• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Heated Grips

pkubitz wrote:
One or the other. I still don't have any instructions to tell me what they are. They are some kind of bar ends. I'll let you know as soon as I install them. Here is the other pic I tried to load the other day. A better view of the weights.
IMG_0852.JPG

Maybe this is stuff you already know, if not:

Those go into the end of the bar and the bar end weight screws into those.
Note in the photo on the left hand grip. In the plastic, just about the wire, there is a notch. There is another on the opposite side. Just under the rubber there, is where a screw goes to lock that grip to the bar. (you should have gotten two small screws and may need to drill the handlebar). The right side is obvious, you just need four hands to do it. :)

After about 70,000 miles, the wire on my EV throttle cracked near where it exits the grip. I THOUGHT the wire had a nice loop in it to allow it to flex, but apperantly not. So keep that in mind and put a nice sized loop into it.

Thanks a lot, Wayne. I did not know that. And now I need to tell the dealer that I did not get the two small screws. I guess this will all make sense when I start installing the grips. I appreciate all the help.

I still don't have any written assembly instructions but I've started looking at it. I removed the left grip. It was snug. I wedged a long skinny screw driver under it and twisted while pulling to get it off. No damage done. The new left grip looks pretty easy to install. It slides on the handlebar and the wires will go through existing rubber tie-wraps. I still need to find the connector to plug it in. There are two set screws on the new left grip. I will have to drill and tap holes into the handebar and secure the new grip with the two set screws. The right grip should slide off once I disconnect the two cable ends from it. I'll have to slide the new grip on, connect the cable ends, screw the housing together, and route the new wiring harness. Once again, I'll have to find the electrical connector to plug into. (I don't know where it is for either grip). The two new aluminum peices that the bar ends (weights) screw into are different than the existing ones on my bike. Those will go on, the bar ends (weights) will go on, and hopefully bob's your father's brother. I guess I should disconnect the battery first. Then I'll have to reset all the guage settings?!? I should have heated grips before the summer!

Hate to be a pest but if you could scan those instructions soon, I'd appreciate it. The guzzi shop in SF is useless. They tell me no paperwork comes with the grips and aren't willing to contact the US guzzi reps. Thanks.

I just completed the installation of Guzzi heated grips on my Stelvio.

What are the new bits for the ends of the bars for? Are they longer or larger in diameter then the stock ones?

the bar end weights screw into them. I did not measure them but I think they are a little shorter than the originals. the main difference is that they have a non-threaded portion whereas the original ones do not.

Back