• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio hand guards and idiot Oz dealers

Alfromoz

Just got it firing!
They wonder why we shop online overseas.
I ordered hand guards set for my new MotoGuzzi, three months to arrive, two rights instead of a right and left. Checked in the UK for stock, yep half the price incl freight, and can dispatch today.
I'll be taking them back and cancelling the order.
Pickup your game Oz dealers. :x

So, two rights do make a wrong then :whistle:

I can see how that would happen but it is a silly basic mistake, 3 months to arrive though, in this day and age, is just bad... :(

hope you get sorted...

windy

Not just a Oz problem. I had it happen to me in the US.

After waiting a month finally got the hand guard 'kit'. Guess what... two left hand guards. Going to call the dealer when they open Tuesday.

I think this is a Moto Guzzi issue, not a dealer caused problem. The 'kit' containing all the parts was sealed into a plastic bag with official Moto Guzzi packing tape.

I Can vouch for you on OZ dealers and bloody dist. Stelvio been off the road now for over a month waiting for warranty authority from Sydney to replace an alternator!!!!!!Markin refarkable,, that's after 3months off the road tryin to sort shite front suspension,,,has to be out of align fork clamps as the legs work great out of the bike but fit them and the only compliance is when the brake is applied and dealer wont agree, cost me around $900.00 for 3 trips to suspension experts!!!! Forks have been Perth to Melbourne twice and to expert in Perth who agree theres nothing wrong with the forks!

1200stelvioaussie said:
I Can vouch for you on OZ dealers and bloody dist. Stelvio been off the road now for over a month waiting for warranty authority from Sydney to replace an alternator!!!!!!Markin refarkable,, that's after 3months off the road tryin to sort shite front suspension,,,has to be out of align fork clamps as the legs work great out of the bike but fit them and the only compliance is when the brake is applied and dealer wont agree, cost me around $900.00 for 3 trips to suspension experts!!!! Forks have been Perth to Melbourne twice and to expert in Perth who agree theres nothing wrong with the forks!

It's probably not this but worth mentioning.

My brother had a problem with his forks, when I had a look at them while half way across France I sussed that someone had done the pinch bolts up before the axle nut, so when the axle nut was done up it pulled the fork leg bottom with it, pulling it out of line. It was so bad the calliper and been catching the spindles. Steve said he had felt a little vibration through the bars when braking but thought it was the discs, maybe a little warped... :S

He's a chef... :lol: not a mechanic and not very mechanically sympathetic when riding either... fecking hooligan more like... :unsure:

windy

Standard procedure for KTM forks is something like;
Only tighten the top triple clamp pinch bolts.
Hold brake and pump forks vigoriously, then tighten bottom triple clamp bolts followed by axle, and finally the pinch bolts on bottom of fork.

Call your KTM dealer for exact procedure.

Other than that I would say you are either missing an axle spacer, have then on the wrong side or the wrong way around, or possibly the wrong spacers from a different model Guzzi.

If your triple clamps themselves are bent or twisted, you won't get the forks in very easily.

Thanks mate, I felt there shud be a spacer there, there isn't one on mine, theres a gap that wud suit a spacer! tried to fit one but the brakes wud bind. I have studied the w/shop manual and there doesn't appear to be a spacer, but when it,s all assembled but not tightened up the l/hand fork wants to be about 3-4 mm away from the hub. I,m confused!! the dealer just wants my cash and doesn't appear to worry their product is crap along with the service standard.

1200stelvioaussie said:
Thanks mate, I felt there shud be a spacer there, there isn't one on mine, theres a gap that wud suit a spacer! tried to fit one but the brakes wud bind. I have studied the w/shop manual and there doesn't appear to be a spacer, but when it,s all assembled but not tightened up the l/hand fork wants to be about 3-4 mm away from the hub. I,m confused!! the dealer just wants my cash and doesn't appear to worry their product is crap along with the service standard.

There's no spacer on the left (sat on bike) the axle doubles as a spacer as per the aprilia, it's the same set up on my stelvio as my aprilis had.

Make sure you nip the main axle nut up before you nip up the pinch bolts or you'll end up pulling the left fork leg out of line.

windy

Yeah, Thanks Windy, I do that, pinchbolts last, but its driving me away from Guzzi. Just really a shame as the bike has lots o things I like but crap service etc!

RonStelvio said:
Not just a Oz problem. I had it happen to me in the US.

After waiting a month finally got the hand guard 'kit'. Guess what... two left hand guards. Going to call the dealer when they open Tuesday.

I think this is a Moto Guzzi issue, not a dealer caused problem. The 'kit' containing all the parts was sealed into a plastic bag with official Moto Guzzi packing tape.

Not sure how to multi quote to include the OP so will just reply to this one. Sounds like you and the OP need to just mail half your kit to each other to solve the problem.

LOL... Good Idea... I've contacted the dealer and they've ordered a right hand-guard. I don't know if they'll request the extra one returned.

Back