• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio TT

If history is an indication of the Stelvio arriving here, then 2010. If you really want a Stelvio, grab one now and put the smaller rear wheel on and you're there.

I'll be very curious as to the MSRP of the TT.

I agree with Todd - don't bother waiting. The TT is just a standard machine with a heap of accessories bolted on, most of which probably have better or cheaper equivalents available elsewhere.

The rear wheel might be the only difficulty, but I'm working on that.

How much will the new rear wheel cost?

I am guessing $1K by the time it gets across the pond :woohoo: :eek:hmy: Then you need to get a tire and valve stem, mounted and balanced...another $200 +. :S

I agree with others that you can farkle a bike with better bits, cheaper if time permits (waiting for the right price).

But if the Italian's were smart :blink: they would get the bike on US soil and price it well below its rivals (BMW). But it sounds like the ones in the know are going by history..........to bad:unsure:

Another option is to purchase the Alpina rear rim in the appropriate size, and have it laced up and you're done (sans new tire). Alplina sells raw rims & parts.

Can you buy a tubeless Alpina rim to accept 150 tires ?? Buchanans can do the lacing. I cannot see anything on the Alpina website that offers rims only.

New Stelvio arrived at the Santa Barbara dealer . No word on the TT .
Any sightings of the TT in Italy yet ?

Stelvio TT delivering in Holland

Information is to hand via an acquaintance who has a friend who bought a TT in Holland and it was delivered last Monday.

Anyone got the good oil?

In the UK list price of the Stelvio TT is £10769 compared to standard Stelvio which is £9299.

Due in shops next month.

Does it have a bigger fuel tank ? If not buy the standard bike and add farkles as you see fit, I can't see that knobbly tyres are going to help you offroad one of these hefty beastie's !

Believe its same tank range. Its a crap off road bike anyway so the tyres will be a wasted on it, unless you are mad enough to take it on long off road trips- I am sure someone will!

Same as the current Stelvio... though I do want the smaller rear rim, as I am one of the mad ones who is planning some serious off-road rides, that the desert Southwest U.S. offers. ;)

Yeah I can feel a bit of madness coming on too. :woohoo:

Problem is the Stelvio is still a ghost in this country, one machine appeared on the second hand web sites a few weeks ago being off loaded by the importer (JSG) through a dealer in Sydney - it was one of the three that they brought in for ADR evaluation, no way would I buy it given that it has probably been bench run within an inch of siezing and then thrashed by every journalist and wannabe who could get their grubby little mits on it. Since then silence is the deafening reply to any enquiry, at this stage it looks like the Stelvio is going to be a no show here, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see a little while longer - the F800 is looking better every day that Guzzi stuff around though, I'm getting itchy feet for some dirt. :angry:

The Stelvio is fine on dirt. You may not wanna do clay pits with the boys on 250's but its fine for going on dirt roads, single track and the like. Just be aware of your limits.

Ive taken a GS many many times into situations beyond which it was intended. One's attitude makes a big difference in how that works out. I've put enough miles on a Stelvio now that I know it would be just as good, maybe better, than the GS. The Guzzi first gear is mush lower and the engine is more torquey just off idle. Maybe you COULD walk up those clay pit walls with it.

Mann wrote:
The Stelvio is fine on dirt.

I did find a problem a couple of days back.

It had rained the day before. I rode it up the hill to my back yard. It was a little slimy, but no deal. Later in the day I road it back to the street to head to work, and grabbed a good bit of throttle. :woohoo: Don't want to apply too many horses to a slimy rear tire. :lol:

Wayne Orwig wrote:
I did find a problem a couple of days back.
It had rained the day before. I rode it up the hill to my back yard. It was a little slimy, but no deal. Later in the day I road it back to the street to head to work, and grabbed a good bit of throttle. :woohoo: Don't want to apply too many horses to a slimy rear tire. :lol:
No problem with me... I'd feel right at home. Spent the first 1/3 of my life sideways on the dirt-tracks of America. ;)

Back