• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The Guzzi has landed

dbarb3

Tuned and Synch'ed
All the way from Seattle, WA to Coats, NC. Big thanks to Dave and Micah at Moto International and to Todd at Guzzi Tech. Great service and very knowledgeable guys.

Brand new red 2008 1200 Sport. Met the delivery guy at the end of my driveway this morning and he said "I have got one beautiful motorcycle on my truck for you". He's right, haven't got a ride in yet but I am amazed at how gorgeous this bike is.

Bought the 1200 based on pictures and reviews, I had never seen or heard a MG in person. Guess I'm in for some fun.

Previously had a Honda VTX 1800 -(torque monster) and a Suzuki BKing (rocket ship) so I am looking forward to something different.

David

David, congrats and my pleasure... happy to be of help.

Welcome to the Famiglia. Post some pics (or send them to me if you have any issues in doing so).

Congratulations.

The Sport is a beautiful machine.

It not only looks good, but moves well, too. You will, I think, find it brings you miles of smiles.

My brother has a B11, also in red, and it is a superb all-around motorcycle. Your Sport trumps even that. A fine choice that will turn heads wherever you go.

Bill

As long as ya misses accepts that she will always be #2 in your heart ..............................
that is until you buy another Guzzi. :D

Today was my first ride on the Sport. Six months ago I totaled my B King at a blind intersection with no sign. So after two broken arms, concussion and five surgeries I have finally made it back.

I was only up to about 20 miles today before I got tired, but the Sport ran flawlessly with Todd's setup. I did a lot of up and down runs to settle in the rings and it ran perfectly at all RPMs.

I guess in 20 minutes I am already starting to see why Guzzistas are so loyal. This bike and motor is something special.

Can't wait to get in some longer rides on this stallion. So different than the Japanese bikes.

dbarb3 sorry to hear about your accident though happy to hear that you have another chance to enjoy bikes. I too came back from a serious accident years ago and have become so much more careful. I can't imagine living happily without riding!
Good Luck, Ed

The Sport has totally blown me away. For some reason I was expecting a clunky, rough running and riding bike.

It is anything but, the smoothness of the transmission and shaft drive rate up there with any Japanese bike I've ridden. Clutchless shifting is a breeze and it seems like the bike has chain drive. The ride is smooth and handles like its on rails. Sixth gear is like the overdrive that I've wished every bike I've owned had. This thing will flat out effortlessly eat up the miles.

Even though I sorta wish it had a few more ponies, the motor pulls like a train and triple digits sneak up on you. I guess I never understood the magic of this old twin, but I do now.

This bike new at around 8 grand is a steal, even if it is an 08. I guess the Gootsie bug has bitten me.

Don't know why more aren't around, but that's OK I like having the only one in the neighborhood.

Congrats David, What a great deal! Glad your'e enjoying your bike already. Have you started reading threads on GT? There'sa good one on breaking in a motor.

dbarb3 said:
Don't know why more aren't around, but that's OK I like having the only one in the neighborhood.
Amazing isn't it? It's like finding buried treasure in the middle of a city and no one notice you digging!

dbarb3 said:
the Sport ran flawlessly with Todd's setup
. Which set up is that? Reflashed ECU? You'll probably notice an improvement in performance when the motor breaks in.

Ride safe!

I went with the complete fueling setup. Reflashed ECU by Todd and PC V with Autotune. It is pricey but I plan on keeping this scooter for a long time. Most would probably be satisfied with just the reflash, but the Autotune is one sweet setup. You can change pipes, air filters etc and the Autotune will automatically provided recommended changes to the fuel map. Very cool.

Todd shipped the complete kit to Moto International and Micah installed it for me prior to shipping my bike and did a great job.

Don't know how you feel about the seat, but it may be the most uncomfortable seat I've ever had. Thinking about sending it to Sargent to get it re-shaped. Other than that, great bike and definitely unique.

I agree on the seat. There is a company down our way called Mean City Cycles that I may try. I continually get pushed to the front of the seat and I'm thinking of using their service. Their price is definitely right and they receive a lot of compliments from the cruiser world. Might be worth giving them a call.

At 700 miles have done a couple of engine oil/filter changes, serviced the differential and transmission oils and set the valves. All four of the valves were a smidgen loose. Really easy bike to maintain.

Must say though, only vehicle I have ever had to use a torque wrench on the oil filter. Never done anything before but tighten by hand. Doesn't work on the Sport. Tighten to spec, no leaks.

The valves are easy once I decided to quit trying to use the marks for TDC, they are useless. Most time consuming part was replacing one of the valve cover gaskets.

Hopefully this routine every 6K and I will be good to go.

Still can't put my arms around why this bike is so special, but it surely is.

Back