• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio starting issue

Cage Free

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Yesterday after a riding about 100 miles and stopping at a Napa store to pick up some motor oil my bike wouldn't start. When I turned on the key the red warning light on the dash lit and at the bottom it read ECU with a pic of what looked like two wires disconnected. I turned off the key and tried it again only to get the same results. I then switched the ignition key off and on rapidly a few times and things went back to normal, I started the bike and it ran for about 10 seconds before stalling and lights and ecu warning reappearing. I did the key thing again and it started and ran normal on the 20 minute ride home..I checked for loose connectors at the ignition switch and found nothing and started the bike probably ten times since and its as if nothing is wrong...any ideas?

Best case senario is a loose or corroded ground at the ECU. Should be a ground ring that connects to one of the bolts that holds the ECU on. May be one of the ECU connectors but you would think something else would look a miss.

Worse case...your ECU is starting to go, but have not seen to many of those so I would go with the loose or corroded wires.

Thanks, will check out the ground, can't imagine they could be corroded but you never know. Today changed the oil and she fired right up. Well at least its still under warranty and dealer is only 30 miles from home.

Checked all the connectors and ground but nothing appears out of ordinary, everything clean, dry, and snug. I guess its just wait and see for now and if it does it again (which it will) I'll just call Guzzi road service and have this big beatch taken to the dealer..

How are the battery connections? My stock battery gets a little corrosion on the negative terminal, it's not leaking yet but I keep a close eye on it. Also, did you check the main frame grounds? I think there are two - can anyone point to where they are as I'd like to check mine.

Did you pull the tank to get to the ECU ground or can yo reach it under the steering head?

Tom

Back