• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Panniers?

bomaizey

Just got it firing!
I'm looking for some panniers for my 2009 Stelivio. I would like to get the style that uses the mounts that are already on the bike, I believe these are the molded plastic type but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I have found the aluminum box type, but those use a different mounting system.

Any experience with either type, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I originally had a 2009 Stelvio and fitted it with the aluminium 'TRAX' panniers. They are a bit on the wide side, you have to be extra careful filtering through lines of traffic, but they do look good on the bike, are sturdy and waterproof. They were very easy to fit, although somewhat expensive, they also have some very neat well made inner bags as well.

Like fatal, I have the Trax panniers. My 2009 Stelvio came from the dealer already fitted with them. I really like them, although I have experienced some water intrusion. I am planning to purchase the waterproof liners fatal referred to. I also have a Givi 46 L. top box which has proven invaluable.
Cheers,
Bruce

I have a 2012 Stelvio with the panniers off the Norge which are a straight fit using the standard plastic mount points.They are a matching colour,black,but I am not sure of other colours,though I know the Norge also comes in white.Hope this helps.

I have the factory ones that fit into the slots on the frame/back of seat, the one on the exhaust side has scoped out section to accomodate the exhaust.

I don't use them now as I've rationalised with my Givi boixes on my Honda by fitting the Givi frame to the Stelvio.

So they are available but I'm in the UK and you're in the US, plus the lock barrels would need changing (but I may be able to do something here as I have some spare keys being cut, they are black and have a few scuffs on them from the previous owners.

If you're interested then we can look into things and I can send some more photos/look at shipping.

I've seen some on Ebay every now and then

Attachments

• moto_guzzi_stelvio_006.jpg
    moto_guzzi_stelvio_006.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,130
Here's some pics of the panniers...........I think the previous owner must have owned a small garage given the scratches, that said they may polish out a bit.......but I don't use them....got my Givi's

Attachments

• IMG_5608.JPG
    IMG_5608.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 1,103
  • IMG_5607.JPG
    IMG_5607.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 1,104
  • IMG_5606.JPG
    IMG_5606.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 1,105
  • IMG_5605.JPG
    IMG_5605.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_5604.JPG
    IMG_5604.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 1,105
  • IMG_5603.JPG
    IMG_5603.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_5602.JPG
    IMG_5602.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 1,100
Thanks for all of the great feedback! I am currently using a 46L top box which is great for commuting / splitting lanes in LA. The looks of the aluminum boxes is starting to grow on me, does anyone have a photo of what the bracket looks like with the box removed from the bike?

Thanks!

Here you go...

bomaizey said:
Thanks for all of the great feedback! I am currently using a 46L top box which is great for commuting / splitting lanes in LA. The looks of the aluminum boxes is starting to grow on me, does anyone have a photo of what the bracket looks like with the box removed from the bike?

Thanks!

2011-10-15_15-46-41_399.jpg

2011-10-15_15-46-15_891.jpg

2011-10-15_15-45-16_547.jpg

2011-10-15_15-44-41_181.jpg

They are quite wide though, wider than the bars by 3" (76mm) I have sold my panniers and rack, I will use back box, famsa tank bag and rear seat to allow for some extreme filtering (lane splitting) :woohoo:

Guzzipics003.jpg

:( All my photos have been cut short :eek:

I'll try again but if it doesn't work pm me an email address and I'll send them direct to you.

Cheers

windy

af1-windy..what's 'extreme filtering'? is it some sort of wild sport yet to hit our TV screens?.. :D

fatal said:
af1-windy..what's 'extreme filtering'? is it some sort of wild sport yet to hit our TV screens?.. :D

I'm pretty sure we have been caught on camera at some point so we could be coming to a tv near you very soon..

I was introduced to extreme filtering by a couple of lads that ride in london on a daily basis, they even showed the locals how it is done in Geneva a couple of years back, scary but fun...

Timothy, known to some as HarryH is a top extreme filterer.. B)

windy

Campagman said:
I have the factory ones that fit into the slots on the frame/back of seat, the one on the exhaust side has scoped out section to accomodate the exhaust.

I don't use them now as I've rationalised with my Givi boixes on my Honda by fitting the Givi frame to the Stelvio.

So they are available but I'm in the UK and you're in the US, plus the lock barrels would need changing (but I may be able to do something here as I have some spare keys being cut, they are black and have a few scuffs on them from the previous owners.

If you're interested then we can look into things and I can send some more photos/look at shipping.

I've seen some on Ebay every now and then

PM sent
thanks.

Hey there bomaizey! I also commute in LA traffic on my Stelvio. Without the panniers that is. Those things are pretty wide! I have the Trax aluminum panniers and work in Hollywood. If you ever want to get together you can check out what the bike looks and feels like with the Trax.

Robert

rmance said:
Hey there bomaizey! Those things are pretty wide! I

I watched a video clip that my mate took while we were up in Scotland last year and was amazed at just how wide the Guzzi is when loaded. It's almost as wide as a small car !

Here's some pics of the panniers...........I think the previous owner must have owned a small garage given the scratches, that said they may polish out a bit.......but I don't use them....got my Givi's

A long shot, but are the panniers still available?

As far as I know, you can still get them from Guzzi or Trax. Getting the brackets may be harder, but they should still be available too.

Back