• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The EV-T Acquisition Nightmare

Lightning

Just got it firing!
So far the past 2 moths I have been selling off everything I had running to buy a used EV-T. Been trying real hard to get one for the past month but for some reason or another its just an impossible thing to do. I did a lot of research and setting aside me being partial to Guzzi's in the first place I came to the conclusion that the EV-T was going to be the best Tour bike for me and the wife to obtain.

Now with that said I will share a little story on 5 bikes I have recently try to purchase. I am not going to mention any names or locations or bad mouth anyone... (well there is this one guy I won't speak highly) anyways thats not the point of the topic here.

Bike #1: Spoke to the mechanic 3 times and still have not heard back from the sales guys yet.

Bike #2: Wasn't too crazy about the color but was priced right. Negotiated some recall work and gave CC# for a decent down payment. Thinking this was a done deal took me 5 days after giving the deposit to finally get a hold of the sales rep to find out they sold the bike to a previous party that was interested in it... and didn't bother to call me to let me know. They said they couldn't find my number, funny they called be 5 times before they took the deposit. Fortunately they never charged my card so no harm done there but would have been nice to know anyways.

By this time I am done with trying to deal with a dealer so I jump into the private market to see what I can dig up.

Bike #3: Found a really nice one but the guys was asking a small fortune for it, in fact it was the highest priced EV-T I have seen to date. Anyways for some reason the lowest I could get him down to was about $200 under BB value.... which is about $500 over my budget since I have equated plane tickets/fuel expenses to travel a great distance to pick up a bike... not to add to retitle an out of state bike & taxes.

Bike #4: By far the furthest bike away, price a little lower the #3, but not by much. Negotiated down... still hit that magic number as the one above. Also, none of the recall work has been done to the bike so there is a possible disaster waiting to happen and not too sure I would go touring on it until it was fixed.

Bike #5: Thought I had a winner today. Went to go pick the bike up about 3 hours away. Bike was priced right, didn't even try to talking the seller down. Seller was 30 mins late to showing up to his own house even though I told them I would be there at noon... which I was. Saw a little rust pitting on the handle bars, nothing serious and nothing steel wool couldn't fix. Also a little paint crinkle at the bottom edge of the gas cap.. pushed on it and seemed to be hard, possible factory defect. Cranked it up motor sounded solid and no leaks. Seller then tells me the ODO is broke and goes into bla bla bla about it... so now its exempt (by my book) when I buy the bike but I was warned already about those speedos breaking. I took it out for a spin... came back grinning ear to ear and told him SOLD. Went to the truck to grab my plate and cash for the bike, hand the cash and ask the seller for the title.

The seller then told me the title was at his other house 2 states away...??????? Huh???? :unsure: :woohoo: :S:angry::( Now I asked if they had a clear title for the bike before I came up there, guess I should have been more specific and asked if the title and the bike were at the same location. Anyways the seller tried to get me to take the bike with out a title... yea right... not going to happen. Seller begins to get upset with me because I am not willing to buy the bike without a title in hand... however it was offered to be mailed to me (possibly via turnip truck). At this point I can't possibly believe someone would try and sell a vehicle of any type and not have a title on hand... or at least disclose that very important piece of info before traveling to make a purchase.

Anyways that is the logistical hell I have been going through trying to get a EV Tour and thanks to Todd with a few emails of info I have somehow wound up knowing more about the bike than the sellers... and I still don't know much if that says anything. After today's incident Todd, I think I want a shirt that says "You meet the weirdest people selling a Guzzi"

I'll keep hunting for a couple more weeks and if I don't find one I might just have to buy another Eldo. Sorry for the long rant but thought some of you might get a chuckle at the ongoing process of trying to buy a bike... which I will add the EV-T is the hardest bike I have ever tried to buy, and I have owned a lot of bikes.

Aaron

Shew, I worked up a sweat just reading that. Happy to help... look forward to seeing you on a EV-T. Wonderful Guzzis.

ugh :blink:

for what its worth don't doubt yourself for not parting with the readies until you got title... Unfortunately I know enough about humanity to not trust even Mother Teresa swearing on the bible when they're saying 'the cheque is in the mail...', 'will fix you up next week...' and my personal favourite: 'what's your problem, its only a bit of paper..' :blink:

All good things come to those who wait B)

Moz

Back