Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Stelvio REGISTRY & Pics thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Nov 3, 2008.

1. dsirris1976

dsirris1976 Just got it firing!

Re:Stelvio out and about pics here...

Armolia village in Chios island
    Ride with my friends !!!!

2. kwn306

kwn306 High Miler

She sure makes a beautiful bike look even better :p

3. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

You know, Gilles, you should stop flirting with scooter-girls, real biker chicks are much more fun ;) :silly:

4. Wonder B

Wonder B Cruisin' Guzzisti

Nomad I said it in the other post but Corrèze is absolutely wonderful and surely the biker's heaven (when it's not raining of course!)
    I was not too far from you when you took those pics!!!
    Got to find a not too expensive trailer to bring my Stelvio there...

5. Roadkingcustom

Roadkingcustom Just got it firing!

RJVB,

the scooter was an antic Guzzi model. I could not resist. And this day, she told me she has 3 Guzzis in her garage. I believed her. Who can't believe her?

6. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

You're not talking about the white scooter in the picture, are you?!

7. Roadkingcustom

Yes the white one. This is the "1957 Vafanculo model", jajajajajaja

8. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

aristocazzo! :D :D :D

9. Roadkingcustom

Corrèze is a very nice place. Very similar is the Lot and the Dordogne. I am from Lot, these three departments are biker's heaven. I suggest you all the frontier of France with Spain along the moutain Pyrenées from Perpignan to Biarritz. The second biker's heaven. Best season for these trips, may to october. For north european riders all season is good!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :huh: :blush: :silly:

10. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

I put together a covered bridge tour for the state of Georgia this year.

I finally got around to finding a couple of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Re:Failed to Upload, sorry

Stelvio Obsessed wrote:
    Send pics to me direct e-mail to; Todd at GuzziTech.com, and I'll handle them for you.

12. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

Wife keeps saying I've gone too far.

13. Muley

Muley Cruisin' Guzzisti

OK Wayne, I can't resist anymore, especially now that you have a red motorcycle. You have to either paint those yellow helmets or get another color. Has anyone told you that your headgear clashes with that new Stelvio? :lol:

14. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

Muley wrote:
    Sometime you are off of that HD&M EV, turn around and look at it.

Enough said.... :lol:

15. Muley

Muley Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hey, maybe we could swap helmets. My white one would go well with your Stelvio, and I believe your's is just about the same shade of yellow on my EV. They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. B)

I expect Bill to step in any minute with a diatribe on the beauty of our HDM bikes.

Actually, it's good that I ride on the EV rather than having to look at it much. Moto Guzzi designers picked out that color combination, obviously after three too many glasses of wine. I guess only Vicki has to look at that yellow helmet:silly:

16. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

Hmmm, can't recall ever having seen one here — are you sure the design wasn't made specifically with the idea to please the American customer? :silly:

17. kwn306

kwn306 High Miler

Wayne Orwig wrote:
    Not far enough:silly: :blink:

What type of mileage are you getting 2 up?

How does the GIVI windshield work out, any head buffetting on the passenger?

18. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

kwn306 wrote:
    What type of mileage are you getting 2 up?

How does the GIVI windshield work out, any head buffetting on the passenger?[/quote]

Mileage has been a disappointment so far. But I am used to it with air cooled bikes. It is directly related to the outdoor temp. In cold weather, commuting to work, I am lucky to get 30MPG. In warm weather, when I usually ride two up, I have been getting about 38MPG.
    That is based on the internal computer, which I have yet to get a chance to verify.
    Hopefully with a few more break in miles and warmer weather, it will get better.

The Givi shield is fine. I get an odd 'buzz' type buffeting at about 45 MPH, but it is fine much below or above that. Wife hasn't complained.

19. nomad

nomad Tuned and Synch'ed

okay been out for a few rides some pics here - all this month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. kwn306

kwn306 High Miler

Wayne Orwig wrote:
    Mileage has been a disappointment so far. But I am used to it with air cooled bikes. It is directly related to the outdoor temp. In cold weather, commuting to work, I am lucky to get 30MPG. In warm weather, when I usually ride two up, I have been getting about 38MPG.
    That is based on the internal computer, which I have yet to get a chance to verify.
    Hopefully with a few more break in miles and warmer weather, it will get better.

The Givi shield is fine. I get an odd 'buzz' type buffeting at about 45 MPH, but it is fine much below or above that. Wife hasn't complained.[/quote]

Damn, that's worse mileage than I got on my 06 Ultra Classic that I just got rid of to purchase the Stelvio. :woohoo: :blush: :S :side: :angry:

Is there anyway to increase the fuel mileage in the cold weather? Cover up part of the oil cooler to warm the engine up? I wonder why there is such a drastic swing in the fuel consumption? Most of the fellows in Eroupe are reporting high 30's to low 40's.