Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

User Account Upgrade - Donations

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 4, 2014.

Tags:
  1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

For full site access, including Ask the wrench, Downloads and Classifieds, a donation to the site via "Account Upgrades" can be made by clicking on your profile name at the upper right when signed in, and you'll see the window pop up as seen below. This will get you full access to the site and special Seasonal discounts to our online Store.

GT-AcctUp.jpg

Thanks in advance for all donations... we’re almost always in the red, so every $ helps. If those are too much for you, click the Donate tab above and send any amount, just be patient on the Username upgrade as it has to be done manually. The above method will be immediate.

2. ZClark73

ZClark73 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

*BUMP*

Alright y'all. I'm not a huge poster here or even a huge lurker, but this site has always been a help when I've needed it to. This site is an invaluable resource to all motorcyclists, but especially us Guzzi lovers. I implore all of you: if you haven't already given to support the site, please consider it. I just upgraded my account on the principle that good things like this need to be supported, especially if we want them to stick around. The fact that Todd is in the red for providing this service is a damned shame; I think we all can spare $5 to support someone who is not only providing a fantastic forum board resource for us all, but is also designing and providing TOP notch products and support (I have sought his help on many things and have bought many of his services and they are all far above what is expected in this industry).

So, please, pull out your cards, and sign up. Use this as a justification to give up one Starbucks a month and you'll even walk away with a net profit.

Rock on and Ride Hard.

~Zack

GT-Rx® likes this.
  3. decotriumph

decotriumph Tuned and Synch'ed

I have found this site to be very helpful and the members here seem to be willing to assist other Guzzi riders with a minimum of BS. If you find the site useful, as I do, how about ponying up a donation? For what it costs to get a couple cups of coffee at Starbucks, you can help Todd keep this forum going. Thanks!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  4. GT-Rx®

Thanks Alan, much appreciated.

decotriumph likes this.
  5. B.Avant

B.Avant Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

there's 3 different account upgrades $25,$50 per year and $100 other than price of donation is there different access? whats the difference?

6. GT-Rx®

No difference in access. Donate however much you feel you value the info and use of the site.

7. krnthingy

krnthingy Just got it firing!

New user here. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to be eligible to post my guzzi for sale?

8. GT-Rx®

Welcome to the GT Forum. The Classifieds are a service we are thrilled to provide, however this private website costs are significant, and the honor system didn't work, so we request a small donation for it and full access to the site. I've merged it to this thread (see above). You can also make a donation using the Donate tab above, but this is a manual upgrade for me to do in the system, so it's not instant.

9. KonaDoc

KonaDoc Just got it firing!

This "donation" thing caught me out totally unawares. I had no idea I needed to make a donation to view certain forums. And it wasn't just classifieds and downloads, I was blocked from "Ask The Wrench". (There may be others as well.)

I'm holding out judgement for now, but this came to me as a bit of a rude surprise.

I understand that this website has a full contingent of loyal followers and who knows, I may become one myself. And I also understand that websites don't just fund themselves. But as a new Guzzi owner, I was kinda bummed and will need to give this some thought.

doc

10. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

just consider the $25 bucks a magazine subscription that actually has some value. the day you need help you will be glad you did.
    As for me I think I know it all so I figure it's just 2 jumbo margaritas with dinner.

Mayakovski and john zibell like this.
  11. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Normally if things are free they are not worth having and I’m sure there is a lot more experience and knowledge here, than at your local stealership. Also, I’m sure the dealer/stealer would charge far more than $25 for their “consultation”.

12. FrankZ

FrankZ Tuned and Synch'ed GT di Razza Pura

I hate to be critical of this website, as I have gotten some very good information from it. Knowing that my contribution from last year had expired, I logged in this morning to donate for another year. Just so you know, I am a self-described cheapskate. Not so much that I'll end up as a subject on reality TV, but I try to be rather frugal with my spending.

I see that in order to do a one time contribution to this site, the only option available to me comes in at $100. To do my usual $25 deal, or $50 for that matter, I now have to subscribe, allowing automatic yearly charges to my payment account. I really hate to allow automatic charges to any of my accounts, and avoid them as much as possible, unless I am given considerable savings. Another thing I factor into my decision is the ease of cutting off an automatic payment, should I decide to do so. I am not seeing a link on this website to simply click to unsubscribe. Am I missing it?

Again, I do value the information on this site. I am also not very likely to purchase much from Todd's store, mainly due to my being very satisfied with the bike as designed. With this in mind, not to mention the current worldwide crisis, I am going with the $100 option, with the hopes that we'll be able to use this resource long into the future. I would really like to see that Unsubscribe button next year, when it's time to renew.

13. GT-Rx®

I don't have control over everything all of the time. The $100 is set to be a one shot deal (see below). I do *NOT* have the recurring box checked. I suspect it may be something on the side of PP. You should be able to easily cancel it via them, not me or the site here. Much appreciate the donation! Site costs here are through the roof because of the size of the site and bandwidth usage. All donations go to support the site, not me personally.

GTdRP.jpg

14. FrankZ

It could be my lack of technical experience when dealing with the online world causing me to not easily see an unsubscribe option. Like you said, it may be something I would have to do through PayPal. I've never done a subscription deal through them, therefore I've never had to look for a way to unsubscribe. As I said in my previous post, I avoid those recurring subscriptions as much as possible, too easy to forget about them, don't like surprise bills popping up in my accounts.

Thanks, Todd.
    Frank

15. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

I'm just as computer unsavvy as you but when I did my donation in Jan. there was a one time choice or monthly or annual hidden on it.

16. FrankZ

Last year, I don't recall seeing anything about a subscription for the lower priced options. It seems to be the way a lot of organizations are going these days. I guess it gives them a bit more financial security knowing that they have automatically repeated donations. Just against my nature, though.

17. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Hello,

I have been a subscriber in the past and believe I still am. But, I have not found a way to tell when my current period started or ends. I want to stay current and pay my subscription when needed as this forum has value to me and is well worth the fee.

So, how do I find out when my re-subscription will be due and will I get a reminder when it is close?

Thanks!

18. GT-Rx®

Well thanks back to you. Payment is handled via PayPal, so hopefully those who have done this have a PP account. Subscriptions live in your PayPal account under the 'Pay & Get Paid' drop down menu then > Subscriptions. You can see renewal dates there, cancel, etc.
    To those wondering, I cannot cancel them, only you can via the PP portal.
    Really appreciate the small amount of donations we get here, as the monthly fees are incredibly high.

john zibell likes this.
  19. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Thanks. I checked back through my PayPal records and I do "owe" for my contribution for 2020, so I will get it sent through right away.

GT-Rx® likes this.