• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio or Stelvio NTX?

Took delivery of my stelvio today. In short, what a weird thing to ride.... I have never owned a twin of any sorts and this is just a character on it's own. I need to get the screen sorted. The wind buffeting is similar to what can only be described as having a vibrator strapped to your helmet. Over 70 I get double vision it's that bad. I have had Bigkev offer to sell me a tall screen which I will review tomorrow to see how/if it does the trick, or I'll cut 6" off the original one and make it smaller. The sound it makes, I LOVE IT, especially bliping the throttle when gearing down. Reminds me of the sound the old Honda XL500R's used to make. The torque is something to behold, low down and strong. Had the missus on the back after collecting the bike and second or third gear acceleration saw the front wheel lift a good 2 foot straight off the throttle... saying that, with just myself on it is very happy to get onto the back wheel in thee first 3 gears. Great fun all round....how have I managed to turn into a bike hooligan in under three hours again??

Bad side, had the bike home 2 hours, oil started dripping from around cylinder head area. Back to dealer, turns out crush washer for oil rad banjo went under the tank and peeeeed oil out. Two hours later, problem fixed, back on the road, just gotta get screen issue resolved!! ;)

The Givi screen works wonders. When I have that screen on for long trips, I can ride with my helmet shield open and just get a nice light breeze on the face. I don't know how tall you are, but I'm 5'10" and that shield works great for me.

Congrats on the Stelvio. You're gonna love it.

Doug

We told you would love it!

Most people on hear love their Stelvio's too! Me for one have never owned a bike before that gets better each time you ride it and puts a big grin on your face! Mine just turned over 9000 miles last night and I honestly believe its getting better with every mile. Yesterday I got it into 1st gear without the annoying crunch that has been reported on other threads. It just slipped in after a decent few miles!

Farway said:
Took delivery of my stelvio today. In short, what a weird thing to ride.... I have never owned a twin of any sorts and this is just a character on it's own. I need to get the screen sorted. The wind buffeting is similar to what can only be described as having a vibrator strapped to your helmet. Over 70 I get double vision it's that bad. I have had Bigkev offer to sell me a tall screen which I will review tomorrow to see how/if it does the trick, or I'll cut 6" off the original one and make it smaller. The sound it makes, I LOVE IT, especially bliping the throttle when gearing down. Reminds me of the sound the old Honda XL500R's used to make. The torque is something to behold, low down and strong. Had the missus on the back after collecting the bike and second or third gear acceleration saw the front wheel lift a good 2 foot straight off the throttle... saying that, with just myself on it is very happy to get onto the back wheel in thee first 3 gears. Great fun all round....how have I managed to turn into a bike hooligan in under three hours again??

Bad side, had the bike home 2 hours, oil started dripping from around cylinder head area. Back to dealer, turns out crush washer for oil rad banjo went under the tank and peeeeed oil out. Two hours later, problem fixed, back on the road, just gotta get screen issue resolved!! ;)

Pleased you're enjoying the bike. I know what you mean about the wheelies, two up at the weekend and had the same thing happen... I know it's not big and not clever but it's fecking fun on the rear wheel.. :lol:

Are you near ferryhill? there's a few of us, about 10, but not guzzi owners, having a ride out 21/22/23 June. There will be two Stelvios, me and my brother steve. Paul, the organiser lives in ferryhill, he's booked us a cottage for the weekend and we'll be out and about Saturday, if you fancy joining us I'll keep you in the loop, times, places etc.

windy

UKstridey said:

Most people on hear love their Stelvio's too! Me for one have never owned a bike before that gets better each time you ride it and puts a big grin on your face! Mine just turned over 9000 miles last night and I honestly believe its getting better with every mile. Yesterday I got it into 1st gear without the annoying crunch that has been reported on other threads. It just slipped in after a decent few miles!

Interestingly, I adjusted the valves last weekend and finally got around to removing the charcoal canister and I think my 09 Stelvio is running better and stronger than it ever has and I'm approaching 40k miles.

Now that the bike is out of warranty I switched the trans and rear drive to Redline Heavy Shockproof and I think it shifts better than it ever did.

WitchCityBallabio said:
UKstridey said:

Interestingly, I adjusted the valves last weekend and finally got around to removing the charcoal canister and I think my 09 Stelvio is running better and stronger than it ever has and I'm approaching 40k miles.

Now that the bike is out of warranty I switched the trans and rear drive to Redline Heavy Shockproof and I think it shifts better than it ever did.

Whats Redline Heavy Shock Proof? Not heard of this over the pond. thanks.

. Paul, the organiser lives in ferryhill, he's booked us a cottage for the weekend and we'll be out and about Saturday, if you fancy joining us I'll keep you in the loop, times, places etc.

windy[/quote]

Please, keep us in the loop, :D

Back