• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Zumo mount Mark II

John in PA

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Well, I was quite pleased with myself for coming up with a neat, clean way to mount the Zumo 550 to the Big S. Till I mounted a Guzzi tank bag and realized that GPS clearance on the bag mount was now sparse, and the Zumo was nearly invisible. So, back to the drawing board, and I came up with this offset bracket to raise the Zumo up a couple inches.

First the original mounting holes, drilled and tapped to 8-36 (oddball thread!!) for the original Garmin-supplied screws. The bar clamp must be removed to drill and tap from underneath as that's the only way to get clean threads that exit on the beveled surface of the clamp. Original screws are fine in length and just need to be lock-tite'ed in place. Works fine unless you plan to add a tank bag.

StelvioGPS001.jpg

Original location of Zumo cradle

StelvioGPS002.jpg

Offset bracket is 2.5" by 3.875" by .190" thick

StelvioGPS003.jpg

Original screws shortened to 0.80" thread length from original 1.5"
NOTE on screws: Originals supplied by Garmin are 8-36, a bit of an oddball to find replacements for at a local shop. 8-32's are readily available in stainless in various lengths complete with nylock nuts, etc, and will work as well for this application. You might just want to substitute them for the entire installation.

New cradle location

StelvioGPS004.jpg

Rider's-eye view without bag

StelvioGPS008.jpg

Dittos with bag

StelvioGPS009.jpg

Whole enchilada/quartering shot

StelvioGPS010.jpg

BTW, the Guzzi tank bra doesn't fit well/securely. No way to tighten it adequately to prevent it walking from side to side, especially with the weight of the large bag installed. I finally put four globs of GOOP brand adhesive ( a glorified rubber cement) on the underside of the tank bra. It's REALLY secure now. The glue should (??) peel off without leaving marks if I ever want to remove the bra(?) I thought about on of the quick-release SW-Motech bags that fit other Guzzi's and bolt to the fill cap--the Stelvio has no exposed bolts.--SOL!!! So, I went for the Guzzi bag...

I bumped this up because I see the GPS mounting thread is still active. above are two ways to mount a Zumo GPS securely to the Stelvio. One, by directly drilling and tapping into the handlebar clamp, which is the way Guzzi does it. the other is to make a simple offset bracket to raise it up above a tank bag if you use one. since the tyco plug is a no-go, just cut it off and wire the garmin plug directly to the lead. The blue wire is negative, the green one is positive.

From the pictures I've seen of Guzzi's TomTom mount, I doubt it can be seen with their tank bag in place either.

If you don't use a tank bag the Zumo is perfectly visible without making the extra bracket.

Agree 100%. But, where's the fun of tinkering, then?? I was going for the neat, clean aproach, and aimed to duplicate the factory application, or nearly so.

Back