• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The Griso You all want, makes all others slow

bobelpfan

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi,

The Uk magazine motorcycle sport & Leisure magazine has an exclusive test of the Millipercento ALBA Griso, basically a stock Griso chassis with a watercooled conversion for the top end, with ROUND barrels, 1420 cc and 107 ft lbs of torque and 165 BHP, the bike has already passed European noise & emission tests, and will be developed as a road bike. They will specify Ohlins shocks if required, and promise uprated brakes (they will need them !)

Millipercento are the guys behind the Daytona winning MGS 01, and Guzzi need to pay close attention, all I need is a lottery win,as i suspect the price may not be bargain basement !

Regards

Bobelpfan

Well, no, not all of us want it. It is ugly, un-necessary, bulky and has enough power to make itself into an unrideable pig. Well done them, they're welcome to it.

Pete

pete roper said:
Well, no, not all of us want it. It is ugly, un-necessary, bulky and has enough power to make itself into an unrideable pig. Well done them, they're welcome to it.

Pete

C'mon, don't hold back, Pete: tell us how you really feel! :lol:

For those who're out of the loop, the Big Bore kit that Millepercento announced a couple years ago got plenty of airplay over on the v11lm forums where I usually play. Up shot is that there's no replacement for displacement, so if you want to campaign an antediluvian 2v guzzi against 4v modern tech, well, you've got to give it bigger slugs & then install water-cooling to keep it all from melting itself into a puddle of slag. By which time, once you've done all this, you've lost sight of what made the old 2v lump such a pleasing ride to begin with... :silly:

At 107 ft/lbs of torque and 165 bhp, the sucker must rev way beyond a normal griso to get that bhp number, how long will it last?

HI,

I think the fact that it is bigger capacity and water cooled will help, tolerances are more consistent in water cooled bores, which is where air cooling lets the side down, also keeping mechanical noise in check.

The article is worth reading,even if this bike doesn't do it for you. for the background to the Guareschi MGS 01, which blew away factory Ducati 1098 Superbikes, if only that happened more often !

Regards Bobelpfan

I really like the looks... not sure I'd trust all that hp. And I swore to myself that I will never own another watercooled, or full faired bike. Plus, I'd never afford it.

One of those bikes that I like to look at but wouldnt want to own.

:p And what do you mean by that? I admit, i do have a tiny soft sport for sportbikes... it looks like an ultimate sport Guzzi to me.

GuzziHero said:
:p And what do you mean by that?
Your criteria are sliiightly different :silly: :

rail_magazine.jpg

Mi_ka said:
GuzziHero said:
:p And what do you mean by that?
Your criteria are sliiightly different :silly: :

rail_magazine.jpg

Touche (cant do accents in Maxthon, it seems...)

Renault_Twingo.jpg

Besides, you lot can have and keep art... we have a better army, and armies don't have to be pretty to do the job :p

---
Edit:
Oh, the Freightliner Class 70 was designed/made by Americans... General Electric ;)

---
TheMuffinMan said:
If they want something faster they should go buy a hayabusa.

So how about the MGS-01? ;)

Oh, and isnt this the Griso subforum? That doesnt look like a conventional Guzzi either...

I was implying that it's well known that the Griso isn't the fastest bike on the road. If they wanted something faster they should've gotten a 1000cc+ sport bike.

I started a thread back in Feb. '09 about the BB1; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/topic. ... 163&t=1578 -- asking what folks might be willing to pay for one, and though the conversation was fun, it went nowhere. I was considering setting up to be a dealer for them, but they still had a good deal of hurdles to clear then for approval, and they had no intentions of going after them here in the States. California's custom-build law would allow one per year/per owner to be legally registered.

Hi,

The millepercento Griso has no fairing, so hanging on will be a challenge I would imagine, not as bad as Allen Millyard's Dodge Viper engined bike, 10 cylinders, eight litres and 500 bhp at the wheel, I spoke to him He is an engineer in a Nuclear Power Station, so doesn't settle for zip ties ,dexion and gaffa tape ! It also has no fairing, He tried it out at the Bruntingthorpe test track, a data logger showed at 37 per cent throttle he was doing 209 mph ! Alarmingly He wants to make that a production bike, footage of this thing can be found under name on Youtube, along with the 2 litre Z1000 vee eight he made at home, and the 2.300 cc V12 made by splicing two Kawasaki Z1300's together, some people should not be left unattended in a shed.

Regards Bobelpfan

bobelpfan said:
Hi,

The millepercento Griso has no fairing, so hanging on will be a challenge I would imagine,

absolutely, it's troublesome enough on a standard 1200: the big bore thing on a Griso can't really be about getting more useable top-end speed,
it's a style experiment type of thing, isn't it?

I don't understand all the fuss about "hard to hang on to an un-faired bike" like the Griso.
My wife and I spent a fair bit of time on the last leg back from Indy for the MotoGP races doing "a quick pace" and had no issues. My Griso has the little fly screen and her V11 has the stock fly screen.
And the notion that if I wanted something quicker I should have bought something else is the kind of comment that you would expect from someone who doesn't get it. How that phrase appears here so often I don't know.
I would love my Griso to be faster then it is. I would have bought one of the new 8V ones (or the prototype style with the Daytona motor) if they had brought that out in the first place. They didn't so now I have a Griso that is slower then the Buell it replaced.
But there is hope, as it is easier to make a Guzzi faster then make a fast bike look and feel as cool as a Guzzi.
And it isn't just about top speed, but how hard it accelerates.

There is a BIG difference between riding the Griso fast and riding a V11 with clip-ons at the same speed
(as there is between riding a Griso at sustained speed and riding a 600/750 sports/race rep at the same/faster speed).
Although I haven't ridden a 'big fairing' Le Mans model, I've observed that the LeMans fairing and the V11 positioning also make for better 'pushing through the air at speed'. Stands to reason, as well as experience? :?:

The V11 simply wins – compared to the positioning on the Griso and especially the push of the wind.

As to wether I would rather ride the Griso fast all day or ride the V11 fast all day – that's a different matter and depends upon many different things. There can't be a stock answer to that sort of matter. They're just different styles of bike and do different things.

My point is more that if you aim for sportsbike speed and sportsbike handling - best get a sportsbike, than try to turn the Griso into one, particularly when you make it ugly in the process. I don't mind go-faster mods that make the Guzzi more beautiful, emphasise its essence, etc. With the Griso (and other Guzzis) you have to enjoy it for what it is and what it does, rather than strain forlornly for what it isn't. It isn't a GSX R600.

--- however The Fact still remains: that it can be hard work hanging on to the Griso at high speed. :!:

Back