• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Speedo not working

Johnny Trash

Just got it firing!
Hi folks, on a recent trip on my '19 V85tt the ABS light came on with the warning triangle, also a red alarm with MGCT disabled came up. The Strada symbol was flashing and a few miles from home the Speedo reading totally failed.
I'm thinking the front speed is faulty.
Any help appreciated 👍

Hi folks, on a recent trip on my '19 V85tt the ABS light came on with the warning triangle, also a red alarm with MGCT disabled came up. The Strada symbol was flashing and a few miles from home the Speedo reading totally failed.
I'm thinking the front speed is faulty.
Any help appreciated 👍
Good possibility you are correct. Are there any error codes?

I've got no idea how to do that!👍
Sorry, I'm accustomed to older bikes where you can get them. For your bike you need a diagnostic tool. You may have to take it to your dealer to diagnose. Owners and Maintenance manuals are available in the Downloads once you upgrade your account. See;

Last edited:
Was here a result to this?
got same, and booked at dealers tomorrow to read error codes.
hoping it’s just the wheel sensor, not something more serious

No, result
No result, I contacted Carmo Electronics to get the instrument gage checked, they said to check for 12 volts going from ignition switch to instrument gage, if present they could run a diagnostic. I had 12v, I haven't sent gage to them as the cost for me wasn't worth if they could fix it or not. I'm currently running an aftermarket GPS speedo/odo for my needs. I will be purchasing the GT ECU flash tool to read codes and remap for exhaust upgrade. I replaced both wheel sensors with Zero result. I hope they can find something for you. It's sad Moto Guzzi has these issues with V7/V9 models as there seams to be a trend. Let me know if you have good luck.

Took the bike into the shop today. They state it is the front speed sensor, and have ordered one for me. It will be fitted Friday, so hopefully that will be it sorted. (Fingers crossed!)

Keep me posted. I hope it solves your issue. I bought a used front wheel sensor off Ebay from Italy and a used rear sensor from a salvage yard with zero results. Maybe in my case I need to buy NEW. A bad Wheel Sensor makes the most sense for Speedo/Odometer issues.

Back