• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Taking the plunge... new 1200 sport on order

A

Anonymous

Greetings all...Well I've managed to sell my duc and in the process of purchasing a new 1200 sport Corsa. Whilst its always hard to let go of a good bike....the guy I sold it to is wrapped, so I know she's off to a good home. Looking forward to picking up the new Guzzi early next month. Can't wait to have a ride..... I note Todd has a couple of good pipe options posted on GT-RX. I'm interested in the low slung carbon job or the reverse cone stainless. Anyone had any first hand experience with one of these bad boys on an 8 valve? Hard to tell on utube, sound quality is hard to gauge and I'm wondering if it will pop on decel like other mufflers I've heard on the sport? Also I notice from the picture of it, the pillion peg looks very close? Might be just an illusion from the photo, however would be interested if anyone has tried one of these on the 8 valve as apposed to say the GPR or Mistral?

Soooo have you got it yet ? whats it like ?

i'm selling the Griso and had my mind set on a K1300R but spotted the 1200 Corsa in the window of a dealer i don't normally go near, now i'm hooked.

Hi Double d, I notice you are located in Brisvagas, thats pretty cool as so am I... However to answer your question; I picked her up 2 weeks ago and done about 350k's on her so far around the GC hinterland. Really nice ride, very pleased with it. Its a completely different ride to my previous Ducati, however it has a lot of style and I really like it thus far. First impressions are great fast cornering, and nice top end grunt. I have not really had a chance to open her right up yet, as I'm still running her in; however I can feel that its got potential once I get used to her nice little quirks. Shes hefty.. but capable. I don't mind the bit extra in the right places as its got really nice lines as a consequence. I could sit and look at it for hours admiring the work of the italian that came up with the design. There is no doubt that he had a woman on his mind when he designed this bike, as it as it oozes with sex appeal imo. The seat is really comfy and after i adjusted the bar position back a fraction, its a really sweet riding position. With a straight back you are slightly forward with just bent arms. Feels really stable comming into and exiting corners at high speed. The Duc was a lot more forward and with more weight forward, the clip ons would eventually get you in wrists on a trip.
Only down side at this point is the stock muffler; It really gives the bike constipation and distroys any really good sound unfortunately. I'm talking with Todd at the moment to see if I can get one of his reverse cones or cabon slip ons shipped out which should fix that issue nicely I expect, however at this point I don't think he has had a chance to trial or map the 8V sport with one yet.
I'll keep you posted. I'm planning on heading down through Murwullimbah this Sunday morning so no doubt I'll learn some more about the bike by the end of the weekend (20th of May). Stay tuned.....

Heading off to Dorrigo, and all roads in between, this weekend, but i would like to meet with you at some stage and get down to the nitty gritty of the Corsa and the power up goodies you are looking at.

Maybe the weekend after ?. My number is 0405 128 645, or send me yours and i'll give you a call.

David.

Well I had a ball today, really got into the zone for a couple of hours coming home on Hinds speedway through the saw tooth section from Numingbah to Beechmont. The thing I'm learning about these Guzzi's is; the more you wind them up, the better they go. For a big V twin they really get going above 5K and well into the upper rev range, which is sort of at odds with what you'd expect really for this type of engine. Still have not given it a gut full yet, however there were a number of times I was mid rev range and noticed if you roll on the throttle the torque just kept on coming.....
Also for its weight the brembo's pull it up beautifully.
Getting used to a couple of the quirks like the pop on decel (actually its kind of catchy, caught myself blipping a few times just to hear it on the down shift.. :) and the mechanical feel to the gear box; however the more you ride it, the better it feels. I notice you can be really delicate with the shifter on the upshift and it still drops positively into gear with a little clunck and a nudge of the rear to let you know its made the change before you engauge the clutch and roll the throttle on again. On the down shift, a blip of the throttle and delicate press of the shifter give the same positive clunk and makes for a really smooth change.
All in all a great day.... Washed up and back in the shed. Looking foward to another ride........
Hope all went well for you Dave.

Guzzikeen did you buy it new ? Allow the standard 15K - 20K kms run in for Guzzis and you'll be amazed at how smooth the donk gets.

Cheers,

Hey Paul, sounds like you are settling in just fine. Forget about reving it, just short shift and use the torque and enjoy, and mind you don't lug it to much until your past that first thousand k's.

As Magoo sais, there will come a time when you will feel the motor free right up. With the Griso this phenomena occurred at around 30k, you can really feel the difference :evil:

We had a good run home from Dorrigo, specially from Kyogle through Mt Lindsay. The ultimate satisfaction for me is to catch full leather clad Sunday racers on their R1s and ZX14's have them wave me past, try and stick with me, and then drop off when the going gets tuff :oops:

I'll be in touch during the week.

Hi gents, yes Magoo, I bought it new, it had literally 2.4km's on it when I picked it up and that was the dealer going around the corner to fill it up at the local service station... Have 750km's on it now.

Dave, good to hear you had a good run back. Bit chilly down there I'll bet first up last Sunday morning. I love that section of switchbacks on the mount Lindsay after Woodenbong ...really nice if he road isn't to chopped up.

Yeah quite a few people have said not to labour it in the run in, so I have been pretty careful to downshift to avoid it. I'm heading out to stanthorpe in June so will get her in for first 1500K service before that trip. I'm sure it will take quite a few Km's to free right up, the duc was the same about 12K onwards by memory.

On another note: I really like the funky feature where you can adjust the shift light setting up or down in 100 rpm increments from 6000 to 8500 RPM with the mode button and then the tacho needle follows as you set it....really cool.

By the way, I think the ruptured Budgie rally was last weekend, so perhaps some interesting pics on the MGCQ web site if they are quick to post?

Talk soon Dave, might be able to cross paths somewhere Sunday perhaps?

Why do you good people Down Under get that gorgeous model and we in the USA do not? That bites! :lol:

Sweet bike!

scottmastrocinque said:
Why do you good people Down Under get that gorgeous model and we in the USA do not? That bites! :lol:

Sweet bike!

"good people down under", you already answered the question ;)

Hi Paul, the 1200 sport corsa is an awesome looking bike in those clothes. The more miles the better she will run. My 2011 sport has just run up 7000klm. I have fitted a straight through zorst muffler by a local new zealand manufactuer and todds cnc air box lid ,K&N filter ,removed the cat,flashed ecu, pcv and auto tune with wide band 02 sensor, and the power differnce was huge and totaly transformed the bike. it would be 30% faster on acceleration and have had the needle over 240klm/hr but wiil wait till the donk is fully loosened up at around 12000 klm befotre seeing what top end is avalible.The tune she plays is great so if your just after a grunteir sound the reverse cone will sound awesome. We are lucky here in NZ as removal of the cat is still legal.I find the handling better than all of my previous bikes and have just fitted a pair of pirelli rosso 2 feet, which should last longer than the standard metzlers.Keep clocking up the miles , all guzzis improve with age like us.

Attachments

• DSC00015 (640x480) (175x131).jpg
    DSC00015 (640x480) (175x131).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 189
Hi all, its not very often Scott we get something before the states does typically, unless its something like snake bite anti-venom, Hendra virus, Bundaberg Rum's latest concoction or UGG Boots....So having a sports Corsa colour scheme before the states is a feather in John Standard's Group cap imo.

It is a real nice colour scheme.....really sets the bike apart imo and probably what swung me over to the Guzzi if i was totally honest. Looking forward to another run this Sunday as weather looks fine, fine, fine. 8 degrees start and 22 the top. Bit chilly for kick off but lovely for midday riding..... :D

Thanks for the heads up Piper 75, thats really good info. Yes I was heading the way of a PC3 and flash upgraded ECU and ditching the colostomy bag with the addition of Todds Y-pipe and RC muffler. I thought it would be like chalk and cheese. It just seems so choked up with the cat bag, stock air filter and pipes. I know from the same process with my duc... there's a demon waiting to get out of every big twin, it just needs some patience and some tweeking to show its full potential.

Taking the cat off here in OZ is illegal, however unless your pipes are rediciously loud, I'd be very surprised to get pinged for it in QLD. I have only been pulled up once in 7 years for a routine inspection and the bike cop was more concerned with tyre condition and rego than anyting else.

Back