• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Bags

He todd,
Hello thanks for the Ercole pictures, i would take some of ours Ercoles and will send it to you latter
Baggs for Stelvio are now available in CA, ok, and your Stelvio, is it arrive or is it always a dream ?
For our Morocco trip it would be at the March begining for 12 days and we are always looking for a passenger......
You want more details ?

My pleasure on the Ercole link/pics here on the Vintage section. I will post your photos there when you send them to see. Good.

I have not yet taken delivery of a Stelvio, as the TT photos is the one I want. We shall see what comes of it here very soon.

I will write you for details about Morroco. I think I will want to do it.

Bags are indeed available in the States. Got mine on last night.

Really, really wide, but since lane splitting isn't legal anywhere around here, I guess I can live with that. Other than the wide mounts, these bags are the bomb. Everything I was looking for.

beak012.jpg

beak013.jpg

It was a little chilly today riding at lunch:

brrrrr.jpg

Apprently if the temperature gets down to 34deg F, you get a little snowflake symbol. I sure wouldn't have otherwise realized it was cold :lol:

Yes at 0>1 degree's you get a pretty snowflake. Seems pretty accurate and is a reminder for black ice.
More to the point what's that side stand ? Guzzi or home made ? The UK spec bikes have a crap side stand, or at least mine does. (No one else seems to be worried about it).
The bike is at a stupid lean angle on the stand , and almost impossible to lift up to vertical with luggage loaded.
I've increased the length of mine by 50mm

Gary wrote:
More to the point what's that side stand ? Guzzi or home made ?

Factory side stand, at least here in the US. Works just fine, though it is a tad enormous.

Now that I look at some of the older factory pictures, my stand does look longer. I don't have any complaints with it. Seems secure enough.

Hey Gary, I agree with you about the side stand it is not great, and I noticed bigtex side stand, I thought it must be aftermarket or home grown.

Hey bigtech I notice you are getting a bit high mileage, :laugh: you are spending to much time modding in your garage.
Only joking... the bikes looking good !

Cheers Nige

pbears wrote:
Hi Bigtex
Also noticed you have non UK standard front fender and leg protectors - is that US spec or your own accessories?
Cheers
Martin

Yes, that is my bit of fun. My feeling is that the Stelvio styling just cries out for a high-beak, so I have been playing around with some supermotard options.

NJC wrote:
Hey bigtech I notice you are getting a bit high mileage, :laugh: you are spending to much time modding in your garage.
Only joking... the bikes looking good !

Cheers Nige

Ah, abuse, abuse. Guilty as charged, but do remember we didn't get Stelvios in the US until the very end of September and snow is falling off and on here in the Rocky Mountains.

:laugh:
Ha Ha sorry Bigtex, did not mean any offence, I did not realise you had only just got the Stelvio I just presumed you must have got it the same time we did over the pond. Its going to snow over here this weekend in some parts, and it is blooody cold so I might just fiddle in the garage. Still I quite like your beak as you put it, I also have the ally panniers they are great, I tested them the other weekend in some horrendous rain for about 300 miles and only a little water got into the base, probably through the rivots, but nothing to worry about.
:huh:
What are you going to mod next ? I am thinking this weekend of designing up a better rear rack as I do not think I want to use a top box.

Cheers Nige

Nice job starting off with all these modifications!!!! By the way what are those additional lights you got there? Model, price, special mounting parts? They're mounted right on the crash bars, right?

Wonder B wrote:
Nice job starting off with all these modifications!!!! By the way what are those additional lights you got there? Model, price, special mounting parts? They're mounted right on the crash bars, right?

Those are PIAA 510 fog lights with the spiffy Ion multi-color lenses. As fog lights they are nothing massive but seem to be effective enough. As additional lights to increase visibility to dozing drivers, I like them a lot.

The mounts I guess you would call custom (or, more appropriately, garage-engineered). I found some simple generic light/highway peg clamps at the local Harley dealer. To those I added an "L" bracket cut out of 2" angle aluminum from the local hardware store. The combination allows for a level-enough platform for the stock light stem. It took some fiddling to get them levelish and placed evenly, but the end result is quite sturdy. My only final regret is that the light housings do stick out just a bit beyond the crash bars and would likely be sacrificed in a fall. I guess if that happens I'll replace them with something smaller in diameter, but for now I am happy.

I can snap some closeups if anyone is interested.

I actually snagged them this summer back when my Stelvio was still in Luigi's hands back in Mandello. I found them on closeout at Sierra Trading for a lovely $113 US. They are essentially something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/PIAA-5161-Crystal-Yellow-Beam/dp/B0002Z9QQ2

piaa_510_series_ion_crystal_fog.jpg

NJC wrote:
What are you going to mod next ? I am thinking this weekend of designing up a better rear rack as I do not think I want to use a top box.

Cheers Nige

Looks like I am done with the luggage mods. I kept the big Givi topcase from my Gran Canyon and made up a mount using the standard Monokey base plate, so I have massive luggage capacity.

I guess now I just need to go somewhere :p

Gary wrote:
Hi Bigtex,
Can you measure the stand from hinge bolt to the end. Inches or centimeters are fine.

Hey Gary,

Looks like 14" measured in a straight line from the pivot bolt to the outer tip.

ebay043.jpg

Thanks for that Bigtex.
The original is 12" and I have extended mine by 2". Looks better in one piece
rather than mine with an add on.
See wht the dealer say's, lol.

I extended mine because it was at a tremendous lean angle. May be yopurs is longer Loftyjohn, would you check sometime. With the luggage on it was almost impossible to lift straight. I started by carrying an inch thick piece of wood on a string to put under the stand. My dealers demo bike is the same. He was thinking they were bending, but I think maybe Guzzi just got them wrong.................Unusual that !
I've just come back from Bristol, 400 mile roung trip and the cams seem to be behaving. Going in tomoz to have the gaps checked by the dealer, his choice. Bit like the 600 mile service I suppose.
Good news day again for my ST1100. Got it back today and seems to chasrge ok now. Briefly, i had the alteranator reconned as it was £850 for a new Honda one. So after £650 for the recon one with 3 lots of swing arm removal to get it out, I was a bit miffed to find it stopped charging after only 60 miles. Back to the dealer and he found the prob pretty quickas we new the alt was ok and still putting out 14.5v. The Police do look after their bikes with immpecible service records, brake pads and tyres changed regularily, mines had 12 sets of tyres since March 03 and 28,000 miles, ( that's where all my taxes go !). Anyway when they decommission the bikes all police spec equip is removed. There is a 50 amp fuse fitted by them with a 6 mm/sq cable running to the tail piece. They cut it under the seat but forgot to dissconnect it. The fuse is in line between alternator and battery. QED
So as usual .........................police are still out to get ya lads.

Back