• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Suspension Settings for my 2011 Norge 4V

evo

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all,
I've clocked up 5000k's on the old girl now and loving it. I have chewed out a good tyre with only 5000ks and replaced the Angels with PP3's front and rear.
I think I've got the rear sorted out but I have no idea what settings or even where to start with the front forks. Its compression only. What are you guys setting on your Norge for a good ride.

cheers

Hi, I have a 2011 Norge 8V.
I found the front suspension way to spongy and soft. I dialed the suspension all the way to the right.
It is better now but I will certainly have my suspension (front and rear) undergo a major modification/change for the next season.

Fit some 1200 Sport forks - then you have compression and rebound adjustment as well as quantity and grade of oil to play with. Even go the whole hog and put in some decent springs.

Food for thought and something to play with...

Thanks Guys,
yes I'll speak to Roper, see what he thinks, if I need to change the forks I will, I don't want it for track days or to be a super hero but I'd love to get it right so I don't freak out when I hit bumps in the road when hard over in a corner, sheesh, its a frightening thing. I'll go wind it all the way in hard and go from there.

cheers :roll:

Did you get an update on suspension from Roper?

I'm happy with the front end of my new Norge, (8 weeks old) But I do find its weaving in corners when I lay it over. I have the low gel seat which is quite hard, and don't want to set the shock harder, but it appears that I may have to change settings for twisty roads, and change back for longer runs, which is a pain, Haven't experimented much yet.

Depending on your rider weight with gear, it continues to prove itself that the bikes are still arriving with far too light springs (front and rear) and poor valving rates on the Norge, old to current.
If you weigh over 170 lbs/77 kg w/gear -- The front end is a Matris Fork Kit away from perfection, and the rear shock I highly recommend replacement. I offer both Penske and Matris.
On CARC Guzzis, proper suspension is plush yet well damped and will deliver the ride you hope for and then some.
Feel free to contact me direct e-mail if you have any questions; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Hello Guys, I have a 2011 Norge GT8V bougth last June. I weight about 180lbs w/o gear and my wife about 130lbs. We go long distance touring with the Norge but I also have my not so rare moments when I go crazy with the throttle (when alone on the saddle).
I need my suspension to be much more stiffer (I hate nose dive when breaking hard) but still comfy for touring.
Winter is here and it is time to make it better. Do you have any suggestions?

Thks and have all a good weekend!

Evo, first of all your switch lock is here. :D

Secondly I am very happy with the Matris shock on the back of the Griso and have heard good things about their fork inserts. First thing I'd do though is ride up here to pick up your switch block and I'll introduce you to Laurie our local suspension expert. I defer to his encyclopaedic knowledge of bouncy stuff. He is very good, fairly priced and extremely thorough.

Pete

Thanks Pete,
my partner goes home for four weeks in December, next time I get some days off, I'll come up stay the night and ride home. If nothing else, we can have a beer or six.

cheers :mrgreen:

I'm surprised that MG didn't up grade the forks on the 2011 Norge, but they did a lot of other great upgrades.

As far as the forks go, if you go with 1200 Sport forks (which I have and will be installing the correct rate springs next season) you'll need need to get the correct rate springs if you weigh more than 145lbs. These come with copression and rebound dampening adjustments but no preload adjustment.

My buddy has the Matris fork kit, absolutely love them, rock solid through turns and bumps without being harsh at all, they're great for moderately aggressive riding and touring. Slow speed handling is improved too, front end doesn't rise on take off. The lack of dampening adjustment is completely forgotten and the preload adjustability helps with passengers.

Back