• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

"Sticker Shock" - newbie question

Alan L in BC

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello, new to the forum, and a new owner of a black V7 Classic, in Port McNeill, BC, Canada. Hopefully this question does not seem as idiotic as it probably deserves to be.

The kind of "sticker shock" I am experiencing is not the usual... my lovely gloss black tank is adorned with hideous, wrinkled, crooked white stickers which seem to defy any attempt at removal. Also, there are stickers on the bars and shocks, the latter warning me, amonst other things, DO NOT INCINERATE!!! There goes my plans for next Friday night, I guess. If I can't incinerate my shocks for a little fun, what to do?

So - Is there a method of sticker removal that works? My efforts with a hair-dryer and picking produce tiny, sticky flakes of sticker and toasty fingers, and I am not keen on softening the paint and then picking or scraping. I am wondering about a unique Moto Guzzi solution - Goose fat on the stickers? Olive oil poultice? The water of Lake Como mixed with a little Chianti? These stickers have to go!

Thanks, Alan L. in Port McNeill, BC, Canada

Apply some heat from the blow dryer, then soak the sticker with WD-40. Use your thumbnail to scrape the sticker off. Enjoy your V7C.

I know what you're up against. They were the most persistent stickers I've ever tried to remove.

You're going about it the best way; heat and rubbing. I had a couple for serious blisters when I was done.

Once I get the paper mostly off, I have found liquid car wax left to soak for several hours softens the glue and does not damage the paint. a credit card is good for scraping too, works better than fingernails

Be very careful as the paint is soft. Even with the greatest of care, and have removed these dam stickers from numerous bikes, I did get a couple of small paint chips. Like it took for ever. I believe the glue is made from left over Penne Rigate starch :shock: :lol:

I have a breva but did what Cloudbase recommends. Heat it with a hairdryer. Get a corner started and get the WD40 underneath the corner you started. The WD40 softens the glue and the heat softens the label making it flexible. Each time you peel back the label add more WD40.

I used a hair dryer and credit card to scrape the sticker off. Trick seemed to be not to get it too hot. Then removed the glue mark with eucalyptus oil.

Thanks - got it all done today, used a heat gun on low setting, GooGone to remove any residue, cleaned and waxed. I needed a fair amount of heat. Those are some ugly stickers, I must say. On to the next problem/question about center stands, so I will start another thread. My bike is up on the hoist, minus fuel tank and exhausts.

Cheers to all, Alan L. in Port McNeill

Mine came off like a dream, had Dave at Moto International do it before the bike was shipped here!Now that's service!, Now if that bike would just get delivered...Should be here next week!

Back