• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio NTX 2011 vs 2012

Luma46

Cruisin' Guzzisti
This is getting crazy - it looks like there are no 2012 Stelvios available for distribution anywhere in North America, unless they are already sitting in the dealerships. The dealer here in Alberta that promised me the 2012 Stelvio NTX by the end of May at latest, sent me an email today explaining that there will be no 2012 in May and as a matter of fact he has no clue when.
At the same time he is telling me that there are some 2011 models available for delivery from States, but I am not sure if he doesn't have it all confused. Are the 2011 NTX identical to 2012, because if they were I would certainly go for it.

Luma46 said:
This is getting crazy - it looks like there are no 2012 Stelvios available for distribution anywhere in North America, unless they are already sitting in the dealerships. The dealer here in Alberta that promised me the 2012 Stelvio NTX by the end of May at latest, sent me an email today explaining that there will be no 2012 in May and as a matter of fact he has no clue when.
At the same time he is telling me that there are some 2011 models available for delivery from States, but I am not sure if he doesn't have it all confused. Are the 2011 NTX identical to 2012, because if they were I would certainly go for it.

in Europe YES, in USA and Canada NO.

US model 2011 = EU model 2010
US model 2012 = EU model 2011/2012

so, NTX US model 2012 has the 32 l fuel tank, beside other changes - NTX US model 2011 has the 18 l fuel tank and is like model 2009/2010

Luma46 said:
This is getting crazy - it looks like there are no 2012 Stelvios available for distribution anywhere in North America, unless they are already sitting in the dealerships.

It's not crazy, it's just when they arrive - and they don't hit the U.S. dealerships until the 2nd week of May.
And that isn't carved in granite.
No idea about Canada, but I'd think it would be very similar timeline.

Don't worry though...it will be worth the wait.

Definitian of insanity;

Purchase an Italian motorcycle sight unseen, of indeterminate delivery, on a vague promise of delivery

BTW - I'm insane :laugh:

boxermoose said:
Definitian of insanity;

Purchase an Italian motorcycle sight unseen, of indeterminate delivery, on a vague promise of delivery

BTW - I'm insane :laugh:

Exactly, this is what happens here in Alberta and I suspect at other dealerships in Canada as well. Luckily there are forums like the GuzziTech where you can ask questions and make some sensible decisions then.
BTW, it turned out that the 2011 Stelvio models available are the Stelvio ABS and not the NTX. So I'll keep waiting and the nearest stated delivery for now is July.

Ordered mine in February from an Alberta dealer. Still anticipate a May delivery. Piaggio did say May . Last I checked this was still April. Ordered my Norge in 07 it was then an April delivery and it showed up in April. I am pretty confident they will show up in May. Issue is if you did not oder one early on, some people will be disappointed. Sound like vey tight supply.

Well, my saga goes on... I go on business every third week to Vancouver so I thought, why not give a call the dealership down in Richmond. It turned out, I hit a jackpot. They have four Stelvio NTX coming, two in May and two in June and only one was pre-sold. So I put down deposit for the May delivery and even saved $350 on out of the door price compared to Alberta quotes. Hope there won't be more surprises...

Luma46 said:
Well, my saga goes on... I go on business every third week to Vancouver so I thought, why not give a call the dealership down in Richmond. It turned out, I hit a jackpot. They have four Stelvio NTX coming, two in May and two in June and only one was pre-sold. So I put down deposit for the May delivery and even saved $350 on out of the door price compared to Alberta quotes. Hope there won't be more surprises...
Well that is good news, and for those looking. Lots of excitement around the NSX arriving on this side and as well how the bike has matured. Should make for an exciting spring.

michaudr said:
Ordered mine in February from an Alberta dealer. Still anticipate a May delivery. Piaggio did say May . Last I checked this was still April. Ordered my Norge in 07 it was then an April delivery and it showed up in April. I am pretty confident they will show up in May. Issue is if you did not oder one early on, some people will be disappointed. Sound like vey tight supply.

Why is there a tight supply? Seems its artificial.

afulldeck said:
michaudr said:

Why is there a tight supply? Seems its artificial.

My guess is that Piaggio has been taking care of the European market first, then sending what they can, when they can, to North America.

Bruce

Luma46 said:

The dealer there tells me I talked to him with all the same questions only an hour after you. :lol: I have two problems here. One, the nonrefundable deposit. As I have never even sat on one I really do need a test drive. And, two, depositing on the "June" models means it may or may not show in June. Went thru this in 08 with my F8 which showed up three months after the quoted time. I really want to be one the road on an extended tour by June so I am really iffy. It looks like there are a couple of 2011 models around so what, besides all the bags and farkles and tank size, is the difference? I read about the recall on some electrical. Anything else I should know about? I see I could save quite a few bucks picking up one of these.

Toadride said:
Luma46 said:

The dealer there tells me I talked to him with all the same questions only an hour after you. :lol: I have two problems here. One, the nonrefundable deposit. As I have never even sat on one I really do need a test drive. And, two, depositing on the "June" models means it may or may not show in June. Went thru this in 08 with my F8 which showed up three months after the quoted time. I really want to be one the road on an extended tour by June so I am really iffy. It looks like there are a couple of 2011 models around so what, besides all the bags and farkles and tank size, is the difference? I read about the recall on some electrical. Anything else I should know about? I see I could save quite a few bucks picking up one of these.

I have a 2009 Stelvio, purchased off the showroom floor in November '09. There was a cam problem with Stelvios of that time, but the corrective work had been done on mine before I took delivery. I don't think this would be of any concern to you in buying a 2011 model. Other than the occasional speedometer failure due to water intrusion, my Stelvio has been a joy to own and ride. I have added most of the stuff you will find on the NTX, as well as a Stucchi Luigi supplemental fuel tank, so my range is now pretty close to what you would get with the NTX. I don't have anti-lock brakes, and I am not sure if the '11s came with them, if that is important to you. The final decision will of course be yours, but if I were in your shoes, I would be concerned about the uncertain delivery time lines, and being a somewhat *frugal* individual, I am always happy to save a few bucks, so if I had the chance to grab up a new 2011, I would be tempted to do so, rather than wait for a 2012 that might or might not arrive in time to ride for the summer season.

Bruce

Patience is a virtue. All good things come to those who wait.

Attachments

• 2012-MotoGuzzi-Stelvio1200NTXc.jpg
    2012-MotoGuzzi-Stelvio1200NTXc.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 440
Toadride said:
Luma46 said:

Yeah, they dealer emailed me later and told me that I beat somebody by one hour on that May delivery. I had the same hard decisions to make, not so much a deposit but the fact that I never rode Stelvio and sat only on a 2010 model. I have done however an extensive web research, read through few forums ( especially this one) and contacted few owners and feel fairly confident about the bike I am getting. I think that the 2012 NTX is a great value, same equipped 1200GSA would be at least $8500 CND more. The 2011 Stelvio might be same great bike, but if you wanted it outfitted the same as NTX, you will spend another $3k. If you think that 1200GS/GSA are problem free, go read the Adventure Rider forum.

I am in Perth Australia, walked in, paid, two days later road out on the bike.
It is worth the wait....

Back