• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Panniers need help with mounting

DucDucGoose

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey guys, I did a search and saw a gentleman with SW Motech 40L Trax black aluminum panniers mounted to a Stelvio. I have a 2009 Stelvio and a pair of 40 L aluminum Trax panniers but I'm having trouble finding some racks. Seems as though MG sells the bags and racks as a set. Has any one adapted Hepco Becker racks or Givi racks to these bags? Does Givi even sell racks that mount to the Stelvio? Anyone have info or pictures on how to get those Trax bags on my bike? Anyone want to sell racks for a Stelvio? I have one of Todds pipes mounted, so lots of room on the left side:( Pictures?, help? also I still have some Stelvio take offs left. As well as a few Griso parts Thanks ~T~

Mohawk, Thanks, I assume you also have Givi bags mounted to the Givi racks? Can you post a picture of what the rack, with the rack mounts visable so I can see what I get with those rasks? ~T~

Looks like they make an adapter plate for the Givi racks shown below that bolts onto the Givi PL708 bag mounts. Thread reference HERE. If you have a good welder, you can probably fit the adapter plates to the bike. The stock Trax mounts are just an arm to the peg bracket and a couple small standoffs. I considered offering mounts before, but instead I just modified them to move inward with my GT-Rx pipe on my Stelvio. ;)

phptkmvJu.jpg

Todd that may be the ticket, where can I get that adapter? from Givi? Is there an adapter number? Also do you have a pic of your set up? Did you use this adapter when you moved your bags in closer to stay tight with your pipe, or you modified a MG rack? ~T~

Twisted Throttle, link HERE.

I just modified the OEM carriers, but the perimeter looks like the adapter, and it just has a few arms and tabs welded on. I can snap a picture if you want, but they're not mounted at the moment.

I do not recall where I saw this, (perhaps SW Motech, the maker of the Traxx bags), but I have seen adapters to go from their mounts to any make of bag and from any make of bracket to their bags. What you are looking for IS out there. Maybe google SW Motech or Traxx.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Back