• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stucchi Crash Bars

Mike.C

High Miler
Stucchi Luigi have designed a crash bar for the Stelvio. Personally I would be hesitant to purchase after shelling out a lot of money to them and getting parts that were badly designed and manufactured. My crossover for the Breva was very disappointing, didn't fit, and the quality of manufacture was poor. The crash bars again for the Breva had chroming on them that was absolutely crap. Maybe they have lifted their game or I got a dose of bad luck, but I will be thinking twice before sending them money again.

However info is as follows:

New front crashbar for Stelvio designed by Stucchi Team. This crashbar, thanks to his particular design, has the characterisitcs of prevent the damage to the exaust pipes and gives the better protection to the engine .The kit is provided with specific stainless steel screws and photographic instructions

Pricing:

(satin finish) Code: PRR979925 Prezzo: Euro 230,00
(black) Code: PRR979924 Prezzo: Euro 260,00

Silver

And Black. Just quietly I wonder where they got a yellow Stelvio - looks awful IMO.

I can comment on 2 Stucchi items I recently fitted on my V7C, Crash bars (Breva 750) and a crossover (Breva 750). Both were top notch in fit and finish, Crash bars were a powder coated Pewter/charcoal color and the x-over was a hgh quaility chrome finish. Perhaps they have improved

On the black ones I see a piece running to the back to reinforce it. I don't see that on the silver one.
I think it would bend really easy without that piece.

Maybe the yellow is a prototype- Stucchi are just a big stone's throw from the factory.

Think the bars look a bit weird- like butterfly wings!

I've already installed the crash bars offered by Guzzi. I'd give them high marks for strength, though I haven't "tested" them yet, and hope I don't! The install was a bit of a PITA, getting everything aligned, etc. I plan to mount a pair of PIAA 1100X lights on the bars, and the Guzzi bars have a more "forward" position that might lend better for this application. Otherwise, the Stucchi bars complement the lines of the exhaust and bike a bit better, IMO. That, of course, assumes they are at least as strong as the Guzzi's, which, after all, is the point of the whole purchase!

John, could you post some good pictures of the factory bars ?? The Guzzi catalog has only a small picture and the TT pics Ive seen are distant shots. Also, does anyone have a picture of the Hepco Becker bars ???

My friend's Stelvio just suffered a static drop in a parking lot and it gouged up the valve covers, the left lower fork guard, the left mirror (expensive), the silver left fairing trim and the red main fairing piece, all from a standing-still drop.

Hi Mann,

I decided my Stelvio was too new and also did a static drop in the garage. It snapped off the tip of the clutch lever, and that was it. The factory guards did there job and didn't even get a scratch. Here's a couple of pics:

beak018.jpg

beak013.jpg

Here's a factory picture:

lignts.jpg

Tex, that fall didnt get your plastic bodywork?? It did on my friend's bike without the bars. What do those bars cost from Guzzi?

Mann wrote:
Tex, that fall didnt get your plastic bodywork?? It did on my friend's bike without the bars.

Exactly, it did not. Note that I also have the factory bags which helps offset the back end as well in a laydown. No scratches there either.

Am I wrong or has anyone else noticed that if you use the spiffy factory driving lights with their spiffy mounts, they are now the wide part of the bike, and a nice simple garage tump will cause the lights to be smashed and to in turn smash inward into the plastic and ....:eek:hmy:

lignts.jpg

I've got a plan for fabricating mounts that will let me put a pair of PIAA 1100X driving lights on the crash bars in such a way that they'll be protected in event of a tip-over. I'm going to mount to the front of the horizontal bar, just below it in the space between the cylinder, header, and diagonal bar. I've just got to make a couple small aluminum blocks and drill and tap three holes in each block to mount the lights using PIAA's round bar clamps for 1" bars. That and fab up some wiring extensions to reach the factory pigtails up under the fairing, since it's my plan to use the factory switch on the front of the left handgrip. I've already installed the missing relay in the fuse box up front in the right fairing.

Does anyone recommend that little guard for the final drive that I see in the accessories catalog?? Is that really of any benefit?

Has anyone that mounted the Stucchi crash bars found that they get in the way of your legs/knees? Same question for the factory crash bar owners....

I'm considering a set, but at 6'4", I want to make sure they won't interfere with my riding position. And my knees are already plenty close to the cylinders.

Check these out, the work really well and they blend in with the bike, looking as if they came stock.

http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/form ... %2000%2001

Also you can see what they look like a Stelvio. And the price you can't beat it either. Compared to MG ones @ $400 and HB ones @ $200
Click on the link below and scroll down to the middle of the page where you will see a black Stelvio with the Hepco & Becker ones. There are some good photos to see what they look like. And if you keep scrolling you will see a red Stelvio with the MG ones. You decide. Hope this helps Ray.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/190/987.html

I have the HB ones and they serve their purpose. My bike dropped on it's side and it protected the engine well.

I haven't looked at where they bolt too closely but all of the available 'Crash Bars' seem to have the problem that they bolt ether to the frame mounting holes on the engine or direct to bits of the engine case or timing chest itself.

Now just call me stupid but I thought that this sort of thing, if practical, was designed to *PROTECT your engine. Not trash it completely! Sure, they will, in most cases, save a bit of damage if you drop it in the garage or maybe at walking pace, but anything over that and they look like hey will actually cause MORE damage than they prevent!

I may be wrong. I hope so. Believe me I am accutely aware of the fragility of the top end and cam-boxes on the 8V motor, but what is better? writing off a head and cam-box? Or smashing your crankcase???

Just sayin'...................

Pete

A valid concern, Pete, but I don't see any alternative. There are no downtubes or other non-engine parts to connect a bar to. The rear of the factory bar does attach to the frame, so that part is good.

lignts.jpg

You would have to do some mighty massive cross bracing down there to achieve any sort of coverage. Then again..., maybe something that incorporates a skid plate, where the bar might rip out of the plate in a really bad moment? Hmmm...

BigTex - any issue with the crash bar interfering with your riding position?

Back