiet enough for the neighbors. Throttle response is much improved.

With the DB Killer out, they are simply loud. Enough to make the vintage Ducati guys snap their heads around (in a good way I guess).

Down side is that any popping/backfire/detonation issues you may have could become a lot more noticible. A battle I'm still fighting.

Flay wrote:
Down side is that any popping/backfire/detonation issues you may have could become a lot more noticible. A battle I'm still fighting.
Do you have a PCIIIusb yet? Link to info HERE.
These will solve 90% of your ride-ability issues. A little more fuel consumption in trade for a smoother, more responsive, cooler running happier motor. Contact me direct if you have any questions; Todd at GuzziTech.com or PM me here.

Todds right about the PC111. I installed it on my 750 and it made run better everywhere, cold, thru the gears, and I only lost about 5-7 miles to the gallon.
I don't know if you live in California but don't get rid of your old pipes. Cities are really coming down hard on loud bikes. Where I live the city with the help of the highway patrol wrote 110 tickets in one weekend. Not only do you have to pay the $700 fine but you must reinstall the stock pipes and have it inspected. Plus theres talk about smoring bikes 2000 and newer so you must have a cat.
If your worried about power go with the PC111 first it takes less time to install and will save you the cost of the over priced pipes.

nutman

GT-Rx wrote:
Do you have a PCIIIusb yet? Link to info HERE.
These will solve 90% of your ride-ability issues. A little more fuel consumption in trade for a smoother, more responsive, cooler running happier motor. Contact me direct if you have any questions; Todd at GuzziTech.com or PM me here.

Hi Todd. Yep. PCIII USB with O2 Sensor loaded with Mistral Map. Had to remove it last weekend.

Bear with me folks, I desperately need some advice on how to proceed.

-Got Breva 750. Popping from day 1. Got worse over time. First service did not cure.
-Got Mistrals. Popping louder and then worse and worse over next 3000k.
-Got PCIII. Better everything. Except for the constant popping. People always asking whether there's something wrong with my bike. That bad. Not just on throttle release either but when running steady lower RPM's.
-Changed PCIII Maps. No difference (except the stock map kept stalling me out at intersections!).
-Got it into new mechanic who went over engine and exhaust. Popping mostly gone!
-500 Km later it's back to being as bad as ever.
-Got Permatex Copper and sealed exhaust leaks. No effect. Pop, Bang, Splutter...
-Removed PCIII. Popping almost totally gone. Two rides now.

But from the above you'll glean that with the Mistrals and PCIII it was fine for a bit. Which leads me to believe it's something iffy with the engine that re-connecting the O2 sensor allowed the ECU to compensate for?

I plan to get the bike on a dyno, but don't really want to go there until I can sus out what's causing all this in the first place. An engine that goes out of tune really, really quickly? Grrr, I have no clue.

Any help appreciated!

Two things, First I'd go with the Mistrals if I had to do over again, prefer the look of chrome and think it will hold up better than carbon fiber in the long run.I have not had any popping since I changed the crossover. I wonder if that the big hollow can is the issue?

Well, whatever it is, reconnecting the O2 sensor seems to allow the ECU to compensate for it. I've been advised to check the intake manifold and exhaust headers too. Perhaps changing your crossover allowed you to seal up the junctions? Mine had huge air leaks.

Bike is on it's way back to stock. I'll get it all sorted THEN start adding the farkles one by one.

ps. The Aluminum (cheap) Mistals don't look out of place on the black/silver Brevas. But of course, more chrome is always the better choice :).

I agree adding parts such as slip-ons or a PwrCmdr won't fix an underlying issue. Mine would only occasionally backfire mostly when backing of the throttle. Wasn't so bad with the stock exhaust but adding slip-ons did not make it worse just louder. I still had a small leak at the crossover but it has since sealed itself. I use to get a little water out of the exhaust when it was first started. Good luck it getting it sorted out.
The mistrals for the Nevada appear to either stainless or chromed, which makes more sense for a cruiser style than carbon fiber.

Back