• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio or Stelvio NTX?

Farway

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi.
I just joined the forum as I'm taking ownership of my first Guzzi on Saturday week however I have bought a 2011 Stelvio. On the insurance quotes and so-on, it comes up as a Stelvio NTX?? I have the spoke wheels but no panniers, no sat nav, don't know about the additional computer gadgets and no hand hand-guards, crash-bars or riding lingths....Any ino possibly?

Thanks
Farway,

Attachments

• 2 (1).jpg
    2 (1).jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 661
Pretty bike. You'll love it.
Is this a new bike? As far as I know the NTX is marked that way on the side cover. The NTX has crash bars, luggage, sump guard, spoke wheels, hand guards.

If the side covers say STELVIO NTX the vin might also list it as such? I believe this bike to be a standard Stelvio.

Vivo

vivo said:
Pretty bike. You'll love it.
Is this a new bike? As far as I know the NTX is marked that way on the side cover. The NTX has crash bars, luggage, sump guard, spoke wheels, hand guards.

If the side covers say STELVIO NTX the vin might also list it as such? I believe this bike to be a standard Stelvio.

Vivo

That is not an NTX. Has smaller tank and grilled cover over the starter. The NTX started with the 2012's in NA and 2011 in Europe. Double check with your insurance. When I went to insure my 2012 NTX they asked me if it was a Stevlio, a Stelvio ABS or a Stelvio NTX.

At least in Canada, believe it or not, the NTX was cheaper in insurance, go figure. None the less, as soon as they run the VIN it should come up as to what it is. If it still comes up as an NTX see if the Stelvio insurance is cheaper, then argue it (or don't argue it)which ever way is cheaper. Also when they ask the CC's, give them the true number not 1200. Believe it is something like 1140 or so. Just look it up and you will find it.

Either way you will love the bike. Enjoy.

Thanks for that.
I was a little thrown by the wire wheels and all the insurance companies stating it as a Stelvio NTX where as I am convinced it isn't. .....
The bike is 2011 model with 6000 miles on. I currently ride a 1998 K1200RS (bmw) and it is very torque'y for what it is....sounds crap however!! Im 6'4 and was looking for something that will accommodate a tall person better than the KRS and came across the stelvio. The dealer had 2 x 1200gs's standing next to the Stelvio but was nearly 35% more expensive for the same thing.... :woohoo:

The more I have started reading up about the stelvio combined with the rumble of a v-twin, the more I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

Congrats, welcome to the Famiglia and Forum.

What's the number before the M in the VIN?

The '10 came in only as an ABS NTX with all the accessories, only in silver. If the picture is your bike, it is not an NTX, but I'm not sure how that matters outside of cheaper insurance(?). Does it have ABS? What's the rear rim/tire size?

The displacement is 1151cc.

Thank you very much.
I only take delivery 19/20 April so will get back to you but do agree, it will likely be the base model Stelvio.
aaaaa......5 sleeps to go...

Hi

The picture you show is not a 2011 model Stelvio by my reckoning! (for the UK market)

I think its a 2010 or earlier model in UK which had the wire wheels as it has the smaller tank evidenced by the storage flap on the top side of the tank.
The 2011 model year had bigger fuel tank (no tank storage) re-mapped ECU and ally mag wheel plus a few other improvements that I cant remember as I write.

hope this helps.
cheers
Mark

From the other side;- note after market non-standard silencer and optional Guzzi hand guards ! You can see that the 2011 model says 8V on the air scoop just fore of the pot. There is lots of info on here about all the year models and whatever you get enjoy as you most certainly will!

Attachments

• IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 371
There were two versions introduced to the UK in 2011.The one as shown by Mark (UKstridey) and the NTX model that I got in October 2011, it has the wire wheels (tubeless), panniers, ABS, engine bars and lights, as well as the 32litre fuel tank that Marks bike has.
The photo is my black 2011 bike, and my mates silver 2010 registered NTX with the smaller fuel tank that has a small storage compartmenton the right, ABS, engine bars and lights as standard. I don't have a good close up of the silver bike, but this second shot shows the difference between my bike and Marks.
I apologise for the poor quality photos, David Bailey I am Not! :lol:

Attachments

• toms open dayscicily scotland 074.JPG
    toms open dayscicily scotland 074.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 369
  • toms open dayscicily scotland 092.JPG
    toms open dayscicily scotland 092.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 369
Needing to sound like a teenager, OMG, the second last post had me seriously worried there however, online vehicle check states following:

Make
MOTO GUZZI
Model
STELVIO 1200 ABS
Colour
WHITE
Year of Manufacture
Fuel type
Petrol
Date of first registration in the UK
10/08/2011

When we say smaller tank???? how small??

I apologise for the poor quality photos, David Bailey I am Not! :lol:[/quote]

What do we need to do to get David Bailey (or at least his photos) on this forum?

Farway said:
Needing to sound like a teenager, OMG, the second last post had me seriously worried there however, online vehicle check states following:

Make
MOTO GUZZI
Model
STELVIO 1200 ABS
Colour
WHITE
Year of Manufacture
Fuel type
Petrol
Date of first registration in the UK
10/08/2011

When we say smaller tank???? how small??

Well, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but whether that is a 2010 or 2011 Euro, doesn't matter because that definitely has only an 18L tank. It is stickered with a 4V. The newer models 2012 North America and 2011 Europe are stickered 8V. If the picture at the beginning of the thread is the bike, it definitely has a smaller tank. It does not have a 32L tank.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong (for Farway's sake) but looks just like my buddies 09. Small tank, grilled covers on the starter, shinny exhaust and stamped 4V. The fairing (if you can call it that) looks nothing like my 2012.

Did they tell you it was the newer model????

Yep, it is definitely the 18 ltr. model.....the dealer hasn't said anything, just ignorance on my side I suppose?? I rode a old zzr1100 for a few months with a similar size tank and if was terribly annoying. I presume I can expect around 130 mile range??

Farway said:
Yep, it is definitely the 18 ltr. model.....the dealer hasn't said anything, just ignorance on my side I suppose?? I rode a old zzr1100 for a few months with a similar size tank and if was terribly annoying. I presume I can expect around 130 mile range??

Hi Farway

I guess if you don't want the 18 ltr fuel tank version you could pull out of the deal if the dealer said it was a 2011 model when as far as we can make out its a 2010 year (in UK)? Trade descriptions and all that? Its your choice. There are plenty of used ones around as I am sure you have seen like on eBay as most of the Guzzi dealers trade on there? I know of a BRAND NEW unregistered 2012 standard model (same as 2011 I think) is for sale in black (best colour!)at about £8600.00 at Fowlers of Bristol! That's a hell of a reduction on new list! I paid £8500 for mine with 500 miles on the clock as it was an ex-demonstrator so this new one at £8600 is a bargain as its never seen the road and is a later build!

Let us know what you do and sorry you are having a bit of heartache after such elation? :|

Well, every review I've read has pointed to it being 2011 therefore bigger tank, but it's my fault, hence asking the question here and receiving the info I need , but lets not dwell on the past....I had experienced similar disappointment realizing Pamy Anderson's boobies were fake, but got over it.... instead I married someone with 36DD's that ARE real.....!! :lol: On a serious note, It would be silly of me to only ignore a honoust (I hope..) bike 2011 with 6k on the clock cause the tank is crap... I believe there is enough use full info out there to resolve the problem. Thanks for you suggestion with regard the pre reg. 2012. I had a look last knight but could not seem to find it.... possibly a goodthing, fate?? I've got a very good deal with this bike. with my 1998 K1200RS as trade, I'm getting the Stelvio for 5k.... a LOT of bike for a very small amount plus I'll will be riding the arse out of it and will be worth nothing in a year or so.

Thans for the help, gotta go and clean bm and get to dealers by 10am to pick up new bike....Will report back with either a big smile or more tears.

Farway said:
Well, every review I've read has pointed to it being 2011 therefore bigger tank, but it's my fault, hence asking the question here and receiving the info I need , but lets not dwell on the past....I had experienced similar disappointment realizing Pamy Anderson's boobies were fake, but got over it.... instead I married someone with 36DD's that ARE real.....!! :lol: On a serious note, It would be silly of me to only ignore a honoust (I hope..) bike 2011 with 6k on the clock cause the tank is crap... I believe there is enough use full info out there to resolve the problem. Thanks for you suggestion with regard the pre reg. 2012. I had a look last knight but could not seem to find it.... possibly a goodthing, fate?? I've got a very good deal with this bike. with my 1998 K1200RS as trade, I'm getting the Stelvio for 5k.... a LOT of bike for a very small amount plus I'll will be riding the arse out of it and will be worth nothing in a year or so.

Thans for the help, gotta go and clean bm and get to dealers by 10am to pick up new bike....Will report back with either a big smile or more tears.

Any news then?

Back