• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Seat

VictorScot

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I'm not getting along with my Stelvio seat, which is unfortunate because the stock Norge seat and I were a great fit. I ride with it in the lower position due to leg length. The Stelvio seat loads up my tailbone. What are some seat options/ideas? Thanks (And, yes, I used the search function.)

Last edited:
I have a Corbin with a back rest.I like it on long rides. Used with Highway pegs you can ride all day. The seat does raise you a little higher than the stock seat, FYI.

I'm not getting along with my Stelvio seat, which is unfortunate because the stock Norge seat and I were a great fit. I ride with it in the lower position due to leg length. The Stelvio seat loads up my tailbone. What are some seat options/ideas? Thanks (And, yes, I used the search function.)
I had a wedge cut off my seat from 25mm rear to 0mm at front - and replaced with original cover. I found the downhil slope uncomfortable. This has improved comfort and slightly lowered the seat.
Alan NZ

Depends on where you live. If in a hot climate and you let the bike sit in the sun, a gel insert will roast your butt.
I have ridden through Oliver BC, when the temp was about 38 Celsius and never had that issue. Even with it sitting in the direct sun for a few hours. Yes, it was warm, but not uncomfortably so. Mind you my seat is brown leather, I suspect black would be worse. But for about $140 it is the best money for comfortable riding I have ever spent.

I have ridden through Oliver BC, when the temp was about 38 Celsius and never had that issue. Even with it sitting in the direct sun for a few hours. Yes, it was warm, but not uncomfortably so. Mind you my seat is brown leather, I suspect black would be worse. But for about $140 it is the best money for comfortable riding I have ever spent.
Don't try that in Alabama! I had an EV with a gel insert, cover patch white. I had to use a sheep skin on the seat to use it.

I had a wedge cut off my seat from 25mm rear to 0mm at front - and replaced with original cover. I found the downhil slope uncomfortable. This has improved comfort and slightly lowered the seat.
Alan NZ
Thanks Alan. I'm coming to same conclusion of this way to proceed.

What about adding a gel insert? I did this on my V7 III and the seat went from 2 hour comfortable to 8 hour comfortable.
Since we are neighbors, did you have the gel insert done locally? Or did you do it yourself? I have seen some nice upholstery coming out of your area.

I did it myself. It was very easy and took about an hour and a half.
The hardest part was finding a stapler strong enough to staple the cover back on.
I enjoyed doing it myself as I could get the positioning of the pad exactly as I wanted it.

I have a high powered gun for my compressor. Used it to doctor the seat on my Buell (now departed).
Where can I find a gel-pad? The Breva could be a good candidate.

I have a high powered gun for my compressor. Used it to doctor the seat on my Buell (now departed).
Where can I find a gel-pad? The Breva could be a good candidate.
Better to go with a high density foam. I had my seat redone by Sargent in Florida. The stock foam is too soft and you end up on the seat pan.

Thanks John. My experience is also that firmer is better on long days. Good thoughts from both of you.
The Cali Touring seat I fitted to may Jackal in the past was firm, well shaped (for me). Could ride it all day.
I have a project !! :party:

Back