• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

So Long

cyclobutch

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Well, at the second time of listing on ebay I’ve been able to off load my Gll. The end, finally, of a broken dream. When I first saw this bike in yellow it was quite clearly the best looking production bike for me. And made by Guzzi, seuremly win win? I spent six months tracking one down in this colour, surely the only shade worth having (seemingly not given the lack of activity I’ve endured whilst trying to sell). Never mind the horse power drop I’d be accepting in stepping on to this model – from a Speed Triple.

So ultimately I’ve spent four years of ownership; accepting that I lost most of the first summer waiting for CARC recall work to be conducted, trying to appreciate the finer points. Idiosyncratic clocks, with a propensity to steam up at any opportunity. Abrupt fuelling and an even worse drive line. Speedo sensors that you have to attend to with bathroom sealant. Occasional blown fuses and that lack of confidence that anything will stir when you hit the go button. And dodgy fuel lines of course. Pete may well suggest that these are all acceptable vagaries of a low volume manufacturer but I disagree. I have other hobby bikes, this one had a job to do. For me, the V50 (which I still have from new) was a much more swept up model when it was released than the Griso was.

The replacement is large and green and has four cylinders. Despite being on an ’07 plate it has carburettors and proper gauges with rolling numbered drums that tell me how far I’ve been. When I switch it on it just works, just as I know it will. Damn this lack of character. And in my unskilled hands it handles just as well and goes faster. I’ve only previously had one large Jap four, but it felt like coming home the moment I threw a leg over it.

I’ve owned and ridden some awful machines, but this has been the most disappointing by a country mile. I shall continue with my V50 and look for another ‘Big Twin’ in a year or two – but it will have round barrels. I think I’m done with new Guzzis.

Sorry, limp wristed I must be. Good luck.

This is sad - I have been getting a positive vibe from reading your posts.
I think the "returned at home" line tells it all - this may be you after all.
But if you still have the V-twin itch then maybe you can combine it all with some Honda VFR or so in the future! :D
May you have a crapload of happy roller miles!
Greetings from the other side of the pond!

A man can so much and then it's time to take the hints and move on. After all, this is a hobby for most of us, unlike the old days where the bike was the only transportation and a practical choice too, today it's pretty much optional. So there is no need to put up with crap.

Luckily for me, the 2012 Griso has been pretty much niggle free. Idle is where it should be (I fully expect to be digging into this again though), gets flats as fast as my other Guzzi. :angry: But handles far better than anything else I've had, especially on packed gravel and dirt roads. Weird.

The first few weeks it had me thinking I bought the wrong bike but as I get to know her we are coming to terms and I'm appreciating her for what she can do. Might even make her a touring machine. Gawd!

But I finally pulled the trigger on a 1973 CB350F, the little four cylinder, and she is a hoot. Just got her running, need to do some fine tuning before she gets on the street (beyond the little test rides). Something about the sound and fury of an inline four or six at rpm's that is pretty cool.

Enjoy your new ride. You deserve it.

My Griso left home last week as well. It was going to be replaced with a 1200 Sport Corsa until i happened upon a BMW dealer who had a 2010 K1300S with 7000klm on the clock, and with about 4 grands worth of extras. It was the same price as the stock std Corsa (without any extras) so i jumped at it.

My Griso has always been well behaved and i never had any of the problems that i read about here. My only gripe was the throttle snatch, even after trying all the remedies it never went away. By comparison i can idle around a car park at 10kph on the Big K without a hint of snatch.

I do feel as though i have cheated on Guzzi, but at this stage i am not missing the Griso.

I still have the LeMans 1000 so i won't be to far away ;)

scottmastrocinque said:
Having owned many BMW motorcycles, as well as having sold them for 5 years, all I can say is good luck with that K1300S. They are FAR from perfect...but I truly wish you the best of luck!

http://www.google.com/search?q=k130....,cf.osb&fp=3d441546fefb9edd&biw=1024&bih=644

Thanks, i had read through those forums before i purchased. Mine has that ( i call it very minor) vibe on deceleration :whistle: , but hey, i've been riding Guzzi's for 25 years so a few vibes and rattles aren't going to phase me ;) and there is a well documented fix for it so i'm good to go.

Back