• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Bags

Gary wrote:
By the way the pic is the Marina just South of Malmo, Sweden. The Bridge in the background is about 17k and goes to Denmark.

What were you doing in my backyard?

BTW, do notice the 2 snowflakes just behind Gary's bike. It's a hard time here, right now. B)

Hi Holt,
I work in Sweden 3 times next year, February, June and October. If the weather is looking good I travel on my bike. I work at Frontwell in Arlov, just North of Malmo. I also have a customer in Eslov. I service corrugated paper making machines.
I have been riding around Skane since 2003 on various bikes.
Dont see many Swedish bikes between September and May, lol.
I ride the UK 363 days a year but we only get down to -5c max and have 2cm of snow for 4 hours if we're lucky.......the kids would love more.

Can someone give the measurement of the outside total width of the Stelvio aluminum bags as mounted on the bike ???? Nobody seems to have given this important spec.

Elvisto, are you sure about that ???? 41 inches ?? If thats true, thats way wide, in my opinion. My Jesse bags on a 1200GS carry 40 percent more cargo and they measure 34 inches outside to outside.

Maybe your conversion to inch was a mistake ?? 2.54 cm = 1 inch

Can you or someone re-check this ??

I haven't seen anyone else with these so I figured a picture was in order. SW-Motech makes the aluminum bags and I found that they also make handles for them.

2 minute install and no holes means no water leaks. I'll have to see if they flop around much. Definitely nice being able to unlock and one-hand lift to remove the bags.

givi.jpg

bigtex wrote:
I haven't seen anyone else with these so I figured a picture was in order. SW-Motech makes the aluminum bags and I found that they also make handles for them.

2 minute install and no holes means no water leaks. I'll have to see if they flop around much. Definitely nice being able to unlock and one-hand lift to remove the bags.

givi.jpg

Bigtex, any opinion on how those bags work with a passenger? I would hate to find they don't work.

Hey Thomas Haefer in Texas! Where did you get the rear bag (box) for your Stelvio? Thanks.

Bigtex, any opinion on how those bags work with a passenger? I would hate to find they don't work.

Hi Wayne,

I have the same set up and they seem to work fine with my passenger with a small gap between her calfs and the end of the box and no issues with foot positioning though getting on she does have to swing her leg a bit!

Does anyone know a UK or Europe dealer that does the handles for the aluminium panniers as from the US cost of pannier handles is $20, cost of shipping $36!?

Does anyone know if their planning on making an aluminium top box to go with these panniers?

If I may borrow this photo.....

pbears wrote:

Somewhere, I have no idea where as I can't find it now, I saw a photo where someone had placed a simple piece of drain pipe with a cap on it behind the right hand bag. Might as well make use of that wasted space. :)

Any ideas on how to attach it? Every idea I come up with looks like the plastic may fail with time.

Wayne, Al Jones from Fayetteville, NC - pic below... looks like perhaps a hose clamp or equal. I can put you in touch with him if you'd like, that is as soon as you send me your Registry info/pics. ;)

AJones-Stelvio3.jpg

The Aus forum on ADVrider have just done a group buy of these bits of gear - got together over 180 ADVriders, now the problem is getting them here!!!!!!

LINK HERE

Back