• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

T3-850 getting back to "stock"

katit

Just got it firing!
Hello!

1. Together with a bike I got spare solo seat which I would like to install. Need some help with hardware, I seem to miss mounting brackets. Can anyone help with pictures on how it should be mounted? If hardware available - great, if not - I need to get an idea on how to mount it.

2. Rear light and turn signals. Looks like I need whole "assembly". What should it look like? Currently I have some aftermarket rear light and turn signals embedded into the storage bags.

See pics of seat and frame.. Also picture of a bike as it sits right now.

Attachments

• IMG_8162.jpg
    IMG_8162.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8163.jpg
    IMG_8163.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8164.jpg
    IMG_8164.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8151.jpg
    IMG_8151.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8147.jpg
    IMG_8147.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 6
A 1975 - 1976 Should look something like this
CCF18316 C729 4147 A4A7 D10862B5F441

It does not seem this was a cop bike which may have the solo seat
ACA1DB59 B4B0 4773 A916 4598B12B9729
Contact Todd per email... he may Be able to help you getting the parts and may have the knowledge and the contacts to get the seat attachment

Last edited:
Here is better/bigger images. I also found some online reference on how to mount police seat. With that, main questions is.. Do I have police solo seat or what is it? Springs and seat itself I have/see on mine don't look like what shows elsewhere. Is it even Guzzi seat?

Attachments

• IMG_8163 (1).jpg
    IMG_8163 (1).jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8164 (1).jpg
    IMG_8164 (1).jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8162 (1).jpg
    IMG_8162 (1).jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 6
If Todd can't help you, try Harper's Moto Guzzi. They have been a dealer since the bike was new. But please try Todd first.

Todd responded they do 2000+ bikes, need to call Harper's. Hard to deal with it's all over the phone.
You will fine Curtis is very helpful. He is my go to guy for older bike parts. I was just on the phone with him today to get bearings for a T3 rear drive I'm rebuilding for a guy.

It does look like a Tonti frame police seat that has been modified to fit something else. It has all the mounts for fitting the brackets and the 2 frame rests on the front but has added bolts through the seat base with the 2 angle brackets and springs.
See pictures of brackets and rails required to fit the seat. They are hard to find. Might be easier to fit a Harpers solo seat as no brackets required. You could sell the one you have and should get some $$ for it if I am correct about it being a Tonti solo seat.

Attachments

• seat_mount_tonti_2.jpg
    seat_mount_tonti_2.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 6
  • seat_mount_tonti_3.jpg
    seat_mount_tonti_3.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 6
No springs needed. It is bolted on the rear to brackets that act as a hinge and it rests on the 2 front mounts.
See here for better phots showing detail.
thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_tonti_solo_seat_installation.html

No springs needed. It is bolted on the rear to brackets that act as a hinge and it rests on the 2 front mounts.
See here for better phots showing detail.
thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_tonti_solo_seat_installation.html
Saw that too. Problem is not just those zinc brackets. They supposed to mount to frame hole and some other black tubes via 2 bolts so they don’t move on a bottom.

I will need to figure out brackets that stay put but without utilizing other parts

The T3 frame has two tabs on the top that act as guides for the stock seat. Those tabs have bolt holes in them. The rear of the police seat just bolts to those tabs. The parts manual for the police bike shows the bolts, nuts, and lock washers that secure the seat.

The T3 frame has two tabs on the top that act as guides for the stock seat. Those tabs have bolt holes in them. The rear of the police seat just bolts to those tabs. The parts manual for the police bike shows the bolts, nuts, and lock washers that secure the seat.
I beg to differ that the seat will bolt directly to the frame.
There are brackets (46) that go between the frame tabs and the seat mount tabs. The brackets have radial slots which allow the front of the seat to be adjusted forward or back to sit close to the tank, and they hold the seat rear higher. The brackets also face backwards which moves the seat pivot point backwards. The brackets can be used without the rails (44&45) but are not as secure due to only 1 fixing point acting as a pivot.
There are actually bushes (51) that go in the seat as it has a larger diameter hole than the bracket, and it allows the seat to pivot on the bracket when the bolt is tightened.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-27 150351.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 150351.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 5
I beg to differ that the seat will bolt directly to the frame.
There are brackets (46) that go between the frame tabs and the seat mount tabs. The brackets have radial slots which allow the front of the seat to be adjusted forward or back to sit close to the tank, and they hold the seat rear higher. The brackets also face backwards which moves the seat pivot point backwards. The brackets can be used without the rails (44&45) but are not as secure due to only 1 fixing point acting as a pivot.
There are actually bushes (51) that go in the seat as it has a larger diameter hole than the bracket, and it allows the seat to pivot on the bracket when the bolt is tightened.
I believe those are for the radio mount on a police model. Only one side has tabs that go up where you might attach, but the other side doesn't have them. Possibly you need them, but I haven't seen this setup since the 70s.

The bracket you referring to (silver)
Quantity in the Parts book is 2
One left one right. The slot for the second bolt allows for up and down adjustment of the seat.. not front and back! The picture shows a version of the bracket with two holes instead of a slot.
You do need the rails for the second bolt to hold the pivot bracket in position. Unless you’re able to figure out how to attach a second bracket left and right
to keep the bracket in position.
Shouldn’t be a problem to make those brackets...

B1D5A0F7 EA43 45D5 8E81 2F86AC52DB81 E2480BCE B3AD 4E69 BEAA DDD808A31147

I will have to figure out different brackets though. As you said second bolt keeps brackets steady and it requires those other parts.

Extra amateur 2 minute drawing...
Two saddles made out of half pipe and bracket to attach the seat it’s all one piece....
57335986 9230 426F 9017 F7A35FFBFAAA

Back